Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

DrManiac posted:

ZHP is literally my favorite psp game and Nis game. Speaking of which, did they every say anything about a NA localization of the ps3 spiritual successor?

They actually said that it is confirmed for localization under the name the Guided Fate paradox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
The opening for Disgaea D2 has been posted and it has apperently given us the identity of the mysterious angel girl.

Apparently its Flonne.

here is a link to the opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiL-lfDFczo

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
The first DLC has been revealed as well. It will be Fuka and Desco,and it will be free at launch for a limited time. While it doesn't seem to be a scenario it seems they will be able to walk around the castle and talk to the other characters like Laharl, Etna and Flonne are able to do.

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/611/611729/

This just seems to scream that they have something planned for those two.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
A new video that Shows off about 15 minutes of the game is out here is the link.

15 minutes of Disgaea D2

The prinnies special move is really reminiscent of bomberman.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Well when you create characters you can chose a weapon for them to specialize in giving you the ability to raise it from something like a B to an A or C to B. I would say that this probably stacks with reincarnations so you'll probably be able to do the same for Story Characters when they reincarnate.

On another note has there been any word that classes will still have thier class specific moves? That was a major improvement from Absence of Detention and I really hope they kept it.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Well was looking around for more information on DD2 and the characters specials and I found this.

Laharls 4th special

This really makes me wonder about the other characters.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Have you tried talking to them in the base, from what I've seen in some videos when you talk to them in the base it increases your relationship.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
That honestly looks more like a male character than a female one I'm pretty sure the only reason it looks like he has breast is because of the way the jacket is drawn.

On more important stuff. I'm actually excited for this disgaea. I'm really hoping that the story won't be end up like D4's where its good in the beginning and middle but ends up jumping the shark once it hits the final chapters.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

Her upper body pose doesn't look a sitting pose to me, and the top she's wearing is the same or very close to the same color as the prinny part. The series has also done prinny-themed clothing before, see Fuka. I could be wrong though, since the only image we have is a shot from behind with her in the background. Hopefully NIS releases more pictures soon to be sure.

Doubtful, you can see that the prinny actually covers up a bit of the white fringe on the bottom of her top and her hand. Also if it was supposed to be prinny themed then they would have gone with blue not the yellow that they are going with. In addition to that the prinny's eyes look different from the usual eyes that prinnies and prinny themed stuff have. And honestly the prinny itself looks to unique to be part of her dress with its different fanny pack and the way that it is actually tied around the prinny. Plus why would they have the beak be at that specific height and location for a girl?

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Really I'm just trying to decide if I should skip DD2. The post game in DD2 looks pretty bad though even with the cheat shop mechanics. I just saw the 250 reincarnation requirements in the post game sticky over at GFaqs and kind of whimpered.

Actually you only need the 250 reincarnations if you are going up against Baal. Other than that DD2's post-games' biggest flaw is that there really isn't a whole lot to do. Honestly D4's post-game is a lot more tedious you still need the 250 reincarnations, and they didn't really improve on the Chara-worlds flaws, the whole destructible environments in Chara-world is really tedious and the amount of aptitude points that you can get are still capped at 8 plus whatever the floor ten boss is worth. Also unlike with DD2 in D4 you have to first level to at least level 80 then, do 6 character world runs, then level all the way up to level 9999, then reincarnate, where as with DD2 you just have complete maps with the characters that you want to perfect in the weapon assembly room, in addition all classes get the +# aptitude when the reincarnate, 5 for story characters and 1 for generic capping out at 25. Also DD2 got rid of the whole numbers rarity thing and allowed you to turn any equipment into a legendary equipment so you didn't have to constantly search for weapons with a rarity of 0 in order to get the rarity bonus they just all had to be matching rarity so all rare or all legendary, and with being able to make any equipment legendary equipment it was really easy to do. They also made it a lot easier to perfect equipment as well since you didn't need to constantly be on the look out for level spheres, and could continuously re-enter an item to level it up to the max level. There were other improvements but honestly DD2's post-game was a lot more enjoyable and easier to complete than any other Disgaea post-game, especially D4's without the Rosenqueen glitch.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Zetta and Pram.

