Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
I feel so happy for Anzu now. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tonberrytoby posted:

A chapter with character development for Hina and then one for Anzu....

I am just impressed how there are so different but so amazingly deep characters in the same manga. Most stories don't even manage one.

Can you really call it character development if she reverts at the end of the chapter?

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
That Anzu chapter seems like one I'll never forget.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
I'm not sure why but that Chapter 21 really creeped me out up to the dramatic ending.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I want to say that I am a bit disappointed at the deus ex machina way Anzu's arc was resolved, but I'll be damned if I didn't admit that I am happy that everything turned out alright for her :unsmith:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:stare: Chapter 21

We have no idea the long term effects of this on hina, we could get chapters of creepy face out of this at the best times

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Good god, they are just blasting out the chapters.

Hinamatsuri 23

EDIT: Anzowns.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 4, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtomikKrab posted:

:stare: Chapter 21

We have no idea the long term effects of this on hina, we could get chapters of creepy face out of this at the best times

At least it's not being totally forgotten about - Nitta still has nightmares about it in Chapter 23 - http://www.batoto.net/read/_/169095/hinamatsuri_v5_ch23v0_by_no-group/12

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the telekinesis will ever be relevant again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even though Nitta washed and ruined Anzu's transport device, Hina's is still fine as far as I know. Anzu could have gone back at any time if Hina cared enough to think about it. I dunno if that will ever come up, though.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Even though Nitta washed and ruined Anzu's transport device, Hina's is still fine as far as I know. Anzu could have gone back at any time if Hina cared enough to think about it. I dunno if that will ever come up, though.

If anything, Hina is probably entirely aware of this fact.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain McStabbin posted:

If anything, Hina is probably entirely aware of this fact.

Hina isn't malicious or devious. She is a terrible person, but not in that particular way.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Hina is not exactly known for taking initiative. It's probably due to sheer laziness and apathy that she doesn't mention it to Anzu, rather than maliciousness.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Looks like we got some more prove that Hina and Anzu grew up together.

Maybe Hina will remember that she could have sent Anzu back, once Anzu got used to those Grandparents and wants to live there happily ever after.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I feel like we can finally stop using the unsmith emoticon for Anzu's chapters.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
And boom, another chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/169163/hinamatsuri_v5_ch24v0_by_no-group

It's great how I was still cracking up at the whole thing despite the joke being revealed around halfway or so.

I also loved how in chapter 23, the two foster parents keep getting crippled with sadness whenever Anzu expresses wonder at stuff like affordable electricity or relays a fact from her former life as a homeless person. It manages to be both :unsmith: and funny as hell at the same time.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 4, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

And another!

The student has become the master.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

toasterwarrior posted:

And boom, another chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/169163/hinamatsuri_v5_ch24v0_by_no-group

It's great how I was still cracking up at the whole thing despite the joke being revealed around halfway or so.

I also loved how in chapter 23, the two foster parents keep getting crippled with sadness whenever Anzu expresses wonder at stuff like affordable electricity or relays a fact from her former life as a homeless person. It manages to be both :unsmith: and funny as hell at the same time.

The "OHFUCK" panel is incredible. That expression. :allears:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
With all these releases, can we... can we call it a Hinamatsurimasturi?

I'm so sorry. :cripes:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Nitta's sentimental yakuza buddies.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Begemot posted:

I love Nitta's sentimental yakuza buddies.

They are so incredibly sentimental. I can't imagine they're very good at being Yakuza.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The only remotely competent person they had at being yakuza was Nitta's sister, and they just kicked her out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think this was posted: Chapter 21.5. Worth reading before you read the newly released Chapter 25.

Oh man, Nitta :smith:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

That's our girl. :rolleyes:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think this was posted: Chapter 21.5. Worth reading before you read the newly released Chapter 25.

Oh man, Nitta :smith:

I love the way that Hitomi has just completely usurped the bar.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Hitomi truly is the best kid in this series. :allears: Last panel is the best look of disapproval for Hina so far

JosephWongKS posted:

It is not like Utako can do anything in the bar, all the customers prefer Hitomi greatly over her.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

JosephWongKS posted:

The best part is how completely blunt everybody is about it.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Chapter 26, in which nobody takes kidnapping seriously.

Also, interesting bit of continuity: Hina's leg is still in a cast after last chapter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kleptobot posted:

Chapter 26, in which nobody takes kidnapping seriously.

Also, interesting bit of continuity: Hina's leg is still in a cast after last chapter.

Well she is a telekinetic killing machine of some kind... but ahahah her leg.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm torn between wanting a follow-up chapter, or for things to be completely back to normal by the next chapter with no explanation.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I'm torn between wanting a follow-up chapter, or for things to be completely back to normal by the next chapter with no explanation.

Really gonna be disappointed if there's no follow-through on the top 5 foods list thing.

1. Salmon Roe
2. (tie) Everything Else

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Really gonna be disappointed if there's no follow-through on the top 5 foods list thing.

1. Salmon Roe
2. (tie) Everything Else

Now I have to reread the whole series to check, if she ever commented on different food.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
Speaking of rereading the entire series, most of the earlier chapters seem to be slightly cleaned up. The translation is still pretty janky, but at least it isn't all in complete pigeon english anymore.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Stepping back in time for a bit, here's Chapter 18.

Is Sabu ready to join the 'side-characters who own' club yet?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mary Annette posted:

Stepping back in time for a bit, here's Chapter 18.

Is Sabu ready to join the 'side-characters who own' club yet?

I think he is, yes.

This entire chapter is amazing, probably the best one in the whole series so far. We also get the answer to Hina's second favorite food - Manju!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 27

Another power user? Different entry method, though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This is getting interested

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man, it had been so long since she'd used them, I'd almost forgotten that Hina had psychokinetic powers

I wonder how this potentially serious sci-fi situation will be defused :ohdear:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hinamatsuri/Vol-006-Ch-028--And-Hina-Acts-As-Usual?id=17
Looks like the new character actually knows Hina.
The expectations they have of her are just so fitting. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kissmanga link is missing some pages: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/188747/hinamatsuri_v6_ch28_by_norway-scan/1