Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So I acquired two hissing roaches and I'm in love. I was wondering if it's better to use a water dish or water crystals with them. I could always also get one of those big jars of Fluker's orange cubes if need be.

Also, is there a safe way to mark them to keep track of which roach is which? I know they will shed them off, but would a silver Sharpie or a small dot of nail polish be safe? If not it really doesn't matter right now since I can tell them apart by their sex but I'd like to keep track of individual roaches when they start breeding.

I have them in a medium kritter keeper right now with a spare 5 gallon to transfer to when they start reproducing. I have found the best way to keep their temp up is to sit them on my DVR box of all things. When I had dubias they bred like crazy from sitting on that DVR.

I also bought two praying mantis egg cases to fill our garden up with lil mantises when the weather finally gets warmer. I'd keep one inside to hatch but I just have visions of tons of baby mantises escaping and taking over the house...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread