Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Rules
READ OR DIE.

1. General forum & subforum rules apply, including but not limited to the below, which bear repeating:

No catchphrases.
Use appropriate punctuation & capitalization, and do not use "AOL speak" with the lol's and the rofl's and the idgi and the hibberty jibbert jello jigglers.
No image leeching (use imgur or consult the sticky at the top of the forum).
Single emoticon replies are generally a lousy idea, though they may be pardoned in certain cases. Do you feel lucky?
Observe forum guidelines for image size (1024px or larger needs to be thumbnailed).
:siren: Observe forum guidelines for NWS images: NWS images should be tagged like so url. It is helpful if you include a short explanation of WHY the image is NWS, so that those of us who are okay with seeing a nipple but not an anus can decide whether to click. :siren:

2. Don't derail. Yes, the megarule is dead, but please try to keep stuff on topic with the images being posted. This is not the place for your feelings about politics, anime, religion, or grammar. If you have an issue with someone, report it and don't post.

3. If the image isn't funny unless you explain it, it probably isn't funny. A succinct explanation is fine, but do include it. If it's not funny unless you know the full history of that anime or sport or whatever, just don't post it.

Actually, let's just say no anime altogether. It'll only lead to tears.

4. No memes or macros. There's a thread for those.

5. No gifs (unless on topic). There's a thread for those.

6. No videos (unless on topic). There's a thread for those. If you DO post a video, be sure to add a description, even for embedded links.

7. No pictures featuring you, your hilarious friends, your pets, your family members, etc. It's not funny and your face is dumb.

8. No screencaps, webcomics, FACEBOOK, or images with more text than visual funny. Moderator discretion will be enforced here on that last one. eta: Funny text on packaging, "Engrish" and the like, are allowed.

9. If you post something against the rules, you don't get to cancel it out by adding another picture "just in case." E.g., if you post a macro and also a picture of a baby dressed as an octopus, I will laugh at the octopus baby, and then I will probate you anyway for posting a macro.

10. No bitching about the megarule or lack thereof: If you have an issue with thread rules, take it to the stickied PYF QCS thread. Whining about it here just adds to the unfunny bullshit that makes you miss the rule in the first place. (added 01/30/2012)

11. "I don't get how that's funny." Shut the gently caress up and go away forever. Just post funny things, or interesting responses, or a suicide note if you really can't think of anything better to do with your time than complain on the internet about someone else's taste in images that make them go "heh." (added 10/27/2012)

And finally, a two very special guidelines:

Try to post funny images. The megarule is dead; you no longer have to have a picture-any-picture-oh-god-don't-probate-me. Show that you are pleased by posting well, and avoid repeats.

Yes, it's a brand new thread all empty of posts. That does not mean you need to feverishly repost "classics" from other threads in days gone by. Simply continue on with new content.

Sighence has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Mar 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Hi there.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

:(

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Oh hey just cruisin through the new thread!

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Crap. I was just typing up the new OP. :saddowns:

I compiled this handy list of previous threads for those who have archives and like to walk among the ruins of Waffleimages:

Instead of unlucky number thirteen, we're actually on lucky number seven!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hello new thread.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

RizieN posted:

Oh hey just cruisin through the new thread!

I will see your motorcycle and raise you a bathtub good sir.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Quidam Viator has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Mar 11, 2013

PepperSinclaire
Jan 21, 2007

But everyone's doooing it!
Yay! Here at last!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

evanstheone
Jul 4, 2010

I know the girl on the right in the bottom photo. I should ask her who that is.

MightyMikeOdin
Sep 11, 2012

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Uhoh you forgot the thing EPW said to include :ohdear:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

stubblyhead posted:

Uhoh you forgot the thing EPW said to include :ohdear:

I don't know what you're talking about. :ninja:

Brother Johnathan posted:

Old thread links
A good, if waffle-pockmarked, idea. Mind if I OP those links?

This is an alligator with a prosthetic tail. They failed to balance the tail properly, so they had to stick a floatie on it to get it to work right.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20130307phoenix-alligator-prosthetic-tail.html

e: better/original(?) link

Sighence has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 11, 2013

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Sighence posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. :ninja:

A good, if waffle-pockmarked, idea. Mind if I OP those links?

Go right ahead!

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

PepperSinclaire posted:

Yay! Here at last!

Hi guys! I'm in a car!
:haw:

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

My parents use to own a pet Blue-Ring Octopus in the 80s. True Story.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

That sucks. I'll get a pet tiger instead!

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Of course it's depressed, its a jar.

I came in here for the chain mails :black101: gently caress you all.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

PlantRobot posted:

Of course it's depressed, its a jar.

I came in here for the chain mails :black101: gently caress you all.

Dexter Stratton
May 25, 2007

That's the most ambiguous suicide note I've ever seen.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I believe that's ring mail. :colbert:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

That's some half-assed Bennett cosplay.

Content:

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Called "PaleoBarefoots" but I don't know how that combination of words relates to the product at all and trying to make it make sense makes me go all :psyboom: so I'll just pop one of these babies on-

-so I don't have to look at it anymore. That's better.

PlantRobot has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Mar 12, 2013

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

PlantRobot posted:

Called "PaleoBarefoots" but I don't know how that combination of words relates to the product at all and trying to make it make sense makes me go all :psyboom: so I'll just pop one of these babies on-

As far as I can tell you can't even buy these. You can only invest in the company or become a "partner". "How much could chainmail socks possibly cost?" I will never know.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

el burbo posted:

Hello new thread.

I trust there's something to this one but I am not getting it.

Thanks, dude. Never heard of a WAN. I just thought the wireless network was named "0b1wan"
VVVV

Christoph has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Mar 12, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Christoph posted:

I trust there's something to this one but I am not getting it.

WAN: wide area network
Obi-Wan Kenobi: a character from Star Wars.

Ergo, humor.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PlantRobot posted:

Wanna see them walk on tile.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Krinkle posted:

As far as I can tell you can't even buy these. You can only invest in the company or become a "partner". "How much could chainmail socks possibly cost?" I will never know.

There's an online store. 200 euros is the answer.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Male Man posted:

Ergo, humor.

Also the only available network, so the iPod owner's only hope.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

I call this collection The Funny Farm

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
A toast!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Male Man posted:

Ergo, humor.

But it's Obi-One-Wan.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

I wish these were my gay dad clones.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dorepoll posted:

I wish these were my gay dad clones.

You really need the music to complete the Fabulous Ones experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOcVSLcaW58

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Oh my god I am laughing so hard. Thank you so much. This should be the most viewed video on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The caption translates as, "Daddy, don't drink!"

• Locked thread