Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I loving love Sleeping Dogs. GTA4 was too glum for me to like, and Saints Row 3 too over the top. Sleeping Dogs slid beautifully into the gap as a fun brainless romp with a comfortably-sized world full of atmosphere and it's easily one of my favourite games. I think the only time I found it awkward was when it was indulging in its habit of assuming things took place offscreen - a couple times characters will often mention or imply that things happened previously that you never caught the first glimpse of, and you kind of have to go 'oh okay' and roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Another Person posted:

Drive like a maniac with no regard for life and cut nothing.

Preferably while on a bike and taking as many of the tiny alleyway shortcuts as possible. Or trying to, at least, walls be damned.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Emong posted:

Pretty sure that replaying mission via the Social Hub will give you EXP so you can just do that if you don't want to buy any DLC.

I'm pretty sure that replaying a mission from the Social Hub will only give you the XP for any improvement to your score you managed to make - no improvement, no extra XP. That said, I'm pretty sure I maxed out Triad in the end without DLC, though it did take easily the longest of all the types.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, the whole 'bugging the phone' mission is definitely one of those times when I think they're trying to clumsily imply a whole lot more time has passed than the player is actually seeing. You've never met the mook who tells you about the mission, and how would the mook know Wei's going out with this girl he danced with once in a club? It all makes a lot more sense if you assume Wei's been spending time with her offscreen.

There's another girlfriend mission coming up sometime that does roughly the same drat thing, I think, and at least a couple story missions where that explanation would clear up the odd question like 'when the hell did X happen'.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Shows how much time I spent on that mission. :downs:

Even then, I think the rest of it holds. When Calvin first shows up, for instance, he's talking to you like you're best buddies. I didn't know who the guy was, I just figured the player was supposed to go 'oh Wei's been making nice with everyone in the background. Cool.'

• Locked thread