Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Bucket Joneses posted:

I'm genuinely confused. The whole point of a case is to protect the phone. If you're worried about chipping the protective case then what's the point?

Seems to me like it actually serves two purposes (to protect the phone, and to look good!) because of the fact that it looks nicer than the jillions of plastic cases available.

I just bought this to have a quick way to read codes so I don't have to take the car to the shop. Also for sweet graphs and engine read outs when I'm doing burnouts, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Bodum Chambord French press

:sigh: My wife just broke the carafe of ours, replacement glass alone is still like $25. We're back to the $10 IKEA presser for now.

I just bought two of these to replace some terrifyingly dry rotted fronts on our new to us Accord. Love TireRack, got them in a day and the shop down the street from work mounted them in 10 minutes for :20bux:

Bridgestone Touranza Serenity. Goofy name for a tire.

sirbeefalot has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Mar 29, 2013

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

ThirstyBuck posted:

Do not do this.

Your Accord is front wheel drive and those front wheels are responsible for steering, most of the braking, and all of the acceleration - and often more than one at once. What I'm saying is that you want these new tires on the front. For more, go to AI.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=91

No worries, I know what's up. And besides being some budget Chinese brand, the rears are pretty new as well. No dry rotting on them, but I'd still like top swap them out for something better eventually. We just got the car about a month ago.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

uwaeve posted:

Cool, as long as you know what's up you'll be all set.

Thanks for the snarky link. The rears are still very new as I said, and they'll be rotated regularly anyway. I'm also in SoCal, not exactly a rain forest. Try and resist the urge to look up this weekend's forecast.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Ouhei posted:

Edit: Does SA have an A/V equipment subforum? I want to get a system going my condo by the end of the year but know nothing about them since I've never had one.

It used to be a top level Discussion forum, then it was flip flopped with its cellphone focused subforum, and now they're rolled into one in Inspect Your Gadgets.

Content:
I finally broke down and bought an SSD, it's killing me waiting for it. Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB. Still trying to figure out the best way to move select bits from my current 1TB boot disk with ~600GB of poo poo on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Henchman 21 posted:

Check out the first post of this thread, dudes avatar is his eye after the incident.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html#!/exjun_

A friend has a couple (lower powered) pointers in blue, green and purple and I occasionally have a desire to have one of my own. Then I inevitably see something like this and my balls end up somewhere next to my lungs.

e; I should be receiving this today. Can't wait to have an aux input in the car again.

sirbeefalot has a new favorite as of 17:42 on May 15, 2013

• Locked thread