Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I remember there was a previous incarnation of this thread, or something similar, which included lots of cool moths. (Silkworm moths, mostly, I think.) I quite liked it because moths are very cute (they are like butterflies but fluffy :kimchi:). But it also had links to a kind of horrifying experiment where the moth pupae were cut up then reattached or sealed up and how they developed was recorded. Like, cutting off the front half of the pupa, sealing it, and allowing it to develop and you'd end up with the front half of a moth, while the back half didn't develop at all. Or, sealing it all back together with pins and glue, and the moth would grow up and develop as normal. And the worst, reattaching the two halves with a glass tube between the halves, and the moth would develop both front and back halves but then be a kind of body horror moth golem thing lurching around with a glass tube being a third of its length. It was recorded as not being able to fly very well.

It was all pretty :stonk: and I have vivid memories of being freaked out by it but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. Has anyone got links to it or pictures of it saved? I must convince myself that I didn't dream this up!

I don't have any pictures of my own creepy crawly pets (because I don't have any, sadly; I had a giant burrowing cockroach as a kid though), but have this picture of a regular wild spider I took to convince people I live in Australia and have a hand.

e: I should probably have checked how old this thread was before posting :downs:

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Sanford in the General Animal Questions Thread found the moth photos for me! I'll post them here so everyone can see them.

They are just as creepy as I remembered.

• Locked thread