Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Haha, holy poo poo I legit know that Green Deadpool. That's my buddy Jim! He's not at all employed by Marvel (or anyone for his costuming) and it's still a hobby for him, but I'll be sure to tell him you thought it looked good, Flanker!

I went as the Doctor (10, for easy-mode, but hey) but day 2 I looked like poo poo, and it was my first time cosplaying so I don't know if I should post and get ridiculed :ohdear:

(Also, if anyone saw the Doctor lineup in the main lobby on Saturday afternoon/evening, I totally set that up :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Classtoise posted:

Haha, holy poo poo I legit know that Green Deadpool. That's my buddy Jim! He's not at all employed by Marvel (or anyone for his costuming) and it's still a hobby for him, but I'll be sure to tell him you thought it looked good, Flanker!

I went as the Doctor (10, for easy-mode, but hey) but day 2 I looked like poo poo, and it was my first time cosplaying so I don't know if I should post and get ridiculed :ohdear:

(Also, if anyone saw the Doctor lineup in the main lobby on Saturday afternoon/evening, I totally set that up :v:)

Oh no he happened to be at that booth when I saw him. The two ladies dressed at Spiderwoman, Blackwidow, Phoenix and Lady Deadpool, and the dude dressed as Hawkeye and Venom are the pros.

Other PAX Costumes

Marvel costume contest

Loki you're late go home

warhams

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

I would run away from that guy and never stop. :stare:

That Space Marine is pretty awesome, too. I know people who make cloth costumes and such, but full on custom-made armor and such never fails to completely blow me away.

Man, guys, I wish I had gone to PAX East. Or that I had the time/money to do PAX Prime. Sadly, it's probably just GenCon for me this year. :(

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
Now I saw goodbye to Ghost, my standby costume since 2010. Modern Warfare 2 came out in 2009, so it's getting dated and I don't feel the CoD characters are as timeless as more mainstream comic book or movie characters.

Many conventions are increasingly clamping down on prop weapons so I strolled around PAX east with no rifle or side arm.

I also feel the costume is creatively dishonest when compared to others who put dozens of man hours into crafting a complete character from scratch. I bought a ten dollar mask and throw on some gear I have laying around. The only reason I wore this to PAX is that it is specifically a gaming convention and Ghost is a game character. All that being said people always recognize him and appreciate the costume.

Ghost debriefing Commander Fury

Ghost saluting USAF Major Carol Danvers

Cheers buddy it's been a blast

bonus Youtube highlight reel (Ghost originated from a Halloween shotgun match where it made for a very practical costume)

http://youtu.be/Tt5jdn3DNqQ

http://youtu.be/BBH9jn58PTY

http://youtu.be/0EPn2soHZps

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

morcant posted:

I would run away from that guy and never stop. :stare:

Nah, it's cool. He's got his key, he ain't goin nowhere.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Why is that Deadpool green again?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Choco1980 posted:

Nah, it's cool. He's got his key, he ain't goin nowhere.
I dont know that character, who is it?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

FRINGE posted:

I dont know that character, who is it?

Phanto. They're from Super Mario Brothers 2 (And presumably Doki Doki Panic or whatever it was in Japan). Basically, inanimate masks, but you're forced to pick up a key to progress. For as long as you're holding the key, phanto will chase you down.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

veedubfreak posted:

Why is that Deadpool green again?

3 answers to that:
Deathwish which is Doom

St. Patricks Day!

He does lots of "mash-up" costumes. He wanted to make a non-"permanent" Deadpool outfit with new fabric and materials, so he decided to use some green to make Green Lantern Deadpool and try it out.

quote:

Ghost saluting USAF Major Carol Danvers
Colonel :smugbert:

And I'm with you, Flanker. My Doctor cosplay was pretty much just poo poo I bought on the cheap that looked good.

Next year I'm aiming for either Cid or Mega Man, so it's less "I basically just bought this and took out my nice suit."

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Flanker posted:

One of the better Deadpools I've seen, with white contacts and very articulate face. He should have just been red or grey and killed it.

This is pretty awesome, I don't understand why more people wouldn't go this route

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Isn't this guy a goon?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Isn't this guy a goon?

In the grim dark future there are no orange boots. loving fabulous otherwise. Goddamn.

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

You can get high heeled shoes without a heel, if that makes sense, if I were going to make a pair of goaty-hooves I'd probably use a pair like this

They were made pretty popular by lady gaga a few years ago and can be bought pretty cheaply online now, I saw a pair for £5 the other day.
I doubt they're those crazy ballerina shoes, from what I've seen they are excruciating to walk in and only really sold for editorials and photo shoots, instead of shoes you would walk around in, even at a convention.

Yeah, that's the same principle as the goat legs Balsac from Gwar uses.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/f291e135ea6ca141648cc559d70d0562/l.jpg
http://www.bobgorman.com/images/balsac-leg-photo1.jpg

It's really just a simple trick, but the legs look crazy if he just bends his knees a bit because of the huge platform sole.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I won't be REALLY amazed until I see someone cosplay Ornstein and Smough.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kikka posted:

I won't be REALLY amazed until I see someone cosplay Ornstein and Smough.

