Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010

JossiRossi posted:

This is an interesting thing, the idea that a person is more likely to want to play a game through to the end if they paid for it. Would a game that costs more be higher on someone's priority to play and beat? I have a ton of Indy games from bundles that I don't really feel all that attached to. Some of them because I genuinely had no interest, I just wanted one of the games in said Bundle. However, would a person's desire to stick with the same game change based on the purchase price? If Sleeping Dogs cost 5 dollars, would fewer people complete it?

If Steam would just release some drat statistics maybe we could track that kind of thing. I'd love to see the totals for game play time compared to those that pay full price, versus those that buy during a sale.

Some people will play a game until the feel they "Got their moneys worth out of it" then never touch it again. From that perspective a 60 dollar game will probably be finished but free or super cheap ones barely touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread