Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
I'm hoping this is the best place to ask for advice.

I'm going to Ayacon at the University of Warwick (UK) in August, and whilst I'm not planning on cosplaying for the whole weekend, one of the big events is a formal cosplay ball, with formal wear a requirement for entry. I've never cosplayed before, and I'm fat. Ideally, I'd like to cosplay to my body type, but needing a formal version of a character's outfit. What I'm really needing is some suggestions for which characters might be suitable for me to cosplay as, if you guys wouldn't mind providing said suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
I'm female. And it's an anime con.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Thanks, everyone. I think I've decided on my cosplay now - I'm pretty much set on cosplaying Stocking from Panty and Stocking. Mainly because I love the hair.

And there is one episode where she gains a lot of weight, so it's totally canon in case anyone does give me grief.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I would buy a pinup calendar of that man.

Me too. Twelve months of that beard, those biceps :swoon:

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.
Funny, I was just about to come post about the Space Marines guy, I was at Ayacon too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktzrIta1_bg

The Space Marines suit in action. Easily the best cosplay that weekend by miles, glad he won the Eurocos position!

• Locked thread