Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012
Oh hey, I'm a shopaholic; allow me to show off the weird poo poo I buy!

I bought a pair of these in mid February, but I just got them in the mail this Friday. I.. don't know what I was thinking when I bought them, rather than "ooh, red!", but they're warm and make me like three inches taller, so I'll take them! My only problem is that I am a shy person to deal with, so being stopped on the bus and asked where I got them is spooky for me.

The mail guy also brought this to my door, which excited me greatly. While I do have the cheaper $20 version in four volumes (this one was $80, because I didn't want to get fancy and get the $140 textbook, dual language version), as well as the Wade Giles romanization, I really wanted this one, as the cover sleeve art for all three books are simply beautiful. I like to think to myself that the $20 version will be the one that I actually read, the Wade Giles version will be the one that I will read to a lesser extent, and this version will be my shelf jewel that I don't read, but will sit on my bookcase and look beautiful.

I saw this baby at a local used book store, had a heart attack and bought it without even feeling bad about throwing $80 at it (it usually goes for $120 online). I haven't even opened the first volume, as it is an absolute monster (split into four volumes, each volume packing 600 pages of pure text), but I will.. hopefully get a stab at it this summer.

Finally, I just bought this from amazon on Saturday, as it was only $5 with free shipping. Apparently, this is one of the greatest recordings of Holst's Op.32, but we'll see if it competes with James Levine's recording, which of course I have a copy of.

A little bit about me: I am a book worm, a part time flute player, and a history major, so I spend a lot of money on books, collecting CDs, obscene boots and other silly articles of clothing, and video games. I also bought a copy of Super Puyo Puyo awhile ago, because SFC games are forever cheaper than SNES games, and the art cover was cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012

I was determined for my Halloween plans to NOT fall into pieces like it did last year, so this year I did some early costume shopping! It's a bit tight on me, but not so tight my gut pokes out or anything. The only thing I'm worried about is the flimsy pants, which probably can easily be replaced by white jeans or something.

Can't wait until I get my keyboard out of storage and rock out "My Road My Journey" hnnng

I had a pleasant lunch today as well.

Kaskitew has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Mar 14, 2013

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012

Mein Kampf and Communist Manifesto in one purchase, what have I done? Hopefully the two won't tear each other up on the way to my house, Sun Zi should stand between the two or something.

Apparently, someone once spat on my professor for reading Mein Kampf in public, so I made sure to get the edition without the big swastika on the cover, and plan on reading it in private just to be sure. Not that Nazi ideals appeal to me or anything, I just display an interest in political theory, no matter how obtuse it is.

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012

Science posted:

How many government databases do you think now have an entry for you? :v:
For history!

But that's just an urban legend though, right? ..right? :tinfoil:

My local library has a copy of Mein Kampf, and I once saw a copy of it in an independent book store awhile ago, but I didn't want to buy it in public. Although apparently the founder of Chapters banned it from the chain altogether. I'm not too worried about purchasing Communist Manifesto, even if I live in a capitalist regime, as it's essential political theory either way one goes about looking at it, and the government getting all worked up about a kid studying Sun Zi, ha ha.

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012

Mainly because I was watching some guy play it on Youtube awhile ago, and it looked like a lot of fun. Also SFC games are infinitely cheaper than SNES games, even in boxed, mint condition, so why the hell not? So far, I'm really bad at it and can only play on Beginner. Today, I just figured out how to beat the second White Land course, and my car of choice is the Golden Fox, yeah! It's kind of sad that once I get good enough at it to play on a high difficulty, I'll be apparently forced to use the Fire Stingray, but oh well.

This was my Dad's one and only SNES game that he played back in the day, so while it does win nostalgia points from me, I must admit that I never played it as a kid, just watched him. My mom was the gamer of my house

This is a birthday present to my little sister who is obsessed with Yoshi, and now having a Super Famicom, I figured it would be cool to have all the childhood classics again, which were sadly, and stupidly sold awhile ago. I'm also too stingy to buy the boxed SNES version, so I'm sure she can manage with the Japanese version. I also bought the strategy guide for it for collector's purposes, but the game is cooler to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaskitew
Dec 28, 2012
Recently finished Communist Manifesto, and am slowly slogging away at the other books I bought, so in the spare time:

Sailor Moon is my guilty pleasure, I imported the SFC RPG just so I could have the rights to say that I owned a copy of it.

My French knowledge is still bare minimum from taking three classes of it in university, but this is my first French book I will attempt to read. Wish me luck, Rousseau was always my favourite Philosophe anyway!

And as I was leaving the store, I ran into my History professor whom I have stocked all throughout my university career since my first semester, and he was all like "what did you buy?" I was all ashamed about buying Sailor Moon, so I cheaply replied, "just smut, big breasted smut and Rousseau."

• Locked thread