Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love this series.

Especially how the premise is designed to be stereotypically outlandish (a yakuza adopts a psychic teenage girl!) but it's all turned on it's head. The yakuza is a middle managed and might as well have a normal office job. The teenager acts like a real teenager most of the time.

I was worried it would get too serious with the whole homelessness thing with Anzu, but it was handled wonderfully. Not whitewashing it, but also not making it out to be excessively horrible or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Nitta's sentimental yakuza buddies.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man, it had been so long since she'd used them, I'd almost forgotten that Hina had psychokinetic powers

I wonder how this potentially serious sci-fi situation will be defused :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Monsieur Mango posted:

I usually get tired of the MISUNDERSTANDING trope, but this manga has been an exception.

His yakuza buddies are just the most adorable bumbling gangsters.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Clearly Hitomi just needs to open a foreign branch and transfer her dad there. Everything will be back to normal!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This translation group has some rough edges but I can't deny, I haven't been this spoiled since I first found the series.

Also how many lovely madcatz controllers you think Nitta's gotten Hina?

It was probably that $150 xbone pro controller. Only the best for Hina.

I'm so glad this series is back :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Dan7el posted:

I just have to say I laughed my rear end off when they interfered. What a tremendous chapter. Who thinks up this kind of stuff?

Is it really all that surprising that Hina is not normal considering her background? I wish we could learn more about what it was like for her before Nitta found her.

From what the other espers have said, she's always been like that. Probably comes partly from being so powerful, though. I imagine that let her off the hook for a lot of stuff back home.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Virtue posted:

Wasn't that the entire premise of the esper thing?

Yeah, all the espers are being sent back from the future. I think the one who ended up on a desert island was actually sent to an earlier time period than Hina?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Holy poo poo, yes.

Just hope they don't ruin it like Truthism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

pointlessone posted:

I haven't been keeping up, what else is getting an anime?

Golden Kamui.