Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was everything I could have hoped for, truly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I kind of wanted her to still be working as a bartender for inexplicable reasons, but this is good too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Twiddy posted:

I kind of wanted her to still be working as a bartender for inexplicable reasons, but this is good too.

For all we know, she still is.

Also this chapter, motherfucker that was tense.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
This ISIS poo poo is getting out of hand, we should send Hitomi down there to sort it out

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Now to watch Hitomi's continued ascension. Today, company president. Tomorrow, prime minister!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hopefully Anzu will be the focus of the next chapter, only she has a strangely normal life in every way.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hopefully Anzu will be the focus of the next chapter, only she has a strangely normal life in every way.
Anzu is living a happy life and is a good and diligent daughter to her adoptive parents.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I see someone is setting up the death flags nice and powerful.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I love the mother-daughter understanding in this chapter :allears:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

the new chapter is amazing. it's even better than i thought the first hitomi timeskip chapter would be

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
The new chapter is wonderful, though I found it kinda weird that Hitomi's mom looks as young as Hitomi in this scene. I didn't notice it was her until the context of the conversation.

Can't wait for Anzu's chapter.

L-O-N fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 11, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Aren't we a few chapters behind? This has been being done since early 2010. I have to imagine we're at least a handful behind still, given for breaks.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Aren't we a few chapters behind? This has been being done since early 2010. I have to imagine we're at least a handful behind still, given for breaks.

No, it is caught up with the latest chapter of the japanese raws. Though the next chapter should be released any day now. It is a monthly manga.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 51, and it's a doozy. loving :lol:

:ocelot:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

You know, every time I end up thinking it's literally impossible for Hina to be an even surlier teenager she ends up proving me wrong. I have no idea why I still haven't learned my lesson yet. Man, that's some good faces this chapter.

Jostiband fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 23, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Well, I'm glad that Ikaruga found happiness. :unsmith:

Also, I love how despite all that, Mao is still a slightly insane person who talks to dolls and moves them with her mind. It's amazing how despite being an esper manga, we haven't really seen displays of esper powers in dozens of chapters!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nate RFB posted:

Chapter 51, and it's a doozy. loving :lol:

:ocelot:
oh my god

these developments are positively scandalous :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DrSunshine posted:

Well, I'm glad that Ikaruga found happiness. :unsmith:

Oh yeah she did. :pervert:

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
What happened to her dog? WHY IS THE DOG NOT THERE ANYMORE? Did she give in and eat him :ohdear:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I like how you can see the bar owner crying because now she actually has to work hard.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

What happened to her dog? WHY IS THE DOG NOT THERE ANYMORE? Did she give in and eat him :ohdear:

The dog is probably at home. Where you normally keep dogs.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Confirmed that Hitomi no longer works at the bar, RIP.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, the other world has completely given up on retrieving its espers I guess. That was the last source of conflict left!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I seriously never would have expected Hina to develop enough social skills to hold a job. She didn't even initiate all the weirdness.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hina's grown a lot.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The text at the end of the chapter says that next one is an Anzu chapter hell yes

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The text at the end of the chapter says that next one is an Anzu chapter hell yes
Yeah the chapter was good but this was by far my favorite thing about it :woop:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I love that, after the timeskip, Hina's just as disaffected as she was as a child, but you can tell she really has poo poo figured out.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Anzu's great but I'm not sure about the appellation of "ideal daughter". Wouldn't that fit Hitomi better? After all, she's already single-handedly supporting her entire family while being a full-time student at the age of 15. She's also gone to extreme lengths to maintain her father's dignity and avoid causing embarrassment to him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

Anzu's great but I'm not sure about the appellation of "ideal daughter". Wouldn't that fit Hitomi better? After all, she's already single-handedly supporting her entire family while being a full-time student at the age of 15. She's also gone to extreme lengths to maintain her father's dignity and avoid causing embarrassment to him.

I dunno, you ask Nitta who'd he'd prefer to have as his daughter between the lazy Hina, the overachieving terrifying god-like ace child Hitomi, and the diligent and generous Anzu and he'd probably pick Anzu 10 times out of 1.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's finally here, chapter 53. Arise from your slumber, thread.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Anzu is a good girl.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Anzu is a good girl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she remains a good girl even during her rebellious phase

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Oh hell yes more Hinamatsuri! I'm so glad another group picked this up, even if the scans are a bit dirtier.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Anzu is a good girl.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Every Anzu chapter makes you appreciate her more.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god. Over the weekend, I was wondering what had happened to Hinamatsuri. I'm so unbelievably glad that it's back. :woop:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Anzu is very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Anzu is a good girl.

I never imagined how good Anzu chapters would get when she was first introduced , and I'm so glad for it.