Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

TheBystander posted:

And this is how you can tell the game was made by the same team that made the old SRWs. Thank god this is not longer a problem.

Thank god for carry-over upgrades and refunds huh? I remember back when OG Gaiden was about to be released and Terada, the director himself, came out and advised people of the one notable mech that didn't carryover upgrades.

Also I keep reading Razma as Ramza. It makes me wonder what kind of mech he'd pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

From what I remember of this game, Pharsti is probably my favorite character. That said, I remember very little of the actual plot of the game.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Ah, this game. This LP just inspired me to play through the entirety of it a few days ago, and the writing is still just as amazing as I remembered it...even if the gameplay was pretty repetitive.

Anyways, I actually beat that entire game without the IAS system and with little use of saves (in fact, the only reason I used those saves was because lategame, the maps just drag on for fricken ever), and what made it possible was setting my "DEF/ESC" and "POW/HIT" sliders all the way to the right, as every point of Defense only seems to shave off 50 points of damage while points of ESC makes you 5% less likely to be hit, and it's the same deal with the "POW/HIT" slider. Combine this with the fact that I always did only the bare minimum needed to finish missions, and you've actually got a pretty hard game, to the point where I felt I had to grind on the boss of Chapter 11 and the two bosses of Chapter 18 just to get through it, and still only barely managed to scrape my way through the final chapters. Because for those who haven't seen this game, enemy stats are RIDICULOUSLY inflated in the lategame.

Anyways, looking forward to more of this LP, so keep up the good work, and if you're willing, try setting the "DEF/ESC" sliders to the right, as I believe that'll definitely shrink those crosshairs (though then again, I remember that you could always dodge anything, even 100% attacks, by just making a big circle across the screen the entire time).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
This game seems a lot better than I thought it would be, considering it's about as far from it's parent material as it can be. Though they seem to have pulled it off somewhat.

TurninTrix posted:

I recalled that Pharsti was pretty amazing, glad I remembered right.
ZOE2 would've been great if we had Pharsti instead of Ada.

Sticky Fingers
Jul 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scintilla posted:

: That’s not a real concern, as they completely overlooked two men; Mr. Yukito and myself.

I know that anime dudes looking like women is a thing but this is just silly.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Jughead Jones posted:

I know that anime dudes looking like women is a thing but this is just silly.

Yeah but at least the game is aware of how unusual Phil looks. A lot of anime games wouldn't make reference to it.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
The localization team really knocked it out of the park for this one. The dialogue never came across as stilted or strictly a Japanese to English translation. It just all meshes really well, which makes the cutscenes enjoyable. Which is surprising for another one of those Kojima-brand movie-games. :v:

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

IronSaber posted:

The localization team really knocked it out of the park for this one. The dialogue never came across as stilted or strictly a Japanese to English translation. It just all meshes really well, which makes the cutscenes enjoyable. Which is surprising for another one of those Kojima-brand movie-games. :v:

Speaking of Kojima-brand games, I'm grateful to have played Fist of Mars, because it did a tremendous amount to explain what the hell was happening in ZOE 1 and 2. I seriously had no idea what was going on in either game before I played Fist of Mars.

Funny how an overabundance of cutscenes does nothing to help explain a story.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Terminology File #2

It's time to crack open this file again. Only a few this time, there would have been more but the entries for BIS and Task Force Acemos contained minor future spoilers.

--

AI
Refers to "Artificial Intelligence," or any computer in which a human-like intellect has been installed. Pharsti is an example of an A.I.

Cage's Button
An outdated model of wearable player containing the recording of Ares' impromptu performance. Can be clipped onto one's garments for easy mobility,and includes basic features such as playing, recording, and voice memo.

Martian
Refers to those born in Martian territory.

Sphere
Dome-encapsulated city on Mars.

UNSF
United Nations Space Force. Military unit composed mainly of troops from Security Council member countries. Includes the Martian Peacekeeping Force under its jurisdiction.

