Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Bucket Joneses posted:

I got tired of smacking my receiver to make it work so, after 12 years of this Sony I replaced it with an Onkyo TX-NR414:

Be careful with this one. I have one and the HDMI out port no longer works as far as I can tell. I got it last year so about 8-12 months of owning it. There are a lot of issues with them if you search around, but when it did work, it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Laser Cow posted:

I have access to something similar at work. Two apples, 5 carrots and a couple of slices of ginger. Do it.

This right here. I have one of the Omega Masticating juicers (don't remember the exact model) and I did this. loving incredible juice right there. Just enough bite from the ginger to cut through the sweetness.

Also I'm going to be using mine to make a shitton of apple juice for homebrewed cider.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

heliotroph posted:

Tickets to:

I got entry into that too in my town. I only have a few months to train for 100F heat at 8:50 in the morning. YAAY

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got new shoes:

And unfortunately I was forced to buy a new 1hp pump motor:

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Hooray for my pool cover coming off during the winter and everything falling into my pool.

I just bought 4 more of these:

Thankfully I'll be getting a hard cover for it in a few months.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I don't get to go out for lunch much any more, since my friend that I usually lunched with changed jobs to a different part of the city. Time to read more on lunch breaks..

More books will be posted soon after I finish these two.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

In the hopes of getting rid of Comcast cable TV soon, I got this:

Antennas Direct DB8. Hopefully it will get all of the channels available around so I can just get Hulu Plus and Netflix and internet access and drop my monthly bill by about $100.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

woot fatigue posted:

Eames Tandem Airport Seating.

I don't know if they still have it, but my local airport used to have a TON of these. That's all they used, but I think the recent renovations have gotten rid of them. I might need to go check to see what they are doing with them.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

It does look like a baton but it could also just be a pointer for like giving lectures and stuff.

It looks like a telescoping magnet wand you can get from Autozone.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Pre-Ordered:

Purchased:

Needed a new point and shoot
Samsung ST150F

32gb microSDHC to go with the camera

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Bought a NookHD (16gb). Have wanted an e-reader for a while and for something that runs Android and does everything else AND has a microSD slot for 149? Couldn't pass it up. Plus B&N is giving a 20$ GC if you buy a nook.

Also got a case, but that's boring.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I really hate having a pool...

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Anova sous vide machine

Beer
Bourbon Barrel Porter All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 1728 Scottish Ale
Smashing Pumpkin Ale All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 1056 American Ale
Oktoberfest All-Grain Kit
Wyeast 2633 Oktoberfest Blend

3TB backup for my 3TB backup.

$99 on Newegg currently.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Full Circle posted:

Please report back once you get to use that, I'm looking to buy either the anova or sansaire and would love an actual owners perspective on one.

Check in Goons With Chickencheese. There's a sous vide thread with testimonials as well as within the last 10-15 pages of the product recommendation thread.
They're why I went with the anova instead (and since I wanted it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW)

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Got this for 50$ less than it usually is. Hooray for mislabeled things in Target.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Bought some things:

For Fun

For Run

New Tie

Also ~$90 of beers that I can't get in my state (thanks NC) and gas and hotel for a friends kickass wedding.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Robin Sparkles posted:

Just bought the 12 days of Holiday Bullshit from Cards Against Humanity. You pay them $12 (+$10 for Canada) and they mail you 12 things in December. It's limited to the first 100,000, and we all know these things can go quickly, so if you want it get it now!
https://www.holidaybullshit.com/

Just got this too. Thanks for the heads up.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I'm going to play with fire.

And apply it to my food.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I bought like 16 of these. Ouch.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I hope the view justifies the price.

I don't have that great of a view, I just have really old windows (possibly original to the house built in 1965,) so I hope that they'll help with keeping utilities down.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I haven't gotten anything since the first pack.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Kirkland 18/10 SS TriPly pots and pans along with two of the Kirkland hard anodized aluminum non-sticks. I also got a garment steamer, but I can't find a good picture of it.
Two sets of tupperware to replace all the poo poo my girlfriend has lost and hosed up. Yay.

Williams Sonoma near my house is closing and everything was 40% off so I got

iSi Gourmet Whip Plus
and some of these on Amazon.

I also got a Toddy Cold Brew system at WS for 40% off.

And then when I actually have some free time I'm going to learn to play geetar.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

V for Vegas posted:

You know what you have to do now.

Whip it?

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Dewgy posted:

I screwed up my budget in the best way, so I just justified getting myself a new bass. :3:

http://www.rondomusic.com/ursa2mnpro3ts.html

I too got a new bass today to go with my guitar and rocksmith!

Ibanez Gio 5-String
not fancy but playable!

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I am planning a redoing of my kitchen. This was on sale at Costco for 79.99 and it looked like a pretty good deal.

Now I just need new cabinets, sink, countertops, and appliances.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

My cousin just had a baby, so I bought her a gift.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Vizio E601i-A3 - 60" Edge-lit LED Smart TV

Harmony 700 to run the big TV and receiver/cablebox/appletv/xbox/etc.

Going today to hopefully find a pair of cheap ski pants for a Colorado trip next week.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Scarf posted:

Might not be super useful right now since you're leaving in a relatively short amount of time, but SteepandCheap dot com usually has awesome deals on snow gear. Downside being that you won't really have time to try them on and return them to get another pair before you leave.

Also, I wouldn't skimp out on SUPER cheap gear... You'll pay for it in the end by being cold and wet. Stoic and Marmot usually have good stuff for non-stupid-high prices.

My brother has pants and I got a good jacket and base layer. I'm going to be renting equipment since we're only going to get to ski/snowboard for a day.

Sports Authority was having a big sale on their winter stuff (they don't sell a lot of ski gear in the flat mid-south.)

This is the jacket - Columbia Whirlibird III

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Rabhadh posted:

I can just see Hellbeard seething with anger as he spies a group of Palestinian children and their mothers walk home from school Must be prepared hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I bought this album

Linky: http://lorddying.bandcamp.com/

Awesome! A friend of mine is their drummer. They put on a hell of a show too.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

I got some new shoes.
For work - Ecco Helsinki Bike Toe Black

For walking around Colorado on vacation and work - Ecco Track 6 GTX Brown

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

FredLordofCheese posted:

I bought a pair of those shoes around 5 years ago, they still look brand new despite being my daily shoes for 3 of those 5 years. They are tanks, I even wore them when I had to cover a 5K race and ran around the track and through some muddy fields while taking photos.

Awesome. I have a pair of older ones that are 3-4 years old but aren't Helsinkis. They still are great, but are starting to show some wear and tear. I'm going to fix them up a bit and then have two pairs of work shoes. Ecco is some high quality poo poo.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Looks like it was from http://www.etsy.com/shop/CaseGarden?section_id=13753506&page=3

Edit: Just saw the edit, it will stay to help anyone else. There are a bunch of neat cases on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

It's getting to be pool weather... after this last cold snap
To clean the pool

To clean the water

• Locked thread