Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

What do you mean it's not done!?
Disgaea D2 trophy list from JP site, sources originally from 2ch. Similar trophies as D4, collect all items (grade doesn't matter), watch animations for all special moves, etc.

Lots of postgame cameo spoilers
http://exophase.com/game/%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2-d2-ps3/trophies/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

Picked up Disgaea D2 today and just started chapter 2. A lot of quality-of-life changes so far.

The cheat shop is really cool, players can adjust exp/mana/hell/mastery gain rates by lowering one value and raising the other. Like here I lowered exp gain from 100% down to 90% and raised hell and weapon mastery rates to 105%

Monster ranks can also be adjusted without passing those silly stronger/weaker enemy bills

They also made diagonal throws a lot easier

Can't say much about the difficult since I only cleared chapter 1. But so far it looks like all items bought from NPC shops do not come with innocents. Getting innocents may come down to stealing from enemies or breaking treasure chests.

Will report back once I get more hours into the game.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

Had some more playtime with DD2, there are a lot of changes:

• Characters can change their innate evility/passive based on their personality/voice. An example of thief
    here:

Lucky Finger - Increase item rank by 3 when breaking treasure chests

Gold Finger - 100% more HL from defeating enemies

Treasure Sensor - Defeated enemies always drop chests

• All characters can counter skills and spells if they're in range

• Master & Pupil relation can be changed anytime at the homebase. Pupil no longer needs to stand right next to master to use master's skills in battle.

• Item rarity numbers (0~255) are gone, there are just common, rare, legendary quality now. No more hunting for 0~7 legendaries trying to match their rarity numbers.

• Item World (now known as Item Sea in DD2) bills can be passed right before entering first floor and it uses HL instead of mana. There are also chances of automatically entering mystery gates when advancing Item Sea floors as mystery gates don't normally spawn anymore.

• Game Over boots the player back to town instead of the main menu

• Magichange system appears to have been replaced by the mount system.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

Hunter Noventa posted:

If guns still fire in a straight line you'll be fine with spears, bows and magic. But yeah, fighting against bows will be the worst.

Is there a turn limit on riding monsters like there is with Magichange? How does riding a monster affect stats? What happens when a monster/rider pair takes damage?

No turn limits on riding as far as I can tell. While mounted, you'll be using the monster's HP/DEF/RES/Movement. Attacking while mounted uses humanoid's offensive stats and range if it's normal attack. Can't use weapon skills while mounted, but the humanoid can still cast spells.

Killing blow on mount will only kills the monster, humanoid will remain on the field afterwards.

They also nerfed guns a bit according to in-game tips. Gun damage scales with distance, so it deals more damage up close and less damage far away. But supposedly there is 3x3 gun skill now to make up for it.

On another note, active inventory limit is gone, it's like having access to storage all the time, even in battle.

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Without spoiling much; hows the actual plot so far?

Most of the plot revolves around the new characters Sicily, who claims to be Laharl's sister and follows the gang around as they do the usual overlord stuff. Optional cameo stages are showing up as early as chapter 6, which is quite surprising.

Last Celebration posted:

Do the generic human units still learn unique attacks like they did in the Vita port of Disgaea 3?

I haven't played the vita port yet, so I'm not certain. But humanoids seem very close to their D4 counterparts overall. I noticed thieves have built-in stealing skill with range that scales with skill level (5 range at skill lv 7).

Wrist Watch posted:

Do you have a gun user to see how bad the drop off is? That could be ignorable or nearly crippling depending on how severe it is.

It wasn't noticeable at all, I wasn't aware there was a damage drop-off until I've read the in-game info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown_PC
Oct 9, 2002

yellowcar posted:

Seems like you still gotta grind out three separate mages to unlock the star element I see.

Combined lv 80 of those mages will unlock star element. Aside from reincarnation, they also added promotion in DD2, which doesn't reset your character level (no bonus stats) and let you rank up your class.

I finally hit the postgame for DD2, there are some nice stuff. For one, Shura/LoC unlocks instantly and can be toggled on/off at the cheat shop.

The new Item Sea also allows upgrading of item quality now. Going through 30 floors of a common item will upgrade it to rare retaining its stats and item level. The new rare item starts at Item Sea floor 1 again. If you manage to clear 60 floors of rare item, it becomes a legendary.

There is also a gacha/gambling machine near the shop NPC that rolls up to rank 26 items or so. With how easy it is to bribe the dark assembly thanks to the new inventory limit, it's quite broken to pass military funds early for millions of HL. And this can be done as early as chapter 4.

• Locked thread