Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Trast posted:

I keep saying if HBO wants something violent and grim dark they should just make an Eisenhorn mini series. Considering how cool you and your friends outfits turn out imagine working with that kind of budget.

I would unironically work on costumes for an Eisenhorn miniseries for a pittance. Pay me like $5.00/hour and materials and we have a deal, HBO, I'll quit my job and be on a plane by this evening.

I suck at styling wigs so this kind of poo poo blows my mind a little.

Apollo Justice by Malindachan

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It will never happen. GW would request 100 billion for just the rights to use the name and "warhammer40k". Then sue if anyone accidently says "space marine".
Also they would require you at your cost to release a new movie every two years with the same actors and costume but slightly different lines.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

LingcodKilla posted:

It will never happen. GW would request 100 billion for just the rights to use the name and "warhammer40k". Then sue if anyone accidently says "space marine".
Also they would require you at your cost to release a new movie every two years with the same actors and costume but slightly different lines.

I just want a Gaunt's Ghost movie :(

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JEEVES420 posted:

I just want a Gaunt's Ghost movie :(

Watch Platoon but turn it off after the napalm hits.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey remember when GW paid to have a movie made about ultramarines?

Boy they sure do make some sound decisions as a company.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Trast posted:

I keep saying if HBO wants something violent and grim dark they should just make an Eisenhorn mini series. Considering how cool you and your friends outfits turn out imagine working with that kind of budget.

Intro to the first episode should be the introductory chapter to the first book. Just shots of Eisenhorn chasing his target through the hellish environment that was the cryo-crypts, just fade-ins and outs, Eisenhorn getting shot at, shooting back, half-naked-half-frozen people screaming catching bullets meant for someone else, the old woman begging our hero for help and getting put out of her misery, interspersed with a somewhat cut down version of his Soliloquy about what it means to be him, to do the job.

Heretic is cornered at the edge of the landing pad, opens his mouth to taunt Gregor.

Is fed a mouthful of autopistol and gets the back of his head blown out. Gregor stares down at the guns, grips lovingly carved and adorned.

Bam. Title screen.
Fade to black.

That first chapter is what pulled me into the books and I've never looked back.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Ignite Memories posted:

Hey remember when GW paid to have a movie made about ultramarines?

Boy they sure do make some sound decisions as a company.

Paid 50 bucks for it...watched it once. The metal case it came in is pretty cool so I guess there is that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trast posted:

I want a proper Inquisitor party (c)RPG. Is that too much to ask for?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought something that may end up a part of babbies first cosplay.

Arsenal/Roy Harper in the works.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rhyno posted:

I bought something that may end up a part of babbies first cosplay.

Arsenal/Roy Harper in the works.

Next Stop: Trucker Cap!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Next Stop: Trucker Cap!

Possibly! I was thinking the YJ version, I have something very similar to his harness from my paintball days.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Trast posted:

You mean a Gotrek and Felix series right?

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.
Here's a pretty good compilation from London Super Comic Con

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkiEPrg_jo

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I thought this was impressive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dick Trauma posted:

I thought this was impressive.

I...I...I think I need a few minutes alone.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I'm not a huge fan of Attack on Titan but this photo is super badass and the costume is reallllly well made.

Cosplayer goes by ChiisaiSaku.

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

McPantserton posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Attack on Titan but this photo is super badass and the costume is reallllly well made.

That is definitely one of the more clever concepts I've seen with Eren. Good find!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

McPantserton posted:

Kind of neat but the eye turns it from cool to :downs:, I can't help but see the face lopsided.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Imgur.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'd like to be the Ghost in her Shell.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It looks like the tips of some fingers are starting to push their way out of her stomach. What is that? :stonk:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Thought this was Raistlin Manere at first, but they're holding a sword, not the Staff of Magius.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Magicka?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I'm pretty sure, yeah. It's a pretty meh singleplayer game but it's utterly brilliant with friends.

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
Warning: May cause friendships to end!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

ScotchDK posted:

Warning: May cause friendships to end!

Magicka and Illuminati: When goddammit, you're just plain sick of knowing and liking people.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm surprised I haven't seen any cosplay related to the Hannibal TV show. Some Ravenstag/Hannibal stag seems like an obvious choice for the fandom.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

People just aren't mad about Mads enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cross-posting from the Team Fortress 2 thread because this is simply one of the greatest props made.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That is insane and I wonder if by the con he'll be able to pick it up.

ufarn posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen any cosplay related to the Hannibal TV show. Some Ravenstag/Hannibal stag seems like an obvious choice for the fandom.

That'd be what, just some really expensive suits?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

That is insane and I wonder if by the con he'll be able to pick it up.

That'd be what, just some really expensive suits?
Mostly a lot of black body paint.

pantsofdoom
Nov 20, 2003

i like pants

Wade Wilson posted:

It looks like the tips of some fingers are starting to push their way out of her stomach. What is that? :stonk:

It's the center seam of her nylons that she's wearing under the bodysuit.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Scyantific posted:

Cross-posting from the Team Fortress 2 thread because this is simply one of the greatest props made.

Jesus Christ. :stare:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Holy poo poo, talk about raising the bar. That's impressive.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

The Calgary expo was last weekend and had some really good stuff. This a very, very few photos from it. I didn't take any of these.

Batman/Star Wars mashups

Same guy as the Joker/Darth Maul in the previous picture

Samurai Hello Kitty, ??, Jedi

A terrifyingly good Red Skull

Old school Iron Fist!!

Dr. Krieger

Little kids dressed as Avengers were running around hitting each other in one corner and it was the funniest thing.
And beating up the Joker apparently.

And I was She-Hulk! Fun but I was getting green out of my ears for a week.

I have realized am loving terrible at not touching my face or my wig so my makeup was all janky by the end of the day. Next time I am hairspraying that sucker into cooperating.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Solenna posted:

And I was She-Hulk! Fun but I was getting green out of my ears for a week.

I have realized am loving terrible at not touching my face or my wig so my makeup was all janky by the end of the day. Next time I am hairspraying that sucker into cooperating.

Daaaaamn girl great job.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Solenna posted:

Old school Iron Fist!!

The guy on the left is a pretty specific Mass Effect 2 costume. You (originally) could only get it from also owning the first Dragon Age game.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

The amount of effort people put into all this is really impressive. I've never really gone to a con but I dip into this thread sometimes and while I'd probably never do any myself I'm always amazed at what people manage to do.

Great Darth Maul, spot-on She-Hulk too.

Edit: also that old school iron fist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Solenna posted:

The Calgary expo was last weekend and had some really good stuff. This a very, very few photos from it. I didn't take any of these.

Took me waaay to long to recognize the one on the left as Female Sith Lord Robin. The Star Wars "R" on the belt is a nice touch.

• Locked thread