--

Currently working on the next update. Ned Status - still an rear end.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 27, 2013

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

IronSaber posted:

Agreed, though to nitpick a bit, there are a few minor transliteration errors (mostly stemming from L/R swaps) that slipped through. We've seen one already:

Scintilla posted:

Urenbeck Catapult
Derived from Metatron technology, the Urenbeck Catapult utilizes the distortion and potential energy of space to enable travel through space at great speeds. Because tremendous amounts of electricity and power are necessary to activate this device, it is not used for regular commercial purposes. Currently, a Catapult can be found at L2 on Earth and Deimos near Mars. There is also a Catapult on the L2 on Europa near Jupiter, which is used as the gateway to the Anterior.

"Anterior" probably should've been "Antilia," the colony that was the setting for ZOE1. This error also appeared in the intro text crawl.

I don't think the next one I can remember shows up for a while yet. It's the name of one of the Martian counties (which, with I believe only one exception, are named after actual Martian terrain features). I don't know that it'd really be a spoiler to name it now, but I can hold off on it until it comes up if you'd prefer.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Chapter Four: Double-Edged Sword

Music: Intermission

We managed to scrape together enough money for a single upgrade last mission, so it’s time to visit the Garage to make some improvements.

I end up using my 1700 cash to upgrade the Caliburnus’s laser blade. Once enemies get in range they tend to surround it, thus moving out of range of most of its weaponry. Hopefully this will alleviate the problem, even if only slightly.

As has been mentioned in the thread, enemies also tend to gang up on Semyl due to her low evasion. She also uses energy and ammunition for a lot of her attacks, so sticking a repair kit and supply pack on her should help a lot.

On to the next stage…

Music: 07 – Every Day

:…hands on everything we could. Are you ready, Myona?

: Y-yes…

: You are Myona Alderan. There’s no doubt about that. Strangely, though, your name is not listed on the passenger roster of the Bonaparte.

: What?

: Stowaway?

: ‘Logistics Lewy’, eh? Sneaking people onto ships is an everyday occurrence for that guy. Couldn’t they have come up with a more interesting nickname for him?

: You have to give him credit for making a successful business out of it. He probably didn’t survive…

: There’s more. We don’t know who he was working for. There was something off-kilter about him, but he was cautious. I can’t imagine that he would take a job without doing a background check first.

: So it’s ‘Earth’ again?

:…I’m sure they know about the other two survivors of that ‘accident’.

: Is that all we found out?

: No, there’s one more thing. It’s about Myona’s parents…

: Really?!

:…deceased. The bodies have been identified.

: Oh…I see…

: You okay?

:…Yes. I was expecting that. The fire I remembered that last time may have been from that incident…

: I’m sure you want time to think things over, but the situation is worsening as we speak.

:…and work with us. Not as supporters, but rather, as active members.

: Members?

: I wouldn’t mind.

: Ares?

: Even if I were to refuse, I have nowhere else to go. Worse yet, they’d throw me in jail for having been seen with a terrorist group. All things considered, I would have much more of a future if I joined the team.

:…truth…that’s how I feel.

: And? How about you?

: Ares is right, and if Myona is willing to stay here, I have no reason to refuse. I’d like to join also.

: Good…If you three hadn’t been courageous enough to make it through that calamity, we would have allowed a terrible incident to take place right under our noses.

:…happy that you are joining us.

: Welcome aboard!

: I’m delighted that we will officially be working together side by side, Ares.

: Ah, I see. You like him, don’t you? Don’t do it to yourself – he’s not right for you. He’s the type who looks for much more than just flirting. You don’t match with him.

: Love conquers all!

: *Laughs* Uuuuuugh…

: Myona? Are you okay?

:Whoa! She’s white as a sheet!

: I…I’m fine.

: Okay. Take care of her.

: Uh…

: Don’t worry. She’s a lot more reliable than she seems. You can trust her.

Music: Tension

: Again? What now? Did you see a naked BOY?

: Please don’t make such cryptic comments. Look at this!

Phil turns on a television.

