Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Should be getting tickets to see them next month as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought a clothes rack because my girlfriend has too many dresses and jackets and they don't fit in the cupboard in our bedroom any more:

And a carton of padded coat hangers (72 in a carton) so our clothes don't get all weird and misshapen while they're hanging up:

Bourbon
Sep 17, 2006

colas posted:

If you guys post pictures of musicians please tell us who they are. I somehow guessed that the top one was Nick Cave even though I don't know his work. But I'm at a loss for the other artist.

That's Sharon Van Etten, and I'm guessing the screenshot was taken from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0A26XYq0IE

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

cyberia posted:

I bought a clothes rack because my girlfriend has too many dresses and jackets and they don't fit in the cupboard in our bedroom any more:

What model is this? I've been looking for something like this, but all of the ones on Amazon are either poorly reviewed or kinda pricy.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Need details on those hangers. Are they decent sized? Like to fit a men's XL? How much for that many? A link would be good too.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sportman posted:

What model is this? I've been looking for something like this, but all of the ones on Amazon are either poorly reviewed or kinda pricy.

It's called a "parallel garment rack" and I bought it at my local Kmart (I live in Australia) for AUD30. They don't have the same model on their website but they have the budget model.

Another local store, Big W, sells a similar model and Ikea and a few other higher-end furniture / storage stores have fancier garment racks that are over $100.

As long as you don't plan on hanging a thousand shirts on a rack pretty much any of them will do, this one just snaps together with a few screws and clamps and the height and length of the poles are all adjustable and it doesn't seem like it's going to collapse or explode or anything.

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Need details on those hangers. Are they decent sized? Like to fit a men's XL? How much for that many? A link would be good too.

I haven't got them yet but I imagine they're coat hanger sized? I bought them on eBay - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160815760357 - and will take some photos when I get them to show size if you'd like? I only got them in bulk because a pack of 3 at the local Kmart is ~$10 and a carton of 72 is ~$75 so it made sense to buy in bulk.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Over the last decade I've become used to the Apple tax; but £94 for these two was a bit of a kick in the balls.

Airport Extreme

Spare iPhone cable

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What's in those, scorpions?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Spare iPhone cable

[/quote]

I haven't purchased anything Apple on here but you might want to try monoprice next time. edit - oh snap it's only a savings of like 7.00 USD, maybe more for you though.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=iphone+cable

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

280sqft. of flooring and necessary accessories (stock photo).

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

colas posted:

I haven't purchased anything Apple on here but you might want to try monoprice next time. edit - oh snap it's only a savings of like 7.00 USD, maybe more for you though.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=iphone+cable

Thank you for that - wasn't sure what the state of 3rd party Lightning cables was, and, well, was just easier to walk in and out.

(if I was less lazy I'd have researched a better value wifi extender than an airport, but there we go ;) )

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

You're going to have a difficult time smuggling those out of the country in your anus.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Just paid for a contract to build this:

2056 sqft, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Ours won't be in this color scheme and we're going to have a paver driveway and entry. Now comes 5 months of stress. :ohdear:

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Is that a white girl you just picked up? How much she charging to party?

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

echoplex posted:

Thank you for that - wasn't sure what the state of 3rd party Lightning cables was, and, well, was just easier to walk in and out.

(if I was less lazy I'd have researched a better value wifi extender than an airport, but there we go ;) )

In addition to monoprice, if you're willing to wait, I ordered a few lightning cables from DealExtreme that work perfectly well. Of course, it's always possible that they won't work, but v:shobon:v

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

dabre_aiamim posted:

Of course, it's always possible that they won't work, but v:shobon:v

It's also possible they'll arrive in October.

of 2020.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bethesda just but up shirts for Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake on their store. Grabbed this as soon as I saw it.

A PS360+, basically a replacement board for a joystick so it plays on 360s, PS3s, and PCs, which will fit nicely into

My new joystick.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I finally got my big bonus I'd been waiting on so I just blew through like $500 like it was nothing for no reason:

For my Galaxy S3. I LOVE this case and already own one but managed to drop it and chip the edge. They're only $15 so I bought two more.

First Bluray player, never had one. Has wifi, netflix, hulu, etc etc etc. Surprisingly cheap, I thought they were more expensive than they are.

and

Really excited about this. Missed it in theatres.

Also paid off some bills and fixed my truck up a little. Pretty happy right now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MindlessHavok posted:

For my Galaxy S3. I LOVE this case and already own one but managed to drop it and chip the edge. They're only $15 so I bought two more.

I'm genuinely confused. The whole point of a case is to protect the phone. If you're worried about chipping the protective case then what's the point?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bucket Joneses posted:

I'm genuinely confused. The whole point of a case is to protect the phone. If you're worried about chipping the protective case then what's the point?

It's made of wood so it's a little more fragile than a normal case. When I said 'chipped' I probably should have splintered instead. The corner is missing a chunk of the wood. Protects the phone just fine, though.

edit: It also comes from China and takes like 3 weeks to get here so I went ahead and ordered two in case I break/lose one of them.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Mar 13, 2013

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psyopmonkey posted:

Awesome Capris

My boyfriend has been going crazy trying to get a pair just like that, after the ones he got in France finally wore out. Did you get those online?

Or the brand name so we can try to find them.

kzin602 has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Mar 13, 2013

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

MindlessHavok posted:

It's made of wood so it's a little more fragile than a normal case. When I said 'chipped' I probably should have splintered instead. The corner is missing a chunk of the wood. Protects the phone just fine, though.

edit: It also comes from China and takes like 3 weeks to get here so I went ahead and ordered two in case I break/lose one of them.

