Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Boomerjinks posted:

Haaaaa, that really makes me want to see people dressed as superheroes posing with common weapons. Maybe Superman with a switchblade or Hulk trying to mace someone.

Wolverine with nun chucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

I want to revamp our Krang costume from Halloween for the Calgary Expo next month, but I still can't find a yellow hoodie. I had to use a raincoat before and lasted about 5 minutes, it's ungodly hot and there's no way I'm wearing it in a crowded place all day. Anyone know where I can find a basic yellow hoodie and yellow sweatpants with no wording on them? It's surprisingly difficult, none of the places I expected carry anything close.

have you tried H&M or American Apparel? Or just Amazon? The color Yellow is pretty much in style. Maybe more difficult to find in Canada I guess.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

You know, you'd think by 2013 I'd understand that you can buy anything online. I'll try Amazon.

I make costumes and clothing for a living. The internet is my friend.

Some non serious Content. My cat as Gandalf because..why not.

Also my favorite LSP

and Dexter and DeeDee

Funhilde has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Mar 19, 2013

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Opopanax posted:

You know, you'd think by 2013 I'd understand that you can buy anything online. I'll try Amazon.

I also found this which is cool.
http://www.myjumpsuit.com/bottle-rocket-jumpsuit.html

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Just wanted to post up that there is a cosplay creation thread too if you are needing some advice or have something you want to show off. Some amazing prop and armor folks in there.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

QueenOfMistakes posted:

I'm female. And it's an anime con.

Could you just do a general Gothic Lolita look? OR a sweet kimono? I haven't really seen a ton on anime. In any case wear whatever character costume you want.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

QueenOfMistakes posted:

Thanks, everyone. I think I've decided on my cosplay now - I'm pretty much set on cosplaying Stocking from Panty and Stocking. Mainly because I love the hair.

And there is one episode where she gains a lot of weight, so it's totally canon in case anyone does give me grief.

If anyone gives you grief send them our way.

Anyways love this Ice Queen dress. Like I would like to own it.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

BreakTargets posted:

Video game stuff from this year's Anime St. Louis:

Annie (and Tibbers) from League of Legends

the same Annie, but in her "Reverse Annie" skin

She is so adorable!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Random Stranger posted:

That man looks so close to Wesley Crusher that I want to punch him through my monitor.

Which means that it was a pretty successful costume, I guess...

Those folks got a cute photo with Gates McFadden.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Denver Comic-Con was this weekend. I had a couple of projects I did for other folks but didn't get to go.

here is a good gallery.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/05/31/photos-denver-comic-con-takes-over-colorado-convention-center/#1

This one is awesome.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

What I want is.....This costume.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Valtaherra posted:

So I found this guy who did a pretty ridiculous replica of the new Man of Steel suit and man, if I had any idea how to even begin to get one of these made for myself, holy poo poo

It's not quite screen accurate obviously, but I'd be down as gently caress to own one just like it.

Looks like a single dye dispersed spandex print. Not unlike the spider-men suits. Then it was embellished.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

This is lovely.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I'm certainly not involved enough in the community to speak with any authority, but earlier in the year I was trying to find info on a spiderman suit for Halloween, it was a nightmare. People wouldn't disclose anything about the patterns or templates, where they got them printed or who sewed them together. I ended up just buying a cheap suit from China because I couldn't find any solid info.

I sewed a dye printed Spider-Man for a fellow goon and finding any "how to" was impossible. I should probably post all my process pictures up somewhere.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Kali11324 posted:

Maybe we can get slightly back on topic. My son would really like to be Connor from AC3 for Halloween but I'm not ok with spending $$$. They have some amazing costumes online but they start at like $170.00. Any advice on where to find steps to make one on the cheap?

Maybe head to the cosplay-creation thread and ask for some advice.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Also Check out Instructables for possible tutorials on projects. http://www.instructables.com/index

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Say Nothing posted:

Looks better without that.

These pictures are really creeping me out.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Patattack posted:

Does it still count as cosplay if you don't go to a convention, but still put a crapload of effort into it? Here's my Halloween costume, for which I spent the last five months sewing (and growing a moustache):

For reference (Gangs of New York):

This is awesome! Did you make the hat? Any progress pictures?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

I love this.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Schindler's Fist posted:

The San Francisco Opera had an epic costume sale this weekend. People lined up Friday night to get in early. They had filled their large scenic workshop warehouse full of outfits, ranging from Biblical to sci-fi. Faux armor, capes, hats, gowns, pretty much you name it. I saw a few guys get robes, priest-ish tall hats, and scepters, possibly they were starting their own religion...

I was mainly there in support of my wife, and I came across a full length leather duster that had been textured to look like it had been worn through Hell. $35. You couldn't buy the fabric for the costumes for what they were charging.

The most expensive items were the 17-1800's gowns with enormous hoop skirts, jewels, and embroidery, at $300.

This happens every five years in SF, and I'm sure it happens with opera and theater companies all over.

Photo gallery here:
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/S-F-Opera-s-used-costumes-go-for-a-song-at-grand-5341073.php

Pretty jealous of my friend that went.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

404GoonNotFound posted:

One more from ECCC:

This is awesome.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

VendaGoat posted:

I got a picture of Inspector_666 over the weekend.

Unacceptable!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

PezMaster posted:

This one?

(Set was by the local 501st. They also had a "shoot Greedo" set, which I took full advantage of)

This is great.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Been working on a Riddick costume for a client. Picture is from Starfest in Denver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

VendaGoat posted:

Very nice, but do you have anything up close?

Yup.

I posted some process photos in the other thread.

Here are some of his other photos.

• Locked thread