:…inhabitants for 40 years. It enveloped the building in a matter of seconds, taking many lives…The UNSF is currently searching for these people as possible suspects in the case…

: Hey! That’s me!

: drat…framed…

: The UNSF intentionally destroyed the hospital?

: Smells like Ned again.

: Human beings are superior to animals in intellect, but inferior when it comes to morality…he’s living proof.

:…there is anything I can do to help, but I’ll do whatever I can!

: Thank you. But you need to remember one very important thing. We do not wish to solve problems through the use of violence, but we recognise it as one way of getting things done.

: Yes. I understand.

: Good. Now get ready to leave.

: Where are we going?

: Our…goddess?

: Yes. There is a certain woman who grants us her understanding and her support. Her name is Robin O’ Connell…I told her about you, and she would like to meet you.

: Robin? Support? Ah, I see…this facility exists thanks to her. Am I right?

: That’s correct. She works with out team in a secret factory testing new machines…I thought I would check that out and introduce you all at the same time. Would that be all right?

: Certainly. We’d like that very much.

: It’s settled, then. Semyl is taking good care of Myona, so she’ll be fine. Let’s go. Phil! The three of us are going on the Edge. Make sure security’s tight while we’re out.

: Yes, I will take care of it. Bye bye!

This screen should read ‘Scene 04 – Double-Edged Sword’.

Music: Uncontrollable Fear

:…soon!

: Ned…it’s him again. Is he attacking civilian homes now?

: *Cackle* I know that BIS or whatever they’re called has their hideout around here somewhere. I’ll just take my time and burn them out! Heh heh…burn, baby burn!!

: I hate to think it, but there may be a leak. Cage – can you maneuver? I’m going to sit in the gunner’s seat…Just follow my instructions!

: What do I do?

: There’s a factory over there.

:…aren’t you here yet?

: That’s where we’re headed. Once you get there, there is an LEV. I’m worried about Ms. O’Connell.

:…want you to get over there!

: Yes sir! I’m headed to the factory.

Player Phase Music: Sortie
Enemy Phase Music: Sudden Assault

Mission Map:

We get control at this point. At this time the Edge is the only unit on the map.

Ned’s group of troublemakers are dead ahead. In addition to the regular LEV’s there’s a slight addition to the enemy loadout this time.

Two enemy Reg. LEV Model B’s have been put into play. Armed with strengthened laser blades and long-range missile tubes, these guys can be troublesome when you’re trying to string an enemy group out.

There’s not much we can do right now except to move forwards. You can move over the burning tiles without incurring any kind of penalty – they’re classified as Plains and provide no bonuses or penalties at all.

None of the enemies move an inch on their turn.

Suddenly, friendly reinforcements!

: Phil!?

: We made it!

: Myona?!

More reinforcements spawn on the opposite side of the map.

: So, everyone made it. Heh heh…your timing was impeccable this time.

: We heard about what was going on right when you left, boss.

:Anyway…this is bad…I’m really ticked off now. Do they think Martians aren’t human?!

: We’ll stop them. You save Ms. O’Connell!

: Are you really okay, Myona?

: Yes…once I heard what was going on, I couldn’t stay sleeping. Come on, let’s do what we can!

: Myona…you’re right.

: Pharsti, we’re helping out too. Are you ready?

: Affirmative.

:…boys!

: Yes sir!

: (I’ll just survey the action from over here for a while…)

Ned buggers off for a bit, and we are given control again.

Our objectives haven’t changed. Get the Edge to the factory whilst everyone else takes out the trash.

That’s it for this turn.

On the enemy’s turn one of the Reg. LEV’s decides to attack Yukito with missiles. Thankfully they have crap accuracy despite their large damage potential.

Yeah, his chances weren’t great.

The next enemy tries to go after Deckson. Since he has to get to the factory it could be bad if the enemy decides to gang up on him.

Luckily the enemy’s crosshairs still aren’t big enough to be a real threat. Nobody else is attacked this turn.