AMERICA.JPG

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I like that you're giving me grief over spending an extra $15 on a phone case but didn't say anything about me buying a bluray player and movie 'just because'.

\/\/\/ Thanks, https://www.casesinthebox.com has a shitload of different phone models in styles if you want one.

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Mar 13, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MindlessHavok posted:

I like that you're giving me grief over spending an extra $15 on a phone case but didn't say anything about me buying a bluray player and movie 'just because'.

That's a sweet case. Probably lasted longer than my 4 day wonder of a $100 otterbox armor case that shredded the front gasket in my shirt pocket. I returned it and the next one did the same thing so I said gently caress it.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Cat Drugs

Canoscan 700F

Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex

Books!

Alvin Draft/Matic 0.3mm drafting pencil

Rotring 600 0.7mm drafting pencil (Greatest pencil in the world. Hopefully this one won't get stolen or broken like the last two.)

Cole Haan Air Colton Wingtip in saddle brown.

IKEA PS 2012 LED pendant lamp

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

MindlessHavok posted:

He's not giving you grief over buying a phone case in general, more that you're buying something that is supposed to protect your phone and that it broke easily.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

rockcity posted:

He's not giving you grief over buying a phone case in general, more that you're buying something that is supposed to protect your phone and that it broke easily.

v0v as long as there's no damage to the phone I'd rather break a $15 case than the $600 phone its attached to. That being said I'd rather go with something like the Otterbox Commuter case I got for my GS3 - $20 shipped from amazon and you wouldn't even know I've dropped it a handful of times in the 2 weeks I've had it.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Geoj posted:

v0v as long as there's no damage to the phone I'd rather break a $15 case than the $600 phone its attached to. That being said I'd rather go with something like the Otterbox Commuter case I got for my GS3 - $20 shipped from amazon and you wouldn't even know I've dropped it a handful of times in the 2 weeks I've had it.

Oh, I completely agree, I was just pointing out that it wasn't the $15 he was commenting on it was the fact that the thing that is supposed to protect something broke very quickly. I don't know if they make them for the S3, but I have an Acase dual layer case for my iPhone 4S and I love it. It's soft rubber case, inside of a hard plastic case with a non-slip coating. I've had it for a year now and it's still in perfect shape and so is the phone. I think I spent $8 shipped for it on Amazon.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

New job, so got myself a little treat. Now I just need to find the time and empty house to watch it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

First Bluray player, never had one. Has wifi, netflix, hulu, etc etc etc. Surprisingly cheap, I thought they were more expensive than they are.

Grab Speed Racer asap.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Bucket Joneses posted:

Seems to me like it actually serves two purposes (to protect the phone, and to look good!) because of the fact that it looks nicer than the jillions of plastic cases available.

I just bought this to have a quick way to read codes so I don't have to take the car to the shop. Also for sweet graphs and engine read outs when I'm doing burnouts, yo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants posted:

Grab Speed Racer asap.

Never seen it and heard it was kinda crap. Is it actually good or is it just pretty to look at?

sirbeefalot posted:

Seems to me like it actually serves two purposes (to protect the phone, and to look good!) because of the fact that it looks nicer than the jillions of plastic cases available.

That's exactly what it is. I don't like the look of all the plastic cases and some of them are just too big and clunky on an already big phone. This one is slim, smooth and looks nice.

I...I also like the smell of the wood.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

MindlessHavok posted:

Never seen it and heard it was kinda crap. Is it actually good or is it just pretty to look at?

It's crap in the sense that the series was always totally goofy and the movie isn't any goofier than the source material. But drat is it just SO SHINY and IN YOUR FACE that it's pretty awesome for Blu, PaganGoatPants is right.

Keep in mind that I like the movie.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I still get chills watching Speed Racer to this day. The movie is terribly underrated.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well it's only $8 on amazon and the only other bluray I'll have besides Sound City is Inception so I figure I'll need to build a library anyway.

Thanks.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

Well it's only $8 on amazon and the only other bluray I'll have besides Sound City is Inception so I figure I'll need to build a library anyway.

Thanks.

Yeah it's pretty great if you know what Speed Racer is about, and it's really sharp on Blu-ray. :swoon:

Cyriptix
Nov 19, 2004

meep
I just bought this screenprint. It's pretty boss, as I'm sure you'll agree.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah it's pretty great if you know what Speed Racer is about, and it's really sharp on Blu-ray. :swoon:

I recently bought Amelie on Blu-ray. That's a movie that really shines on blu-ray played on a nice plasma screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Laying down some new flooring this weekend and needed to rent a table saw to rip the planks. Called around and the only people who had one were Sunbelt rentals... Well the problem was they said that it was "damaged" somehow (no one seemed to remember how, it was several years ago) and that they couldn't rent it out for liability purposes. However, they were able to SELL it to me if I wanted it (it still worked). So I head down there to take a look at it. It honestly looked fine, normal wear and tear, one of the support legs on the removable stand had a dent/bend in it, but still stood straight and level. I figured that must be it. Plug it in and it instantly comes on, power switch won't cut it off. Weird. Then I notice that the power cable looks pretty new going into and out of the switch box, so I'm guessing that whoever replaced the power cable missed/switched a terminal, causing it to bypass the switch and just send power right to the motor as soon as it's plugged in. Yeah... I'd call that a liability, but definitely one that's easily fixed.

So I gave the guy $50, and got this:

Ridgid TS24121

• Locked thread