Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Crush! Crush!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Barudak posted:

All I see in those Bullit gifs is how terrible it was to chase people in your car before the invention of power steering.

Those cars had power steering.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

platedlizard posted:

e;fb

You can teach babies how to turn themselves over in the water and float on their backs if they fall in fully clothed.

I actually took a class at the YMCA like this when I was a fairly young kid. You would wear clothes, and then they would throw you in and you had to take off your shoes, jeans, etc. and get to the floating position or tread water. I remember my pool shirt had Yoda on it. The class was called Water Survival or something.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

This is a good sports rage gif, too.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Jimmy Fallon spoof of Breaking Bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKL2dAJN6I

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Pick posted:

They have no reserves or brood, hence nothing to defend and no reason to sting. Swarming bees are bees at their most friendly, and domestic honeybees are friendly anyway.

I was expecting a bunch of people freaking out about bees, but instead I see a group of people all discussing bees calmly and letting people know the difference between bees and wasps. This is awesome - nice job everyone!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Kanfy posted:

Do Americans commonly see ads even during tv shows? Or maybe it's a more widespread thing but still, one would think there are enough of them around as it is.

Oh, those aren't even the worst offenders. And yes, there are constant lower-third ads for upcoming programs during the current program.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Here it is, the best piece of stock footage I have ever seen.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Forti posted:

Do you habitually watch a lot of stock footage

Sadly, yes.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Making my way through old Mr. Show episodes for the first time in years.

This is bullshit!

Yes! Can you do the scene where Tom Kenny screams in the board room after he realizes he has fired everyone else in the company?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Quick and dirty from a youtube.

Yes!!! Haha, I love it.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

I assumed that was Kaitlin Olson sitting next to him

I'm pretty sure it's David Mitchell.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

fool_of_sound posted:

Well you see, 'putting it in the hole', 'doing the tango' or 'putting the plug in the socket' are common fatherly euphemisms for sexual congress. The girls holding the signs are looking for 'a good loving', if you will. The joke is that the girls in question are not particularly attractive.

Those are sex euphemisms only used by people who are now over 60.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Keetron posted:

Much longer as I have an irrational fear for being lost in space like that. There is a James Bond movie where the bad guy captures a space ship and just snips off the guy in the space suit while he is wired attached and then no more. I had nightmares about that. Good thing I am not an astronaut.

Clearly you should not see Gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

I really would love to know the story/source behind this.

• Locked thread