The enemy has divided its attention roughly equally between our two forces. We’ll start off by taking out the enemy who attacked Deckson last turn.

Cage gained a lot of levels last episode for defeating Ned.

His crosshairs are as big as Razma’s now.

Now Phil can move in and finish him off.

And Deckson moves ever closer to his destination.

On the eastern front I move the Justeen back a little so that he’s out of the enemy’s missile range. Both enemies must now come to us.

The AI simply won’t leave Deckson alone.

Even when you’re using the IAS System it’s still possible to screw up if you don’t take the enemy seriously.

The other Model B attacks Cage.

He misses, though. The enemy moves its eastern units around and now it’s our turn again.

Our advance in the north is about to bog down a bit. The crates in the yard around the factory are classed as Obstacles and inflict movement penalties. The Blade is also in danger of getting left behind and we have two enemy LEV’s making nuisances of themselves. Luckily we can do something about two of those problems.

We can only get rid of one LEV this turn, so targeting the more dangerous Model B is a priority.

Deckson could do with another level, plus the Blade isn’t in range anyway.

That’s him sorted. Now I can move the Blade up, destroy the other enemy next turn and get a move on to the factory after that.

In the east the enemy has been neatly baited. Once again, the Model B is a priority.

The Razma and Semyl combo strikes again.

Just one enemy left on this side of the map, now.

Yukito kicks him in the face, and that’s it for our turn.

The AI decides to go after Phil instead of Deckson. I guess the small transport vehicle looks more vulnerable that Deckson’s massive doomtank.

Another miss. The chances of Deckson not reaching the factory are now zero.

The crippled LEV in the east attacks Razma.

He scores a minor hit and deals a small amount of damage. It doesn’t matter since neither of the remaining enemies are going to live through the next turn.

Semyl crushes the remaining eastern foe, earning another level in the process.

Cage and Phil take down the last enemy together.

Deckson will say this if you manage to defeat every enemy before getting to the factory.

I’ve skipped ahead a few turns and got everyone into this formation in the middle of the city. Why this formation? Oh, you’ll see. Anyhow, it’s time to move Deckson into the factory.

: Deckson! You came! I can’t believe what they’re doing…

: I thought you might still be here…please hurry! We must escape!

: I couldn’t leave before my staff…They’ve all escaped safely now. I’m ready to go.

: Mebius isn’t with you? She already left?

: She left in that frame…

:…pretty clever!

: You scum!

: Hey, don’t move…You try anything funny and it might just hit lil’ Robbie over there.

: You coward!

:…Robin, they told me to bring you in alive, but they never said anything about ‘alive and well’. Maybe a little rough play will shut you up.

: Eeeeeek!!

: *Cackle* And that’s only the first round! Now on to round two…

Music: Offense and Defence

: Wha? Who the heck are you?! Do you want to take her place? I’ll snap that weak frame in half!

: Oh, how manly you are, Lieutenant Ned! Or would you prefer that I called you ‘Scarface’?

: How do you know about that?! Who are you?!

: Just your average Martian.

: Your LEV is no match for the Orcrist.

: The Orcrist? It’s finally complete?

: Yes. She was difficult to handle, so it took a while – but now she’s fully operational!

: AAAH!! Nobody said anything about THIS!!

Ned flees into the middle of the city…

…and summons a bunch of reinforcements.

: You don’t give up easily, do you?

: I can’t go back empty handed! I’ll do whatever I need to get what I want!

Ned powers up, gaining +5 Spirit.

: Ms. O’Connell, are you alright?! Quick, come this way!

: I’ll live…Thank you for saving me.

: Now…let’s get out of here.

: No. We’re partly responsible for what happened to this town. We have to fight!

: Yes sir! (So that’s Robin…)

We’re back in control now. First of all, let’s check out our new unit.

