Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

So a CL ad near me advertises "rehoming" a couple tarantulas. The first one's a big Togo Starburst :stare: gorgeous but...they seem to be giant bitey teleporters, probably out of my league.

The other one is this guy:

N. chromatus, right? I've read/heard they're skittish and picky about humidity, but what do you guys think?

I realize craigslisting a couple of unID'd should sound sketchy, but I guess this many years dealing with exotics, not taking the time to put up a verbose, descriptive ad just seems normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

That sounds like seasonal or pre-molt shenanigans.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

:smith: So long story short my G. pulchra gal that I've had since 2007ish has departed.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled at reptile shows for a while and see if I can find another attractive, fairly low maintenance species to have around. Some kind of Brachy, Nhandu, or A. geniculata are probably the ones I'd like to keep most, but think it'd be cool to finally keep a larger species like an L. parahybana. I've got no way to really know in advance if keeping feeder roaches will be an option whenever they get that big, though :ohdear:

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Sir Azrael posted:

Have you tried an arboreal yet?

Big Centipede posted:

I've always been fond of Psalmopeus myself.

I've had a couple Avicularia in years long past which didn't do well- I assume meant I wasn't conscientious enough about humidity for them :( Also had a P. regalis once which was a pretty cool little dude now that I think about it.

P. irmiia are really, really pretty.

• Locked thread