Ornstein came up pretty quickly:

http://virus-91.deviantart.com/#/art/Dragonslayer-Ornstein-Cosplay-Naka-Kon-2013-360488599?hf=1

Smough is proving harder to find. :sweatdrop:

Bonus:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Flanker posted:

Oh no he happened to be at that booth when I saw him. The two ladies dressed at Spiderwoman, Blackwidow, Phoenix and Lady Deadpool, and the dude dressed as Hawkeye and Venom are the pros.

Other PAX Costumes

Hey it's us! The Cammy in blue is my GF, and the Journeyeres are friends of ours that met up with us there. Sadly, I'm not the key guy, I wish I had come up with that :(

Our pictures are up on her page: https://www.facebook.com/NorseDanceParty

LanceKing2200 has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Mar 29, 2013

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
A tad off topic, but any goons at Sakura con this weekend?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Big ol' image dump coming in. Just got back from Wondercon. Nice to be able to hit up a convention since my SDCC plans were a bust this year. Some great costumes on the whole, though I only stayed until about Noonish and probably missed a lot. Surprised there weren't many of the new Lara Croft this year and not a single Juliet Starling, but definitely a lot of Finn/Fiona's, Steampunks, and Star Wars, even by normal convention standards. Anyway, here's a collection of today's cosplay :toot:

Ahhh I'm so happy there were a couple Dippers and Mabels (and one Waddles)!

Dis Ironhide :stare:

Hands down one of the best of the day. poo poo looked crazy real

(the paper Mario moved, too. It was great)

:3:

Bangaraaang!

Haters gonna hate

Want that Appa

"So, they're all clones? Does that mean they can, like, give each other oral and it's not technically gay?"

Personal favorite was this Death. Simple design but you rarely see her done right or without caked layers of makeup. This girl owned.

Axel Serenity has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Mar 31, 2013

scottyj
Feb 17, 2011
I recognize a lot of those from Wondercon today, I'll try not to replicate. Still going through photos but I have these to offer. One very popular Joker and a smug looking Superman.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Axel Serenity posted:

(the paper Mario moved, too. It was great)

I think MarioDad on the right is my favorite thing for several pages.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

scottyj posted:

I recognize a lot of those from Wondercon today, I'll try not to replicate. Still going through photos but I have these to offer. One very popular Joker and a smug looking Superman.

Hung over superman with stubble is the best superman ever

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TontoCorazon posted:

Hung over superman with stubble is the best superman ever

Especially when he's having a herpes outbreak.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Snowy posted:

Especially when he's having a herpes outbreak.

Well the dude parties hard and gives no shits about it, do you know why? Cause he's scumbag superman.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
they don't make condoms in Kryptonite flavors.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Choco1980 posted:

they don't make condoms in Kryptonite flavors.

That depends who you talk to.

scottyj
Feb 17, 2011
Got a few more here for you guys.

Loving that batman tattoo.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

scottyj posted:

Loving that batman tattoo.

Clearly, this should have been the direction they went with in the live action Super Mario Bros. movie. With, uh, Game Boy GPS tracking for Daisy and a ROB for Luigi.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Axel Serenity posted:

Personal favorite was this Death. Simple design but you rarely see her done right or without caked layers of makeup. This girl owned.

Is there a specific thing that this version of Death is from? Obviously, Death is a pretty nebulous character :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That design is from The Sandman. The Gaiman one.

Forti
May 5, 2009

greth
Nov 12, 2008

Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?

The Sunny-D in a Stella Artois glass is what makes this beautiful. So grossly incandescent... :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Is there a specific thing that this version of Death is from? Obviously, Death is a pretty nebulous character :v:

Specifically it looks a lot like her outfit in Death: The Time of Your Life

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Haha, I have a bunch of those Stella glasses because I one time placed in a Stella pouring contest that I didn't know I'd enter. Good memories.

Here's a costume I've enjoyed seeing come together, I think it's a dark elf from WoW by Lightning Cosplay.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Speaking of Sandman, here's some pictures of Delirium.

I mean pictures of someone cosplaying Delirium.

Timg'ed because while technically worksafe, it's cutting it close.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
The girl is ridiculously sexy and cute at the same time. It's a rare combination.

Is her heterochromia part of the costume or is that real? Either way it looks way cool.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Delirium herself has two different eyes; with the detail that went into the rest of the outfit, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a contact.

The only thing that could make that costume better would be if she were walking a floating fish on a leash; really outstanding effort there.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FreshFeesh posted:

Delirium herself has two different eyes; with the detail that went into the rest of the outfit, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a contact.

The only thing that could make that costume better would be if she were walking a floating fish on a leash; really outstanding effort there.

Fish would have been neat but barnabus would have been fine too.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

She's wearing a press badge. I wonder if she interviewed people dressed like that?

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
I haven't read a comic book since Watchmen, is Sandman worth picking up?

This thread is piquing my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
As a big Sandman fan (but even more a fan of Lucifer, a spin-off), I'd say go for it. Don't judge the series by the first two books though, it really starts picking up after that. There are some really engaging stories presented therein, both the one-offs and as part of the overarching plot.

And a bonus friend of mine as the Hulk a few years back:

• Locked thread