The Orcrist is very different from our other units. First of all, it’s an Orbital Frame, not an LEV. This gives it a number of advantages – it can fly, so it ignores movement penalties over rough terrain. It also uses no energy or ammunition for its standard attacks, and like Cage’s LEV it gains power by levelling up. There are some disadvantages, however. Whilst its normal attacks carry no cost, its Burst Attack, Moonlight Ballista, costs a massive 50 energy to use. Its ability to fly is also something of a double-edged sword – it’s not affected by movement penalties, but it also doesn’t get any terrain bonuses whilst it’s in the air. You can order Orbital Frames to land, but then they have to deal with movement penalties.

That’s not really a concern at the moment, so I have Mebius move down towards the main combat zone. Speaking of which, those are some odd-looking things Ned brought with him. Let’s have a look at them.

These unmanned aerial drones aren’t much of a threat. Their beam guns can hurt but they’re so fragile and have such low stats that our units can kill them easily.

If you’re wondering about Ned, he’s exactly the same as he was last time we saw him. The extra Spirit boost he just got means he can use Death Rave right away but he doesn’t bring anything truly new to the table.

Let’s begin by showing off Semyl’s Burst Attack, Star Carnival.

The one thing these guys have going for them is that they’re small enough to be a pain when in IAS mode.

The carnage is beautiful.

Seriously, this is just embarrassing. I feel like a bully or something. Ned must be facepalming inside his cockpit so hard right about now.

That’s all for my turn.

Despite my earlier remarks, these guys can be quite painful if they manage to land a hit.

The other two drones go after Cage, who manages to dodge both.

Ned seems to hate Yukito, since he went after him in the previous mission as well.

Uggggghhhh

Good job that’s the end of his turn.

First thing’s first.

Another drone goes down.

Time to try out Yukito’s ZZ Grenade. It’s one of the strongest attacks we have, but sadly Ned is inside its minimum range.

Cage brings the last drone down to critical and I end the turn.

I’m not having much luck with Ned today. The damaged drone attacks Cage, but nothing comes of it. My turn comes around again.

Cage takes out the last drone. Now it’s only Ned left, and as luck would have it his attack on Phil has brought him into the Orcrist’s attack range.

Yeah. Orbital Frames can do some scary damage with their basic attacks. And they cost no energy or ammo at all.

Particularly when you score a critical hit.

For the finishing blow, Yukito busts out his Burst Attack, Burn Stormer.

Look at all that lovely exp.

Suddenly, a new enemy appears!

Music: Black Ops

:…special.

: Shut your mouth! What are you doing here, anyway?

: We’ve carried out our plan. Even he can’t do any more than this. We’re done here for now…

: drat! They’re getting their way!

: I’d appreciate it if you didn’t let that happen. I don’t particularly enjoy cleaning up the mess afterwards.

: F…fine…

Nadia retreats, taking Ned with her.

: They’re gone…

: Good! Our strategy’s been completed. Let’s go!

BIS also retreats and the screen fades out.

Music: Every Day

:…Ms. Robin O’Connell.

: I’ve heard about you, Mr. Midwell. I look forward to working with you from now on.

: L…likewise.

: From LEV’s to weapons, capital and food – everything we need to stay active – is ours to use thanks to her.

: It’s not as if I did anything; it’s an inheritance. The Robin Foundation is what I consider to be the most effective way of spending my money.

: The Robin Foundation?

: Someone coined the term one day, and it stuck. We donate funds to those who are willing to fight for the Martian cause…that’s the Robin Foundation. Do you understand, Mr. Midwell?

: So you protect everyone from trash like Ned?

: Hmm? Of course.

: In that case, I’ll call you Cage too. I’m Mebius, nice to meet you.

: Hello.

: And you…you’re Myona?

: Yes.

: Aw come on, sis. ‘Beast’ sounds bad.

: He knows it himself, which makes it even worse. If he does anything, just let me know. I’ll discipline him.

: A stuffed animal?

: You have to respect life. This is just a reminder…it’s very special.

: Yes, I…thank you!

: And this must be Ares. Nice to meet you.

: O-Orbital…that’s an OF?!

: For real?! Boss, why don’t you tell us about these things?

: If I told you, you’d be badgering me for a ride non-stop.

