Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Can we have a new rule where you must post the source, or that you don't know what it is?

P.S. This is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

veedubfreak posted:

If I recall correctly, his helmet jammed the turbine letting him keep all the important bits intact.

Close. His helmet was torn off by the force of the intakes suction, and as soon as it hit the turbine the engine imploded and poo poo its guts out, as seen in all the fire and fun coming out the back end. It still must have been the closest thing to getting gummed by Satan himself though.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

MadHat posted:

Holy poo poo, did the CG artist just run out of time?

They were working on a movie called Ghost Shark, where a man gets split in half by a vengeful shark spirit after drinking from a water cooler. I imagine the CGI dude had more important things to do, like applying for jobs at McDonalds and drinking himself into a coma.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Hey cool. I lost the original gif. Thanks.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Otacon posted:

How to disarm someone pointing an AK47 at you, WITH STYLE

This is a neat trick, but that guy is kicking what seems to be an AK with a round chambered and with is buddies finger on the trigger, while it is pointed at his chest. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a casing and not a live round, because the alternative would make these guys Darwin award honorable mentions.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Is that a bottle of red gel-caps/jelly beans, or is there some science/special effects going on here?

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

theflyingorc posted:

Getting a key from a door with this method is a really common trope, actually. In fact, you do the same thing in Simon the Sorceror, another adventure game released in 1993.

Yep, it was a tried and true method of getting into locked rooms in fiction when most doors used those strait through keyholes. Unlikely outside of fiction though since leaving the key in the door like that was dumb and not something you do then or now.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Is this from that Speed Racer movie that came out a few years back?

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Krinkle posted:

Is that a poo poo holocaust in the background and the cat is wiping off in a weird way?

What? This has got to be the most bizarre sentence I have seen all year.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
While I'm not saying that nobody would have a reason to keep a gun close at hand in case of a break in, do you really need one specifically for when you laying in bed as opposed to close at hand in something that wont drop in on your face if you stretch, and could anyone reasonably use it before the axe murderer who just woke you up and is looming over you stabbed you in the face? Alternatively, how many dumb-asses will mistake their hubby for a tango when startled awake when they get up in the night to take a piss and groggily go for their gun?

I first looked at this about 3 this afternoon. It is now going on eleven at night and they are still in the same room. It's sort of a real world test of the theory that a thousand monkeys locked in a room with a thousand typewriters will eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare.

Nyyen has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Feb 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Kramdar posted:

That article disappoints because it doesn't have any audio examples. And there is only one youtube video of a snake farting. Ugghh. If the word "butthole" is :nws: for anyone, then don't max out the sound to hear tiny snake farts. Professional herpetologist in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOqO38nBNVg

That video led to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGuvQPInjmw

They're just like us!

• Locked thread