Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

grumplestiltzkin posted:

:catstare:

what the hell is going on here

Broken skylight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

How often do people take photos of their real dolls booty hole? Also I bet there's a whole real doll accessory market full of creepy stuff like this. Now I have a creepy mental image of some guy putting make-up on his doll and ughhh.

Someone's never seen Guys and Dolls. No reason to use your imagination, friend.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

suddenly cats posted:

Okay, I'll bite. What's the joke here?

She is dressed like a can of shaving cream. I think that's it? The middle finger is kind of a red herring.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

Surge or nothing. :colbert:

Why do people think Surge has anything to do with Mountain Dew? It was a much more citrus-y, almost Fresca-like flavor. The marketing was reminiscent, but the soda itself wasn't a knockoff.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

MageMage posted:

"Must sport 90's ponytail to sit".

What's "90's" about a ponytail? How would a modern ponytail be different?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Bolivar posted:

The chips seem like Lay's (American) chips with Chinese (?) labels, but the papers in the background are in Japanese.
Though I didn't get the "funny" part of the image anyway, so...

There is a tray inside the tube, necessitating even SMALLER chips for no reason except superfluous packaging.

VVVV Fair enough. Still seems wasteful to me; I've never had a problem getting chips/crisps out of a tube, and there's definitely a bait-and-switch element to the chip/crisp size.

KnifeWrench has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Mar 29, 2013

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Most animals that have receptors outside of the visible spectrum are for the UV spectrum. So its not so much colors we can't perceive but different forms of light we normally don't notice.

It could also be colors we can't perceive, though.

Example: A flower and a painting of a flower can look the same to human eyes, because we've mixed the pigments in the paint so that they excite our red, green, and blue receptors the same way. But there might be subtle differences in other parts of the visible spectrum, such that a butterfly wouldn't be fooled. The same way a non-colorblind person can detect the differences between subtly different greens in the traditional "colorblindness tests".

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Brother Jonathan posted:

Someone must have found this guy's wallet:

And he's even on the SUBWAY :downsrim:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does anyone know where I can get big googly-eyes?

Like...a foot wide, or more? They are some billboards near me that need...uhh..."fixing."

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'd have to drive at least an hour to find some drat billboards, and no promises they'd have people on them. drat this state!

If anyone else is planning to vandalize a billboard, note that they're probably not going to jiggle much up there. Just make some big eyes out of posterboard.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

stubblyhead posted:

We're planning on buying a house soon, and I'm so totally doing this somewhere. That link looks like a mold for pouring concrete or something in though, not floor tiles.

Looks like those tiles are just made of laser-cut wood. Plenty of places do custom laser cutting, and if you are getting enough done to cover a whole floor, it might not even be outrageously expensive. This has the added benefit that you could pick a different tessellation if you so chose.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Bored posted:

Is where babby farmed.

It's not actually :nws:, but it's difficult to see it as anything but genitalia.
http://imgur.com/vc3rjNA
It's a turkey cake.

FYI, there's a thread for exactly that, if you wanted to share this there.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

She's going to have a really hard time scoring baskets with that ball.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

syscall girl posted:

I thought exposure to cats and or dogs helps build a strong immune system when you are young.

This is true, however it's also possible to acclimate to a specific animal's dander (to a degree) over time.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Looking silly in that throne is a foregone conclusion. Aside from Duke Nukem cosplay, everyone was going to look shlubby and out of place. Also, I've never been to PAX, but I'm not going to fault someone for wearing comfortable shoes.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

dijon du jour posted:

That man's chin is a muppet.

I don't know how you noticed that, but thank you and your sharp eyes.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
^^^
wow
so pilot

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

You forgot sodomy. Nobody ever remembers sodomy. :(

Pretty sure Gilbert did.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Big Grunty Secret posted:

What do you mean free spinning? Like it went sideways instead?

Sounds like they meant nothing was holding the individual steps at their present location, so the whole thing became a stair-shaped treadmill.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Kajeesus posted:

I don't understand why people think this is funny. I understand that coded messages are more entertaining, but the quote itself isn't funny, the coding itself is about as interesting as figuring out something writing left to right and there is no flow or rhythm or anything to reading it. India alpha mike alpha golf oscar oscar november yankee golf oscar oscar november, india kilo november oscar waldorf.

