Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Cruise <3 Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes <3 Tom Cruise.
:yaycloud:
Post pictures of things you just bought [modedit: and please say what they are you silly goose]. Because everybody loves pictures. Because sometimes we like to make spontaneous buys. Because we are materialistic bastards who live vicariously through other people's purchases.

If you feel so inclined, commentary on your purchases is usually better. Words are worth a thousand pictures. [modedit: seriously at least a hint]

Don't leech images aka Google image search copy paste laziness.

http://imgur.com/ is pretty good.

Previous Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3341748

Thread Starts Here

I've read Breakfast of Champions and Slaughterhouse Five so far and I like his style.

The first two TPBs of Fatale, a noir/horror type. Pretty drat good so far.

I don't even smoke. I just like fire and playing around with something in my hand.

A common fragrance but this stuff smells amazing. Very non-offensive. Only downside is it doesn't last very long (on my skin, 3 hours maybe).

Somebody has a new favorite as of 13:32 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Livingston posted:

I got LASIK surgery on Friday. Byebye contacts and glasses!

I totally want to do this at some point in my life but I'm afraid that
1. I'll go blind.
2. I'll freak out during the surgery and flail my body around.

I just spent $80 on Bioshock Infinite and the DLC Season Pass

I absolutely love Bioshock (yes, even the second one). The way the first two presented the story not only in the plot but also in environment, atmosphere, and audio logs was captivating. I remember listening to an audio log (in the first one?) about the doctor using mind control to force a kid to kill a puppy; it made me instantly sad. But it wasn't some cheap trick to add "edginess" to the game. It added to the already very grave tone of the game and was congruent with the big reveal with Andrew Ryan.

Bioshock Infinite looks like a breath of fresh air. Not only because it is based on a city in the sky and not in the totally opposite idea of a city underwater, but the fact that it is a brand new city. Rapture was an amazing city filled with spectacle and character, but that sense of awe is a bit dulled when playing Bioshock 2. We had already been there. Columbia, however, looks to offer us the same sense of awe in a new city and no doubt new concept and character.

Also worth to mention the fantastic reviews Bioshock Infinite is getting across the board. I normally don't support DLCs and especially "season pass" deals, but Irrational Games has proven to be worth my support and money. Still, 80 bucks on a game hurts. Now if only I can find time to play it...

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

Today I splurged a little bit because tax returns came in, I bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, a new PS3 controller with a built in mini keyboard and the Sly Cooper Remastered Trilogy. So far Metal Gear is the most insane game I've played in a long time, and I love Sly Cooper and it was only 15 bucks so v:shobon:v

That keyboard's so big that it doesn't have room for the Mad Catz logo.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Warby Parker glasses should be coming in the mail any day now. Roughly $130 shipped (I have a strong prescription), not too bad. Gonna get that 1940's look. :crossarms:

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Cyril Figgus?

I just googled who that was and it looks like he has something closer to prescription Ray Ban Clubmasters

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

App13 posted:

I just picked on of these suckers:

Its a Filco Minila 60% mechanical keyboard with CherryMX Blue switches.

Man I like Filco, it's clean and simple. But that keyboard bothers me with it's layout; weird capslock, ctrl, enter, tiny shift key, a spacebar the length of my penis... oh wait what was I saying?... and WHY is that backslash there? Also I gotta have a tenkey.

Nonetheless you probably have the exact opposite opinion of me and I don't mean to degrade the worth of your purchase. Mechanical keyboards are awesome man and that keyboard looks slick, congrats!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YB70PS

I bought a $9 comb. Call me an idiot or whatnot but I was a skeptic at first, too. However, holding this thing in your hand and feeling the weight of it speaks out to you. This is no ordinary throwaway comb that you can buy a pack of 10 at the 99 cent store. This comb is handcrafted and makes you feel like you make a 6 digit salary.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I bought some shoes.

Nice AE Strands! The day I get a promotion or a higher paying job I will be buying a pair of those.

I bought a Magic The Gathering 2013 booster pack. I don't play MTG and have never bought cards before. I bought them for the sole purpose of using them as bookmarks but holy crap, opening the pack and seeing what I got was an exhilarating experience. The art is so amazing and the feel of the cards is nerdily satisfying. I hope this doesn't become... a problem...

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Noni posted:

I bought these 1x2 Legos in bulk:

My friend has a kid with a birthday coming up. They have patterned carpet in their house. The dad likes to walk around barefoot.

It's time for this child to learn the true power of Legos. (Of course I got him a real set, the clear ones are just a little bonus present).

Midway reading that I thought you were gonna say you wanted to build an ice palace or a transparent futuristic space club.

But no you want some dude to step on them. :geno:

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Just ordered my One Hundred Trillion Dollar uncirculated Zimbabwe bill.

