Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

All of this talk makes me sad because while I would love to have D4 on the go for my vita, it would come with the patch pre-applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I can't speak Japanese, but the announcement for the date of an announcement wouldn't make for a very good April fool's joke, would it? I just want Asagi to finally have her game. :ohdear:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

D4 also looks way better because they redrew all the sprites.

Except for a certain character.

For real though, get D4V. The cheat shop streamlines things so much. Like, I'm on chapter 5 and have the equivalent of 50 statisticians on everybody and can freely change enemy strength using a meter rather than going through the tedium of passing bills. Also, you can enter the senate much more quickly since they don't make you load a separate screen.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 22, 2014

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

megamariox posted:

Hmm... if you are at that point my advice to you would be to get a puppy paw stick, a statician, make a battle suit and then start duping. One of the best improvements that they made in this version of the game was that Battle Suits have a class skill that turns them neutral allowing you to dupe off of them. Also start preparing for the land of carnage, and start leveling a thief you'll need one to steal the best equipment, also don't forget that you can steal a legendary yoshitsuna off of Zetta that will give you a kick start in getting the best equipment, oh and you can also just use the retry instead of going to the title screen if Zetta doesn't have a legendary yoshitsuna. You should also select the characters you are going to perfect and start doing character world runs for them, I would recommend just doing two, playing this game shattered my nostalgia goggles concerning charaworld and reminded me of just how much of a slog it is to max out apptitudes.

Is the puppy paw stick still the best way of duping? I remember there was a bug in the ps3 version that got patched out that made duping a matter of just exploiting some menus, but people a ton of people used it specifically because the puppy paw stick's steal rate had been reduced from D3.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Emron posted:

Going 10 floors into a chara world run and clearing all the geo blocks, THEN paying 5000 mana just so I can spread an evil symbol's AOE to be able to level more than 3 characters is going to be a pain in the rear end to do multiple times.

By the time you actually need to worry about that, you'll have a fist user that can knock gatekeepers off their gates, a dude that'll have a 10 square move distance and can go through units, and you'll be getting 5000 mana every time you clear a map to grind out levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

I'm right up to what I assume is 2 or 3 maps away from the end of the Final Episode, maxed out the Customer Rank and everything. I'm still at a loss regarding the Evil Symbols. I don't know if I want to overlap as many Areas as I can, spread them out as much as I can, focus on overlapping L panels, whether certain characters need to be in certain arrangements in certain symbols, whether the Shoe Lab is ever worth using...it's complicated as gently caress.

For example, I decided to make the leader symbols for the Mana Pyramid and the Training Grounds overlap, so that the unit that fucks up the most enemies manages to distribute as much extra Mana and EXP as possible. That seems like a sensible setup, but I can't quite figure anything out for the other symbols. I also don't know how you're supposed to get everyone where you want them AND have them be next to people they commonly fight against...

Any tips in this regard? Does the size of your army/number of deputies matter? More people = more areas filled? Is it ever helpful to have a large amount of units, anyway? Cause I've had a lot more success with a smaller group, just as I expected. But I also want to unlock all of the class intro movies cause they're funny :downs:

Edit: Oh yeah, and does the square you're on ever matter? With how they match up to story maps and everything? Cause they don't seem to do anything outside of Rosen Queen.

As I remember, the leader positions for those don't actually work that way. All characters in an evil symbol's area receive the same benefit, so the leader will get mana from the mana pyramid if one of the subordinates kills something. Rather, the leader of an evil symbol gets an additional amount of stats from each of their subordinates.

• Locked thread