: Er…

: He sees through us all…

:…frame seem compatible so far.

: Compatible? Frankly, I’m more interested in how compatible she is with me, not the frame…

: OW!!!

: VERY compatible with your foot!

: Come to think of it, where’s the old man? I thought he was with you.

: No idea. He said something about staying in the mountains for a while…

: That’s just PERFECT! He would do something like that. Probably shaved off one eyebrow and spends the day fighting bears.

: Do bears exist anyplace other than Earth? And do you have a better chance against a bear if you have just one eyebrow?

These are very important questions. :colbert:

:…any harm.

: Oh…I see…

: Granted, military strength has been enforced…but what is our plan from now on? The encounter a little while ago…I can’t think of it as a coincidence.

: So what are you saying?

: Perhaps there are traitors in BIS.

: You’re right, that was out of line. Trust is everything. I apologize.

: Leaving our information aside for a minute, I must say that there is something strange with the UNSF’s actions…truthfully, I never thought they were that stupid.

: Hmm…as expected, that disaster was reported as an accident. But I hear that Ned’s actions are causing problems within the UNSF. It may just be a matter of time…

: Yes. For the sake of the innocent lives that fell victim to their actions, we must be careful of what we do from now on.

The screen fades out…

Music: Black Ops

: Nadia. It’s just the two of us now. Call me by my name.

: N-no! I am happy just being at the side of the Lieutenant, so…

: I like you when you’re like that, but I like you more when you are more honest with yourself.

: B-but…

:…Nadia.

: There you go. You are the only one who I will allow to call me by name. Don’t forget that.

: Ah…Bolozof…

: (And you’re the one who will live your life to benefit me…heh heh…)

And that’s that. Ned’s been up to no good, and it seems a new player has entered the game. We’ll be seeing more of Bolozof and Nadia in the future. There’s also one more fighting member of BIS we have yet to meet. Until next time…

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 3, 2013

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Scintilla posted:

Terminology File #1

As mentioned in the first update, the Terminology file in the Options menu contains some relatively detailed information on the various bits of technobabble and science-fictiony stuff that appears in the ZOE universe. I'll be transcribing the entries as we encounter them; the only time I'll hold any back will be if the text contains future plot spoilers, which a few do.

--

Urenbeck Catapult
Derived from Metatron technology, the Urenbeck Catapult utilizes the distortion and potential energy of space to enable travel through space at great speeds. Because tremendous amounts of electricity and power are necessary to activate this device, it is not used for regular commercial purposes. Currently, a Catapult can be found at L2 on Earth and Deimos near Mars. There is also a Catapult on the L2 on Europa near Jupiter, which is used as the gateway to the Anterior.
To further expand, the Catapults utilize compressed space to launch you to relativistic speed (basically compressing the space, and then allowing it's inherent desire to decompress to push). Compressed space is basically the explanation for how anything becomes hidden or is REALLY well protected. In the first ZOE it was used to "hide" weapons caches. The second used it to ludicrous levels to explain shields, and the weapon used to break those shields. The last thing it really does that I remember was allow for "Zero Shift" on the prototype Orbital Frames. Basically it does this by taking the Urenbeck Catapult and miniaturizing it into the frame itself. In gameplay terms, it's teleportation (at least in ZOE2, no idea if it's used at all in FoM).

quote:

LEV
Laborious Extra-Orbital Vehicle. Developed to facilitate the building of space stations and colonies. Manned vehicle used for transportation in space.

Around the time of the game, (2173) LEV's are earths primary weapons platform. They're inferior, but far cheaper and more proliferated than Orbital Frames. In the timeframe of the game, they've managed to hybridize Frames and Levs to create the VicViper, which stands up to Jehuty (the main Frame from ZOE1 & 2) fairly easily. Although Jehuty was not at full strength yet.

And no, I haven't played Fist of Mars, only the two main games.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

In a game full of Egyptian mythology, Orcrist kind of stuck out. Does it turn into a heavy melee suit?

