Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm kinda.....done with the band stuff. It's funny enough, but I'm tired of music man and I want him to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I really thought he was going to

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've forgotten why they're doing this band thing other than it having something to do with changing the future.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

I've forgotten why they're doing this band thing other than it having something to do with changing the future.

Basically, the attempts in the original timeline to create Rocksion lead to genetic engineering, which lead to Hina and the other psychic superweapons, which lead to World War III, which broke Nitta's vases.

Successful Rocksion, by contrast, will lead to Nitta's vases surviving, which is the most important thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

holy

poo poo

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Nitta's disdain for the spheres will never not be funny to me.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Yawgmoft posted:

I really thought he was going to

yeah, not gonna lie, when he really started speeding up i though "huh, i guess that's one way to change the future"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm betting the future will be mostly the same except without WW3

And the vases are still going to break

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yeah, not gonna lie, when he really started speeding up i though "huh, i guess that's one way to change the future"

It would've been a pretty dark punchline, but that's what I was expecting and... he's not a particularly beloved character or anything.

Definitely need to add this to my list of killer comebacks though:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

New chapter, says there will be a new chapter but it really feels like the manga could have ended here.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
And here's that new chapter

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hina's going to actually work for a living?

So much for them preventing the end of the world.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

One chapter to go.

I'm gonna miss these weirdos so much.:cry:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mary Annette posted:

One chapter to go.

I'm gonna miss these weirdos so much.:cry:

I hope this is next chapter's closing message - "Thank you for sticking with me throughout the run of Hinamatsuri. Please join me as well when Anzumatsuri starts serialization next month onwards!"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my one wish is for utako to be happy :sweatdrop:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hina continues to (slowly) grow as a person. By the time she's out of college, she might be able to sit through a class without passing out. Maybe.

At any rate, she's got friends, she's got hobbies, and she's at least going forward in her life, however much she sleeps through it. Pretty impressive considering what she was like at the start of the manga.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Making me wait for the final chapter to find out what happened to Anzu...

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 100

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nitta reacting to Anzu is me

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scum to the end.

Sasuga, Hina.

I'm gonna miss this manga.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Truly the end of an era.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Truly the end of an era.

Apparently the last collection is going to have a bit more epilogue as bonus content in August.

One last sip before the well is dry.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's been a hell of a ride, fellas. What a phenomenal series.

I do kinda wish we saw Hina actually trying to date someone though. Maybe the omake will have those shenanigans in there somewhere.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Apparently the last collection is going to have a bit more epilogue as bonus content in August.

One last sip before the well is dry.

Then I'm not gonna say goodbye just yet.

The cut from Nitta and Anzu's parents weeping tears of love and pride to Sabu playing on his phone was :discourse:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm going to be sad to see this go when the omake comes out, but this was such a wonderful little series. Became absolutely way more than I was expecting it to be back at the start.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Hinamatsuri has been my favorite ongoing comedy manga for years now. Both sad and happy to see it end, and looking forward to the author's next work for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the final words.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/993793

what a wonderful series and I'm glad it ended strongly. :unsmith:

so successful she would even take over other character's storylines and only the editor could stop her

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I didn't expect to see Oh My Sweet Alien crossover art in there, now I'm sad. :smith:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

the final words.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/993793

what a wonderful series and I'm glad it ended strongly. :unsmith:

so successful she would even take over other character's storylines and only the editor could stop her

Note the "at first".

As in, by the end, even the editor couldn't stop her. And then plotlines for other characters started to get torpedoed in bulk.

Hitomi is too powerful, and I fear that not even ending the manga will stop her for long. One day, she's just going to show up in One Piece as the new head of the world government or something, and then it will be too late for all of us.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hitomi was so powerful she defied fate (becoming Kei) and forged a new path.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao at the salt and shade getting thrown at how many Mami stories got rejected.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Jeez, Hinamatsuri ran 10 years?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kibibit posted:

Jeez, Hinamatsuri ran 10 years?

Just about, yeah.

Started in 2010, ended in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Captain Invictus posted:

I didn't expect to see Oh My Sweet Alien crossover art in there, now I'm sad. :smith:

oh my sweet alien and otoymegatari are excellent choices for crossover art. not in a thematic sense by any stretch, but the quality of both series is great