Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

New saddle for my road bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

A half-zip wool sweater from Paul & Shark. I've had my eye on it for a few months but I wasn't going to pay full retail for it ($575) so I waited and got 70% off.

I wouldn't wear that if someone paid me $575. But i'm sure it's extremely comfortable.

A nice bento box for lunch.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I spent $50 on IAP for one app for my iPad Mini and iPod Touch:

JamUP ProXT

The sound quality of the amp and effects modeling smokes everything else available on iOS. GarageBand, Amplitube, Ampkit, etc...

And since Apple just released an update for GarageBand that allows you to use this app, and other 3rd party apps to record to GarageBand, I couldn't resist.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I lost 10lbs during a week stay in the hospital. Need to gain some weight back. Got a tasty Reuben sandwich

And used some gift cards for:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Gotta take advantage of my Amazon Prime trial membership, so I got a new book.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

My brother has bought all of Bukowski's works several times over because people keep borrowing and never returning them. He's like the Bukowski nexus of this town.

My first job was working at a movie theater and an ex employee left a copy of South Of No North, and I loved it. That's how I got turned on to him. Everyone who worked there read it (we had a lot of downtime between shows).

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Used my REI dividend check and their 20% off coupon to get a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor, to push my rear end into cycling harder. Came out to $30 with the discounts.

I managed to break a long standing strava record on my first ride with it. Don't know for sure if it was thanks to the new gadget, but it definitely helped.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Tyler The Creator's solo abum

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mick ohio posted:

I bought a unicycle. Can't wait to figure this out.

In no time at all you could be doing stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM2s-cgiqk

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Fiber optic internet was hooked up at my complex so I upgraded:

It's always above the advertised speeds. Time to play some Battlefield 3 End Game DLC.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I've tried every Ben and Jerrys flavor, in my opinion the best is:

I don't even like coffee flavor ice cream but it contrasts so well with the toffee. I wait for it to melt a little bit, put it in a bowl and eat the whole pint in one serving. But that's okay to do when you cycle 50 miles. Anyone who's never tried it should give it a whirl.

I bought replacement plastic parts for my 50's strat, because the stock ones are an aged cream color that looks a little too fake.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This is to clean your ears out. This is far superior to the little ball pumps, and eye dropper kits you buy from the drug store. A lot of doctors offices use this same thing.

It's very satisfying to use when you see how much gunk comes out. And you feel like a superhero with how keen your hearing becomes.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

^ that's a sweet ride. I hope you really take advantage of its performance, and not just have it as a status symbol like S4 owners I know.

I got this guitar tuner that's cheap but considered very good.

Snark SN8

Perry Normal posted:

I don't even play metal but I wanted a chunkier tone and the price was right.

The DOD Supra Distortion was my first pedal, eventually I upgraded to the Metal Zone, big improvement.

Now I am needing a metal stompbox again. I've listened to a ton of youtube demos of different pedals.

The MXR Fullbore metal sounds really good and they go for $60 used on eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heHx03YdXEM

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Leon Black posted:

And an amp:

(Fatman Carbon Trinity)

Speaking of amps, and tube amps, my Blues Junior guitar amp is too drat loud to play at night with my bitchy neighbors. So I got a dirt cheap solid state combo.

Seller asked only $40. I'm mostly using it with headphones. It's modeling of clean fender amps is surprisingly good. Its heavy metal tones suck though.
It's got a ton of sounds, but it's surprisingly complicated and unintuitive for a small practice amp.

And a pair of Levis 514

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I recently purchased a Fender Mustang I practice amp, but someone on craigslist was selling a Roland Micro Cube for only $20 (Costs $120 new) so I had to get it. I'll spend some time with both and keep the one I like the most, and flip the other one.

The cool thing about it is that it can run on AA batteries. So you can have a little noodle jam in the car on a long road trip.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Since i'm on a family cell phone plan with 4 other people, I had to wait until everyone else was ready to get smartphones so we could all go to an everything data plan. So we all got iPhones.

Being able to play Zynga Live Poker everywhere I go is all I need. Everything else is a bonus.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I think they are announcing new iPhones in less than a month from now

At WWDC next month? Highly unlikely, as it's focus is on software announcements.
Regardless, our contract was expired, and we had broken flip phones.

Got a car mount, to make it a decent GPS advice:

Couldnt see myself spending $49 for an Otterbox case, so I got a cheap eBay version:

I Am Not Spor posted:

AliExpress.com

This store to be exact The stuff actually got to me and hasn't fallen apart yet.

Those prices are insane. I'm tempted to get the Nalini kit. Are they euro or US sized?

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 23:22 on May 8, 2013

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There are endless ways to adorn a human skull. I'd wrap a doo rag on mine, and put a black and mild in his mouth.

I got a few $3 books from the swap meet.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Decided to splurge for Apple Care+ for my iPhone 5 since it will be sitting in my jersey pocket when I cycle 100+ miles a week, and its likely ill crash once in 2 years. This covers my rear end until I upgrade to my next phone.

