Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
This absolutely blows my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Haaaaa, that really makes me want to see people dressed as superheroes posing with common weapons. Maybe Superman with a switchblade or Hulk trying to mace someone.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
There are no fewer than forty replicas of each throughout the country.

Tulsa, Oklahoma has four Jeeps.

It's amusing to see dozens of people from all over the country all go "THAT GUY LIVES BY ME" whenever one is posted :)

One of our members is a big Knight Rider guy, but he's also a pretty great dad.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Lumpy Space Princess is generally a pretty big hit.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
He's not done with it yet, but it's still the most fantastic thing I've ever seen.

Dude hangs out with the LA movie car club and just rides in circles around the cars during the parades... :3:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

My wife went all out on these wings. Can't really tell from the picture, but they have a scaly leather texture.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Boiled Water posted:

Doesn't look like scaly texture but jpeg compression.

I knew I should have saved that as a PNG! :doh:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
This kid is my goddamn hero.

DCC was the first time we got to hang out with a Takahashi RX-7

And this fellow came all the way from Durango.

I am so totally in love with that Beetle. It is the cutest thing on four wheels.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Jedit posted:

There's a lot of classic Beetles painted as Herbie. I nearly got run over by one last year, and told the driver to tell her goddamn car to look where it was going.

You're not kidding. This is from a single regional meetup in 2011.

There are no fewer that 4 New New Beetles in the Denver area done up as Herbies by a dealership who then pawned them off as authentic replicas. They aren't terrible, but they are rather 'boilerplate.' This one belongs to someone who has been coming to meets who hadn't really seen the movies before they bought the car.

However, the Herbie I posted earlier is the first "real" Herbie that I've ever seen in person, so I was incredibly excited. The owner is an incredible sweetheart and I am sad that he lives 7 hours away.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

veedubfreak posted:

Was it actually a 63? Having been basically raised going to and judging air cooled VW shows it always annoyed me to no end when people would do stupid Herbie poo poo to cars that were not 63 ragtops.

I thought of painting my 58 flat black and putting 35 on the side and calling it Herbles, Herbie's older evil brother.

It was, supposedly the entire engine was original save for a distributor cap, plugs, and I guess it was converted to 12v before he got it. Also, you should look up Horace the Hate Bug ;)

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Since 2008 I've been working toward building a replica car club here in Denver. Our first group photo was pretty lame.

We shot our second group photo last weekend.

Colorado Movie Cars members present: Bluesmobile, General Lee, Ecto-Magnum, Starsky and Hutch Torino, Umbrella Corporation Unit, Initial-D AE86, Squad 51, Bearcat (spousal honorary member), American Graffiti 1932 Coupe, Bumblebee, Black Beauty (in-progress), spy-themed Alpine, Herbie the Love Porsche, Highlander Citroen, 2008 KITT, General Lee again, Doc Hudson, and Jurassic Park Jeep.

Absentee CMC vehicles: Batman Vespa, Blue Angels Trans-Am, Bumblebee #2, Cold Warrior Jeep, Death Proof Nova, FLCL Vespa, third General Lee, GI Joe motorcycle, Hazzard County Sheriff, classic Herbie, New Herbie, Initial-D Mazda Rx-7, Jurassic Jeep #29, Jurassic Jeep #18, classic KITT, Magnum PI Ferrari, Pursuit Special, Supernatural Impala, Pizza Planet truck and the Mystery Machine.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
No Condormobile or Blue Thunder, zero out of ten. :v:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

pentyne posted:

How badly are you trying to find someone in the state of CO with a working DeLorean?

We actually had one for a while! This belonged to the guy who founded the club with me.

He still has all the parts, he just sold the car. We'll have one again, one day.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Summer means scooter time!

Click for bigger and prettier

Click for bigger and prettier

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

ufarn posted:

Is that the He-Man sword?

More like the sword of foam-ens.

Painted nerf sword.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
The coolest thing ever came to our car show last weekend.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Doggles posted:

The rest of the set featuring general cosplay, the parade, and a Wreck-it Ralph photoshoot/meetup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thekog/sets/72157635352952329/

I thought I had managed to ease off the angryfist nerdraging over steampunk years ago.

But steampunk Tetris. Steam punk tetris?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
It has been nearly a year since I started trying to get all three of these things in the same place at the same time. Finally got them together.

Need an Akira bike or 1:1 Bebop.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Schindler's Fist posted:

Paging Boomerjinks! Original vehicles from Breaking Bad are up for auction. Skyler's Jeep, Jesse's Toyota, an exterminator's truck, and even Walt's puke green Pontiac Aztek.

There are many items of screen used clothing as well, perfect for foiling sperglords at conventions. "That's not totally accurate!" "Trap sprung, it's the real deal."

Auction catalogs are also excellent reference for costumes.

http://screenbid.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/6/?page=1

I offered them $50.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Haruharuharuko posted:

drat that scooter is sick.

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Sometimes you've gotta mix things up a bit.

This was the Far Away Creations couple that was at a Haunted Hangar event we participated in today.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

CzarChasm posted:

OK, that Doc Ock at about 2:26 is loving great.

Wanted to post this. I worked at an elementary school doing IT and library stuff around the time Spider-man 2 came out, and I wanted to build a Doc Ock for the 300 kids who would unquestionably be spidey that year. The foam segments are brilliant, I think Adam Savage made one this way for Patton Oscorp Oswalt.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Scyantific posted:

:lol: Oh man that Optimus Prime. :lol:

The helmet is based on a fedora... what the what?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Saw something marvelous at an Acura dealership today.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's not Louis Tully, he's Vinz Clortho. :colbert:

His colander is a little too small and doesn't have enough weird poo poo stuck on it. This one works a lot better:

That's ProtoKev, I think. He lived near St. Louis not long ago and was kind enough to let me and my friends crash on his couch while taking the car to New York. Dude has a MASSIVE amazing prop collection.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Are we outing fellow goons with fantastic cosplays? Is that what we're doing?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Haruharuharuko posted:

I approve

Though the question is did she defile that gorgeous instrument by adding a rip cord to the back.

She did not. It's the real-deal, and she actually plays bass so she is getting real use out of it. One of those situations where if you do it right, musical people will hate you and if you do it wrong, cosplay power nerds will hate you. I think she made the right choice. Find a chinese replica, however: DRILL BABY DRILL!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

PezMaster posted:

Thanks (to you and the other couple goons) - that means a lot to me :) The Slave Leia was my first 100% hand crafted costume, and I have always been worried about the design, but I'm glad it's being received well. It's a relief.

Whyyyyyy didn't you post the picture from the trash compactor set???

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Took a few photos last night at our local Joint Dark Energy Mission lab.

Click for huge

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Haruharuharuko posted:

Modern Catwoman

....on a freakin' foam batpod!!!! :swoon:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
A friend of my wife recently had a discussion on their facebook page about cosplaying and tattoos. They are a pretty balanced crew and the comments were wildly positive, but I think we all know the real answer is that everything you do must be solely for the enjoyment of others, and anything that ruins their immersion is terrible. :reject:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

McPantserton posted:

Since we've all been chatting all day, here's something hilarious, my first costume of all time from back in 2002!

Things have changed a bit since then.

It would be really neat to see a cosplay version of Celebrities posing with younger versions of themselves.

I'd love to see that timid Selphie with badass cigar-chomping space marine's hand around her shoulder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Opopanax posted:

The same thing that happens to everything else :downs:

Poor Toad.

• Locked thread