Don't forget Petta as well.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

HGH posted:

Gives a different meaning to "Peta level spells" eh.
Not really but I just had to say that. So what's her deal again?

Petta is Zetta and Salomes' daughter from the future.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I've got a Disgaea itch to scratch, and I've just about given up on Dark Hero Days now that I'm expected to go through the Item World a billion loving times for felonies. I'm considering picking up one of the Vita games, is there a difference between the two besides the Cheat Shop and that D4 comes after D3? I think I heard something about D3 having a better story, and D4 having better gameplay.

Honestly if I had to recommend either D3V or D4V on story I would say go with D3. However since gameplay is more important than story in these games and DD2V hasn't been released yet I have to say go with D4V. However something to note about D4's story is that while the first 2/3's of the games story is enjoyable the last third falls apart and the story devolves into a generic humans are irredeemably evil tract, it is also not helped that the reasons they say humans are evil comes across as hypocritical and self-righteous. Also aside from one character none of the characters in D4 ever actually grew or developed, especially one character that really is just one note over and over.

But I've found both enjoyable, although I enjoyed D3V a bit more since it honestly felt like it had more new content then D4V. If you can I would recommend renting them or watching both games stories and make your decision from there but if you just have to buy one I would recommend D4V even with the horrible last third of the story.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: That aside post game question for D4

Seeing as everything seems to up and changed I'm actually lost on what I should be doing for once. I just power leveled through the postlude: Part 1 (Asagi) but what I should do now is apparently a lot different if I have any hopes of getting stronger?

Hmm... if you are at that point my advice to you would be to get a puppy paw stick, a statician, make a battle suit and then start duping. One of the best improvements that they made in this version of the game was that Battle Suits have a class skill that turns them neutral allowing you to dupe off of them. Also start preparing for the land of carnage, and start leveling a thief you'll need one to steal the best equipment, also don't forget that you can steal a legendary yoshitsuna off of Zetta that will give you a kick start in getting the best equipment, oh and you can also just use the retry instead of going to the title screen if Zetta doesn't have a legendary yoshitsuna. You should also select the characters you are going to perfect and start doing character world runs for them, I would recommend just doing two, playing this game shattered my nostalgia goggles concerning charaworld and reminded me of just how much of a slog it is to max out apptitudes.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, they wouldn't keep it in the vita version. Also main reason people hate it is become you'd have to get chara world clones to show up which itself is like a 5-10% chance per entire run, then you only have a 10% chance at duping what you want and just thank god it's different now.

Just need to find a nekomata then I guess, and I forgot what are the new Meowkin pirate floors they show up at?

From what I remember hearing they are supposed to show up starting at floor 21+ now.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Reincarnating is fine as long as you have the mana to go for genius. Each time you do it your bonus points to allocation increase (and those mean alot) so doing it often when you have a good way to level up is fine, though it's usually suggested to wait till you have staticians or a easy way to level up fast.

Character World lets you do 6 (if you do genius) runs which raise the natural aptitude of the characters as well, so at the end of the game you'll want to reincarnate, do your chara world runs, then repeat. It's not too complicated.

That aside, question regarding the postlude. I just beat the stuffing out of Zetta (after like a hundred resets best I could get is a rare sword from him) and realized poo poo I didn't get the prinny suit off X. Will I have that chance again later? It's... not even that good but I kinda want it for my item list.

Yeah but you will have to do a NG+.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Disgaea 5 has been announced, and it seems like it will be released in 2015.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Regarding items: Aside from what was pretty much said you should begin upgrading weapons only. You'll know you've hit the peak of what you can get when you see money fists show up as they're the final fist item you can find naturally outside of the LoC. The things you want to upgrade though are testament level gear, Zetta (second boss after Asagi) will be holding onto a item called Makai Wars that's always legendary, and ontop of his sword being ONE of the best swords in the game you're going to want to grab it and duplicate it. It can easily boost all stats plus 200000 or somesuch when it's fully powered.

