Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
As far as getting Face XP goes, I'm pretty sure you also get a small amount of it whenever you fill up the Face bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
The cops thanking you for flagging a random bystander for arrest is a rare result, most of the time they just say that they got the wrong suspect and make you do the arrest again assuming it was done during a drug deal.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
For future reference, you can also ram straight forward instead of trying to do it from the side.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
The first Cop upgrade you got was Action Dismount which lets you leap out of cars when you're armed in slow motion and do cool stuff when shooting at other cars that way, not an upgrade that lets you disarm people more easily which I'm not even sure exists.

The shoulder tackle when armed with an assault rifle is not a counter, it's the basic melee attack: all counters when armed with either guns or melee weapons become dodges instead.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 23, 2013

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Driving around with the siren on doesn't make cars get out of your way per se, but every car in a certain radius stops when you drive close to them.

Another great thing about Surprise Exchange is that you can follow it up with instant knockdown which you can do by doubletapping grab when behind someone.

You can also fail the karaoke segment if you get a really low score doing it and get a funny failure message out of it, and you should also try doing a jumpkick on a hostile target when armed with a handgun, although I'm not entirely sure if the alternate attack only works when you get the slowmo followup upgrade.

On the other hand, I don't recall being able to disarm cops, any attempts to do so just ended with me either being pushed away or handcuffed, maybe they added that option in one of the updates.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 26, 2013

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Chocolate Donuts posted:

I'm at work on my phone, so I can't really respond to everything I want to right now, but I can say that as far as I remember it's something like the cop has to have his weapon out and be off guard- this might include firing at you, and definitely means while they're staggering from an attack. That's just what I remember, mind.

Yeah, I gave it another try earlier and it seems to work as it should now, their handcuffing grabs tend to have too much priority.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Onean posted:

I really hope you show off the Wing Chun Master outfit, along with the special combos it gives.

What would those be? Every wiki, website and FAQ seems to make it a point to be as halfassed as possible when it comes to actually listing any new features any outfits might have that's not outright listed as a set bonus, the only one I know about that I don't have myself is that one of them has a rapid punch combo as a replacement for the jumping spinkick.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
That's the one thing I hate the most about the story DLC, both of them screw you out of random upgrades even if everyone would've gotten them in the main game ages ago.

At least most of the unique gameplay features in Snake carry over into the main game one way or another, but all of the fun stuff in Nightmare is restricted to it even if it does make sense.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Most of the Sun Wukong outfit's staff attacks can be chained together and it also replaces the initial high kick heavy attack with a thrust.

The full altered movelist is somewhere along these lines:

L,L,L,H,L
L,L,L,L,H
L,L,L,H,H
H,L,L
H,L,H
H,H,L
H,H,H

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
I'm not really convinced of Wei's doctor skills based on this, he's a lot more convincing when he's demonstrating his impromptu chiropratic skills on everyone by realigning their spines against the backs of those numerous sofas.

• Locked thread