Anker Astro mini to give me another full charge for those long summer days outside.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

My frying pan was warped and gross looking so I bought a new one:

T-Fal Professional Nonstick Aluminum pan

Owners say you can fry eggs on it without any oil or spray and it will slide out.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mesc posted:

I also got a beefy lock for it, because it was about twice as expensive as my old, stolen bike (edit: my old bike that was stolen from me, hurr), and it is hilariously giant - weighs about 10 lbs.

Smart move on the nice lock. I had a cheap lock that someone cut through, and decided I'd never let that happen again.
I got the mini U version, and it's kept my high end road bike safe in many different situations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for my iPad mini.

It's going to make a round-trip flight from LA to NYC go by a lot faster.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Jun 1, 2013

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Borrowed my friends PS3 and bought this

Grid 2 was a disappointment for me. This should be better.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

A lot of people have had some relief using aromatherapy. Smelling something nice can definitely lift your mood. There are even specific scents or essential oils for depression. Maybe it smells like hookers, cocaine, and money.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Speaking of food, I got a pair of tickets to the annual Laughlin, NV Food Fest

It's one amazing buffet. Head chefs from Las Vegas hotels come and make food thats fancier than what they serve at the hotels. I pretty much just load up on the alaskan king crab legs, with a few lobster tails, some shrimp, and a steak. They have a bunch of prize drawings. They hire beautiful models to give out cocktails, and its funny because the crowd is 90% senior couples, and the men try not stare or get a boner with their disapproving wives by their side.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Call Now posted:

Nokia 301. It's pretty much the best phone ever

How do the data charges work? Since it's technically not a smartphone, and isn't on a data plan, and doesn't have wifi, do you get charged per kb if you send some pictures, or watch youtube videos?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fender Mustang 1 20w Amp

Download Fender Fuse, connect the mustang to your PC and download a bunch of the top custom presets. They have some great sounds that surpass the stock ones.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a macro lens for my iPhone.

It will come in handy for eBay and craigslist. And maybe identifying some ancient roman coins

It came with a wide angle and fisheye lens but I won't use them.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Two Continental Gatorskin tires

I have 3500 miles on my current pair, and only had 1 flat on them.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Two bags of strawberry Twizzlers:

I've eaten a 1 pound bag in one sitting.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Blue_monday posted:

These colognes:

I wouldn't bring these on a flight if I looked remotely middle eastern.

I was craving asian snacks tonight:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Heresiarch posted:

I used to eat the hell out of these things back in my shameful Japanophile youth. They are awful but in one of those "I can't stop eating these" ways.

You know it's strange but the first wiff of them, and the first few I eat I don't really like, and then the more I eat, the better they start to taste. Maybe it's the salt.

Got a new book:

And a new LP:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

My current bike chain had over 5,000 miles on it, I decided to be proactive and replace it so I don't end up stranded 50 miles away from home.

It's off the chain.

Got a bunch of graze.com snacks in the mail.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

Some dank rear end ghetto tacos.

I was in Mexico today. Got some asada tacos. The meat is carved, fresh vegetables chopped, and tortilla cooked from scratch right in front of you. Basically it's as fresh as possible.

Had to get it without the cilantro because that poo poo overpowers everything.

And of course Mexican Coke, cause it's the real thing.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a new pair of Unbranded denim for $11.

14.5oz rope dyed japanese selvage denim for half the price of a pair of walmart jeans.

A Scoe special from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in LA.

This is the meal Samuel L Jackson used to lure Chris Tucker to his death in Jackie Brown.

And a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5. I rarely buy a game instead of rent it. And I almost never preorder. But this game will be special.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I got a box of army meal kits. Add cold water and like magic you get a hot and hearty dinner.

Gonna use them on adventures.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I ate a beef brisket kit for dinner tonight, just so i'd know what to expect...

The brisket was actually pretty good. Its similar to Dinty Moores beef stew. Tender and flavorful. But the portion was small.
The biscuit was bad though. Dry and not tasty at all.
Tootsie rolls and mint chicklets are as you'd expect.
The cheese and crackers are giant versions of the same Kraft cheese and crackers you had in your lunchbox as a kid.
The cookies are just like Keebler Sandies, except half as good.
The hot cocoa and powdered lemonade weren't sweet enough, but adding some sugar made them taste fine.

The kit does its job well. Giving you a shitload of calories you need, in an easy to prepare package, with decent tasting food.
The main issue is with how unhealthy the side items are.

Too early to say if its gonna give me diarrhea or constipation

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Gonna give the new iPad a whirl.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got an affordable home movie setup for my pops birthday...

ViewSonic PDJ5134. Large, and vibrant picture. Good quality, and easy to use.

$20 generic glasses from Amazon. They work pretty well. The 3D effect is well pronounced, and it's much easier on the eyes than analglyph 3D (red/blue)

Sony 3D Blu Ray Player with built in wifi and streaming services. Interface is almost identical to the PS3.

Logitech PC speakers for inexpensive sound and good bass.

Some 3D Blu Rays to get things rolling

It will mostly be used for Netflix movies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Goods from the local asian market.

My choices are a bit indulgent when I shop there.

• Locked thread