Edit: If you want a example of what Makai Wars can do for you,

Actually I wouldn't really waste time with Makai Wars. The best armor in the game that you want is the Invincible Armor. The invincible armor comes with high stats in all categories and 2 Mov and 30 Jump. Also since it is legendary you can actually increase its move to 8 using the six bills that you get when you go down the Item Boost route. Also don't bother with the stat boosting bills. There is a trick where you can kill item gods infinitely to max out all stats on a item, however you will need a lot of gencies to pull it off, if I remember correctly you will need 215 gencies, but since you can dupe easily it is well worth it.

Here is a small sample,

This is without having used the infinite item god kills trick to max out all stats.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
I believe that once you beat baal the first time you get the ability to buy gencies from the shop, although the cost a lot of money.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Some more details on Disgaea 5 have been revealed.

Also there is going to be a demo released soon. This makes me wonder just how close the game is to being finished if they can release a demo so soon.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

5er posted:

I know most of you guys loving hate the idea, but if Pokemon can make the leap to 3d rendered units, I think Disgaea could.

Maybe for a side game but definitely not for the Disgaea franchise. NIS isn't really that good with 3d models, and it just doesn't seem like it would fit for Disgaea.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
A new picture of Disgaea 5 has apparently surfaced. It shows the 3 characters that were recently talked about.

I thought it wasn't real because of the length of the rabbit girls hair but it really is that short.

However with this we get a look at Kiria the main character, Seraphine the girl with pink hair and the butterfly hair-clip, and Usaria the girl riding on the strange prinny.

Hmm... judging by the way they have him standing I think the main character uses fists this time.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
More scans of Disgaea 5 have surfaced.

From what the scans show the main character will indeed use fists as his main weapon. Also the Seraphine the girl with the pink hair, looks like she will be using guns. Usaria also seems too be a monster type unit.

Also it appears that weapon mastery is going to make a comeback as well however it seems as though books will not be making a return. Also witch, male healer from DD2, Nekomata, Warrior, Archer, Slimes, Orc, Eringy, Alurane, Theif, and Minotaur are coming back as well. Two new classes appear to be shown, a Zombie Maid, and a new flying type class.

Scan also shows that there is a new Revenge mechanic. Also that they are using some of DD2s upgraded interface layout.

I'm honestly liking all of the designs that have have been shown so far a lot more than I did for D4s.

megamariox fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 3, 2014

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Another article that sheds some more light on Disgaea 5 has gone up.

Apparently Void Dark is a Demon Emperor who is devastating multiple netherworlds, and has an army known as "the lost" that has about one million members.
The overlords of those netherworlds are angry and planning on taking their revenge end up banding together. Disgaea 5 is stated to take place across multiple netherwords.

More details on the characters have also surfaced.

Kiria, the main character is a demon that has power rivaling a proper overlord in his body and is intent on taking revenge on Dark Void, leading him to set out to traveling the netherworlds.

Seraphine is a princess who ran away from a political marriage who has no fear of the lost.

Ursia is a girl who is cursed to go beserk if she doesn't eat curry and is the heir to the rabbit underworld where demons that don't like fighting go.

Some more details about the system have also come out. Apparently there is a new revenge system where when a unit falls the surviving characters become angry and a revenge text pops up. Also a new type of special attack has been revealed they are called maougis, I wonder if they will be anything similar to the mystic arts from the tales series.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Do you have the Item radar. If I remember correctly if you have it placed on your campain map and have it filled it is supposed to increase the odds of pirates and events happening in the item world.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mostly just the events you pass bills for. Starts with Axel, goes to Flonne, and so on so forth. Further along you go more points you get.

Also you need to defeat prinny Kurtis as well for the last bit of cheat points.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
So checked out a bit more information and apparently the Job skills from the portable games are going to be in this game by default.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

What's that new monster at the top right? Has its class name been revealed yet?

The name of that class is imp.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Weapon mastery won't be that big of a problem, the cheat shop will be coming back as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Well I've seen it before but it hasn't been posted here so it should be good. I like how it shows that skill boosting increases the base power of the skill rather than just a percentage increase. I'll be nice to take a move from rank E to A. Also apparently skills now go from G to S in terms of power ranking.

• Locked thread