May I ask that you consider that the yearbook editor might not have allowed the coded message if it were in plain text? The humor comes from putting one over on "the man" as well as subverting expectations by a young woman expressing desire to "gently caress bitches."

Thus concludes my dissertation on that joke you didn't get.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey I got my own bad cake story. My brother and two cousins share a birthday so we got a cake with all of their names, Bryce, Alyssa and John. They only got one name right.

I, too, always forget to take a picture before I start cutting.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Skeleton Ape posted:

I know a lot of people who text like that and they're all at least 50. You know how your parents' idea of what's cool is usually about ten years out of date? I think it's one of those things.

"DO YOU SPEAK TEEN? Or do your texts look like this?"

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

utada posted:

You know very well that they didn't bother calling the NTSB for confirmation. This is 21st century journalism. :cmon:

Actually, the NTSB issued an apology (source: HuffPo) so that part of the story checks out. Still amazing that it got that far.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Lest it get lost in address and jingle chat, this is one of the best forced perspective shots I've seen in quite some time.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

And that magazine came out literally weeks after he was arrested.

Wow. Sure would have been nice if 75% of the image hadn't been blurred, or there was some other indicator that that was the case.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Baldbeard posted:

What happens faster, a reply because of a ringless goatse, or a reply because of bad trigger discipline on gun pics?

Or bad trigger discipline on a goatse?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Enentol posted:

... You mean charcuterie?

Whoosh

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Angela Christine posted:

Okay, now that I know why there is a mechwhale it makes even less sense. :psyduck: If you can build a whale sized mech to fight aliens, there is no reason at all that a human couldn't drive it. In fact humans would be better, because they wouldn't be weighing it down with thousands of pounds of useless meat, and could use all that freed up cargo space to carry more ammo. I mean . . . I don't . . . what? :psypop:

You're talking about people who designed combat shields that easily tip over and pin the people they were supposed to protect.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

I bet most of these people are American idiots.

Ugh, I'm so embarrassed by my countrymen species.

I think we can all agree on this. Tourism brings out the worst of every culture.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Part of Everything posted:

Wrong. The king was actually given a lion pelt, and wanted to get it mounted. The taxidermist had never seen a lion before and had only a vague idea of what one looked like.

I thought this as well, but there are conflicting accounts. One way or the other, the taxidermist was not given an intact animal, so I think this version is more plausible. The "pet lion" version seems a bit like an urban legend.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Kumaton posted:

Technically speaking, neither is the Triceratops. If I can't trust dinorotica writers, than who can I trust? :tinfoil:

It's real, but, as someone stated, a child :pedo:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

I prefer my version. :colbert:

Edit: And why did they 'shop the image? Hunter should be to the right of the cop, like so:

It's just a different angle. The cop is almost directly behind him, so pictures from either side can change their relative position.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Throatwarbler posted:

It's also a lovely photoshop

I should hope so. Otherwise, she's like 15 feet tall.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

Miss USA dressed as Optimus Prime in the 'costume' portion of the Miss Universe competition.

I bet Miss Cybertron was livid. History will not look kindly at robotface.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

DrBouvenstein posted:

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure that's a Wal-Mart price tag.

I thought they didn't care for "that kind of stuff"?

Yeah, you're right. That's definitely not generic enough of a price tag to be anywhere but Wal-Mart. They must have decided to start stocking CDs with explicit lyrics and create a whole category for "Adult Anime DVDs" in their stocking system.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Dooky Dingo posted:

Mein Kampfy shorts?

They sure look like they were a struggle to get into.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I, for one, am very impressed that the boat was able to tow the truck that far out of the water.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

A Dapper Man posted:

I'm guessing it's because the pads in the pants are really badly placed and just make the pants look lumpy.

I thought they just called some guy over to model them, and he just rolled up his jeans and pulled them over.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Buh posted:

PYF Page-long Derail that is somehow Even Less Interesting Than Last Page's

Anyone here pay fees on their checking account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Fathis Munk posted:

The ads are still loving terrible and I still don't get why they are so insistent on having them.

I'm having a very hard time imagining any other reason we'd be talking about Orangina.

• Locked thread