Nice, I've been meaning to do this. Do you just call your bank and ask or did you order from somewhere online?

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

2 tickets to the early showing of Man of Steel!

Yay!!!!

(stock image)

Please... please please please don't suck... :ohdear:

Content:

The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut. I've read Breakfast of Champions, Slaughterhouse Five, and Cat's Cradle so far. Slaughterhouse Five is my absolute favorite so far, but my friend tells me I'm going to like Sirens. The deadpan wit in these books is so sadly satisfying... I can't really explain it.

(not my photo)
A foil "Gift of Orzhova." I have the normal version of this card and was blown away by the art. Had to get the foil and this is the best looking foil ever.

Glock 19. My first gun purchase. I've wanted a gun for a long time and I finally pulled the tr... it's too easy I'm not going to say it... :mmmhmm: Well I finally bought my first gun. I don't plan to mod it initially as I want to get a feel for what I want first, except I got Trijicon night sights to replace the stock ones. Hopefully I can find enough 9mm to get better at.

Oh man this is bad, I already planned out my next four firearm purchases. I'm not gonna buy anything for a couple of years but I can dream. :allears:

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

the kawaiiest posted:

It's a pose reference book for anime artists.

*Looks at naked Japanese women on cover*

Riiiiight... for "anime"...

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Plinkey posted:

Welp, I just spent $12 on pickles. They are amazing though.

You can get a gallon jar of Vlasic whole dill pickles for that price and still have money for another two gallon jars of Vlasic whole dill pickles.

Those do look pretty good though, are they bitter?

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Geoj posted:

This is kind of like saying "but you can buy three family size packs of hotdogs for the same price as a 6oz filet mignon!"

I'll have you know Vlasic whole dill pickles are utterly delicious. I once finished a gallon jar mostly by myself in two weeks. That was a lot of salt, though... :stare:

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

I have rarely ever played my DS and I intend to justify my purchase (only 7 years late). I've heard the Professor Layton series is excellent and it'd be nice to play something while I relax and lay down.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Tea Bone posted:

I love the Professor Layton series, all the games are great and I don't think you really need to play them in order, however, if you can get hold of it I'd say the first one (Curious Village) is the best.

Holy crap Curious Village is going for 50 bucks on Amazon right now.

Pick posted:

Unwound Future has the most makes me cry ending though.

This game's gonna make me cry? Hell yeaaaa :dance:

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

shuey posted:

I got these (without the mic):

I've been wanting to get a pair of those. Do they handle well when gaming?

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

squeee posted:

Friday was payday so I bought:

Payday is like Amazon Christmas once a month!

So I'm guessing you clicked Amazon's "Frequently Bought Together" suggestion and your cart came out like that.

Content:

I bought this kneeling chair. Wasn't too expensive and hopefully my back will hate me somewhat less.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Mouse Cadet posted:

How's the chair?

I've been sitting on it for a couple of days. I've noticed myself slouching a bit and I'm slowly correcting it. The chair does really take a lot of pressure off your lower back and rather puts it on your knees.

Build quality is great for the price. Also, real wood.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

Bang3r posted:

So it finally arrived :unsmith:

Taking a terrible picture of a camera that takes extraordinary pictures. :cmon:

Content:

I got some sandals for summer. I've had two pairs of these before but I have no idea where they went. If you've never worn them before, they hurt at first but eventually make your feet feel extremely good. Like a bunch of nubs massaging your feet.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Where did you buy those shoes and how durable are they?

They are Adidas Adissage sandals. I got them from Amazon but you can get them from just about any sports shoe store. As for durability, I can't speak for much since I've mainly used them for around the house/yard and as shower sandals in college. I never really worn them around town and I've always lost them before they wore out. But I would hazard a guess that they last as well as any other medium priced sandal?

And again, they hurt at first but once you get used to them, oh god do they make your feet feel great.

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

pageerror404 posted:

So I was at goodwill today and took it upon myself to randomly buy a clarinet for $150. I'm not even a musician, I just thought it looked really well made and high quality. Well, turns out it was a good purchase because it's worth close to $2000. Also it's absolutely beautiful.

Man I wish I had $150 to throw around on random impulse buys on things I don't have a use for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomkat
Jul 23, 2007

BiRD BoY posted:

It is, in fact, overkill. I never exceed 15% really, until I'm deep into sketch up, or CS5. Premiere can really chew through it. But never much. It's just good to know it's there. In truth, I was going to settle on 16GB, and when I went back to the store the next day to exchange something, I couldn't stop myself from filling the other 2 slots.

RAM is so dirt cheap now it's not that big of a deal to go overboard with it.

• Locked thread