Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Dump from PAX East today here. I just got this nifty new point and shoot and apparently drastically overestimated its abilities. Or I'm just not using it right, could be either.

I don't know what any of these are, but I believe they're all from League of Legends.

...Yeah, screw you too random person's elbow.

Krieger and his girlfriendwaifu.

Variety Pack! Team Fortress 2, Metal Gear?, generic zombie?

Spider man on assignment.

A zombie. Apparently she was connected with the booth behind her, either way looked cool.

Zelda related I believe.

Formal uniform shepard.

Morinth disguised as Samara. I think.

No idea whatsoever on these next two. Anybody know?

Italian plumbers.

Vault dweller and high elf dragonborn.

Batman villain collection. That color caste will teach me to not shoot in RAW...

Anyhow, I'll be back there tomorrow with a camera trying to take pictures of interesting costumes as I wander around. I'm really surprised how many there are at PAX, I had been led to believe that cosplay wasn't that big of a thing there. Also if anybody knows what anything is please let me know! I feel kind of bad thinking the costume looks neat but I have no idea what it is.

fralbjabar has a new favorite as of 04:59 on Mar 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
And here's day 2 of PAX East. I know there were a ton of costumes I missed, but this is what I saw that stood out to me:

Megaman and Samus

Also plague doctorish something in the background there. I wanted to get a picture of him all day but I only ever seemed to see him going the opposite direction from me on an escalator or on the show floor from one of the bridges. And I apparently caught him in the background of the first shot I took today...

Shepard

Chandra, fire hair had lights in it which don't show up very well here.

Kick-rear end

Wreck-It Ralph

Bane and Catwoman

No idea, I'm guessing League of Legends because she was hanging out by the riot booth but I'm not 100% on that.

More question marks.

Another vault dweller

Something very purple?

Zelda group, Zelda blinked in both shots I took :argh:

Unsure of the left here, but a very impressive costume!

The next ones are all League of Legends, but I don't know specific character names.

Female assasin, not familiar enough with the games to know if she's doing a female version of one of the main characters or just a generic assasin.

Hawkeye and ???

No idea again for any of the next three.

Another assasin, again no idea if he's a specific character or not.

The wrist blades were spring loaded and I got a video of him whipping them out, but unfortunately I was a dumbass and kept the camera in portrait orientation while doing so.

Pokeymons

Cultists, there were more of them wandering around earlier in the day but these were the only ones I managed to catch up with.

And finally, another group of I don't know what.

fralbjabar has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Mar 24, 2013

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Photo dump from PAX East! I wasn't really specifically looking for photos, this is just what I got wandering around and taking snapshots when the opportunity arose. The expo hall was a lot more crowded this year too, probably missed a lot of cool costumes just because I didn't want to stop in the middle of an aisle to get a picture. Click on any of them for table-breakingly enormous.

Hyperlight Drifter (I only know cause she told me). Yes the sword lights up (and is incredibly bright).

A pretty awesome looking Loki, she was vaguely affiliated with one of the booths

WARHAMS! Needs more skulls though.

Not cosplay, but a sweet as hell statue at the 2K booth promoting Evolve

Slightly blurry group shot, no idea what any of them are. I feel like I should know these.

Assasin's creed something-or-other.

No idea.

Here's a new trend, there were at least a dozen different groups going around doing video interviews with cosplayers. I've seen video interviews before, but it's always been one or two fairly professional looking crews who set up in a corner somewhere and interview the really really good cosplayers. This year at PAX though there was a goddamn plague of amateurs like mr. alienware shirt here and his out of shot accomplice wandering around and conducting video interviews wherever the hell they felt like it.

Ghostbusters always seem like cool dudes.

uhhh...?

Oh hey, a sweet Zelda group says I. I think I'll go over and ask them for a picture. NOPE VIDEO CREW OUT OF NOWHERE.

I have no idea what this person's costume is, but they were awesome.

Mortal Kombat maybe?

No ideas, they were with the previous ninja.

Mixed group, Elsa(?), Rogue (?), ???(?)

Jesus, as it turns out, is a pretty cool dude who hung out with us while we were waiting in what turned out to be the wrong line.

I am reasonably certain that this is a pokemon.

Dragon age inquisition. I don't have up close photos but all of her armor pieces were made out of some sort of hard plastic and then painted. Looked really good.

And that's about all I got, if anyone knows what the ones I couldn't identify are I'd love to know. Also someone else here has to have been at PAX East, anyone else got pictures? I saw a lot of awesome cosplay and only got pictures of a small fraction of it.

fralbjabar has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Apr 18, 2014

• Locked thread