Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Brother Jonathan posted:

You should get the cheese and onion flavored ones. Everyone likes cheese and onion, don't they?

What? That's a flavor? I mean, I like (most) cheese, and I like onion, but I've never run across anything that's just those two combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I love how it has a four-way active crossover, buy requires four separate amps per speaker. :wtc:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

VanSandman posted:

Japanese? (gently caress if I know) people recreating the famous photo of US victory over Japan at Okinawa.

Iwo Jima

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

KillHour posted:

Don't switch pronouns in the middle of a paragraph. I had to read that like 3 times to figure out what was going on. I don't care which one you pick, just pick one.

Really? Changing pronouns at the point in the story when the person in question requested the change is confusing for you? Maybe you should look in the other direction for your source of confusion.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

death .cab for qt posted:

I've looked into buying those plastic balls for a child's birthday party before and they are loving expensive.

Here's an Amazon link to 1000 of them. 1000 will probably cover your floor, maybe at a height of five or six balls maximum. To get that level of coverage for a room (which is triple the amount I was looking at, easily) you would need probably close to around 7 or 8 thousand balls, minimum, if the size of the room seems larger just because of the way the photo was framed.

What I'm saying is, that Dad is either loaded, or the coolest loving dad ever. :kimchi:

And then, what do you do with all those plastic balls once the party's done? Craigslist? Build a pen in your back yard/basement?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Memento1979 posted:

Even a super healthy, non-purebred hardy as gently caress dog will die if you give it a small bar of dark chocolate or some cooked onion.

BUT NONE OF THAT IS A FUNNY PICTURE.

This is the important part. Milk chocolate is usually not much of a problem (size-dependent, of course). We have a 7-year-old lab who ate a large Toblerone bar when she was young, and is just fine.

PICTURE!!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh God, mIRC.

Is that still around, and does the creator still put in that creepy picture of himself begging for money?

Is it a rule that people who create free/"free" things and then later ask for money have to be creepy looking? The drat wikipedia guy looks like a pedo right out of SVU.

I dunno, that's not my screenshot, and I've used IRC like twice.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

What am I missing here?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
An ex and I did something similar when her parents were re-doing their kitchen floor. We did a pseudo-crime scene, with my chalk outline, blood spatter, and a large carving knife painted on the sub-floor.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone have a link to the thread where that picture was discussed in detail? I remember laughing my rear end off while reading it, and I'd like to re-experience that (although pictures would probably be broken).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yes, that must be it. TV people stole your joke. Like the time when I was a kid and invented rubber band shoelaces and then, a few years later, you could buy elasticised laces in the stores and people from some factory in China had totally stolen my idea. Just like that.

Yes, because he totally said the people stole it. He definitely didn't just say that it was weird to hear a joke that he'd come up with by himself repeated later.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Huntersoninski posted:

(Spotted cutting in line at the mechanic's for an oil change)

I'm getting a 404 here.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It kinda sorta looks like she's thinner than she is, and her arms would be freakishly skinny, but I don't think it's a particularly convincing illusion.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

TampaTango posted:

This is a thing...

Too bad we can hardly read anything on the sign.

And that's what I get for leaving a tab open for 15 minutes...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

KoldPT posted:

The Fraction-DeConnick kids have ENTIRELY different approaches to Santa Claus.

There seems to be something wrong with your image host.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

hooah posted:

There seems to be something wrong with your image host.

I figured it out - there was some edgecastcdn bullshit in front of the tumblr url. Anyone know how to avoid this in the future?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Memento posted:

Re-host them on imgur.

Except the problem is with someone else's post. I had to open the image in a new tab, then edit the url. They appear to be hosted on tumblr, but like I said, the url the person posted is prepended with some bullshit that makes it not resolve properly.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of amusing locations in Michigan...

This was on my drive between home and college.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Kheldarn posted:

The Orca Penguin on the right is the best.

Holy poo poo I didn't see that the first time. That's amazing.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ohhh, my parents will love that. My dad recently finished working there after two years. My mom tried moving up there with him, but didn't last a year.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tumble posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's just slightly unfinished. I mean he should have finished it probably, but doors usually come as a whole model, and all he has to do is install another few pieces around the seams, and then repaint the wall.

His craftsmanship is fine, it looks to be installed straight as evidenced by the uniform gap size. And if he can get that right I'm sure he's able to complete the cutting and installing of the wood that will surround it.

Edit - it maybe been squeaky for reasons that weren't as simple as "hinges need to be oiled" and rather than repair it in a way that would only temporarily fix it, he decided to replace the whole piece. I've done it quite a few times, this is how they look before the aesthetic pieces go up.

Yeah, it really just seems to be missing the molding/trim, which presumably is the next step.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Captain Trips posted:

The best part of Ohio is the lack of natural disasters. Tornados, floods, blizzards. That's it. Never have to worry about an earthquake or a hurricane.

Psh. Michigan has an even lesser occurrence of the first two!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What am I missing?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Strudel Man posted:

The flags don't match the country names.

:doh: Not sure how I missed that one. I might not know of all the Scandinavian flags, but I sure as hell know the Russian, Canadian, and the US ones!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vicas posted:

i have literally never heard a new yorker say "pommes"

And we never say kilnbread or bakies in the midwest (:edi:)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

dialhforhero posted:

If I understand you correctly: yes. There is this little wedge that is attached to the trigger that can be set up against usually 2 or 3 different 'stops' and it holds the trigger up for you. Thank you simple machines.

In most states. In Hawaii (and I think California), this is not present, so you do have to hold the trigger the whole time.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Shampoo posted:

It's this way in MA and VT too. I remember when you could just leave it on, it was a perfect time to wash the windows!

Exactly! Or when I was using YNAB regularly, perfect time to get the transaction set up.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

cubicle gangster posted:

In the US you pre pay for gas and it stops when you hit what you've paid for.

Definitely not the way you have to do it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Darth Freddy posted:

No gas lock lever must suck for any one with a large diesel tank or stuff like welders/generators to fill up.

It does. I was a coach bus driver for my unit in Hawaii, and when I first started driving that behemoth (221 gallon tank), then diesel nozzle at the base's fuel farm didn't have the lock. At some point, they did install one, which made filling that thing up from halfway (where we tried to keep it) so much better.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I want to know what they're for. A country like the US that has been constantly at war in one way or another since the 90's it makes sense to have a bunch of campaign medals and such. NK must give them out for shelling unoccupied islands or killing civilians or something.

Having served in the Marines for four years (luckily staying out of war zones), this was my question, too. It's like the Army's award-giving philosophy taken to the nth degree.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Modern Day Hercules posted:

It's like a common trope that everybody except for you knows about.

Maybe if by "everyone" you mean "everyone who knows more about sailing during this time period than they learned in high school", because I sure as hell hadn't heard anything about pirates or other sailors raping their own crew. Granted, I also hadn't learned much about the Barbary Wars, either.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

SiKboy posted:

To be fair, most people dont stop learning when they leave high school.

Sure, but most people also don't end up taking history courses that cover that specific time period, or end up being interested enough in that period to go learn about it themselves. I, for example, took my humanities class on mythology and Tolkein (because why not), and don't have very much interest in history anyway, so I just never happened across that, despite having learned a lot about music. Funny how that works.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Modern Day Hercules posted:

No, most people know that pirates were rapists. Sorry about your ignorance, but it's over now.

Ok, where'd you learn about it? Where'd your friends learn about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

CobiWann posted:

You didn't know that? Surely you can't be serious.

He is serious. And don't call him Shirley.

• Locked thread