Calax posted:

In the timeframe of the game, they've managed to hybridize Frames and Levs to create the VicViper, which stands up to Jehuty (the main Frame from ZOE1 & 2) fairly easily. Although Jehuty was not at full strength yet.
Yes, that VicViper

In the main game it can transform between ship and Orbital Frame modes, and is actually a pretty fun fight (if you aren't obliterating him with new game plus stuff)

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 26, 2013

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kurieg posted:

In a game full of Egyptian mythology, Orcrist kind of stuck out. Does it turn into a heavy melee suit?

Yes, that VicViper

In the main game it can transform between ship and Orbital Frame modes, and is actually a pretty fun fight (if you aren't obliterating him with new game plus stuff)

But don't fight him in the multiplayer versus mode, because if the Vic Viper player never stops strafing, you can't hit it; it outruns homing lasers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When I was a kid I never figured out what the hell flying did as opposed to just walking around. I never got hit because of the IAS so I didn't know there were terrain bonuses either. :psyduck:

quote:

For anyone who doesn't know, Orcrist is the sword of Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit. I guess "Elfin Bow" is a reference to how it was made by elves.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love how in every chapter we get a new party member.
Hard to believe anyone would give Ned command over anything.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

SSNeoman posted:

I love how in every chapter we get a new party member.
Hard to believe anyone would give Ned command over anything.

Funnily enough we'll be getting another new character/mech next chapter as well. That's okay though because he's awesome and his arrival is heralded by one of the best bits of music in the game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Scintilla posted:

Funnily enough we'll be getting another new character/mech next chapter as well. That's okay though because he's awesome and his arrival is heralded by one of the best bits of music in the game.

"Death doesn't suit me"? I love that guy!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
^That's the one.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Yes, that VicViper

WOOOO! NAKED JEHUTY! SPRING BREAK FRAME JOCKEY STYLE! WOOOOOOOO!

As to the theme naming, It's looking like FoM is kicking it in the balls. The other major frames of note are Jehuty (aka Horus), Anubis, Nephtis, Inhert (Egypts god of war and hunting), Neith and Isis.

Is there any Concept art for Orcrist? One of the most amazing things about the Frames is just how they're designed. Ardjet's cape/funnels (called WISP), Inhert... just, Inhert.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Calax posted:

Is there any Concept art for Orcrist? One of the most amazing things about the Frames is just how they're designed. Ardjet's cape/funnels (called WISP), Inhert... just, Inhert.

The only concept art for this game that I can find are a series of rather small images of the individual mechs. I'll post them all properly later on, but for now here's Orcrist:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Calax posted:

WOOOO! NAKED JEHUTY! SPRING BREAK FRAME JOCKEY STYLE! WOOOOOOOO!

Yeah. Using the vector cannon as Naked Jehuty to shoot the Vic Viper out of the sky is pretty hilarious.

And just as an example of how ridiculous the Inhert is, Ardjet is roughly the size of Inhert's head.
Edit:vv You're right, I just looked up the fight on youtube. Why the hell did I remember that wrong.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 26, 2013

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Really? I could have sworn that Inhert was the size of Jehuty, which is the size of Ardjet.

Although the entire Inhert fight is just INSANE

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Chapter Five: A Voice From Far, Far Away

Music: Intermission

Welcome back. We’ve got quite a bit of money to spend on upgrades, so let’s get down to business.

The Dreizehn’s Laser Blade and Grenade attacks get a boost…

…as do Semyl’s Missiles.

We also snagged a Booster at the end of the last mission. This wonderful item gives a movement bonus of +3 spaces for one turn, and is pretty much tailor made for the Caliburnus.

Our current Garage lineup looks like this. The Orcrist is missing from the Garage since it’s like Cage’s LEV and gains strength by levelling up.

Anyway, on to the next stage!

: You really need to work on your entrance. See, this is why girls aren’t interested in you. What you just did is a classic example of…

: Tha-that’s none of your business! Besides, you’re not really the big Casanova you say you are. I know that in reality, you are…

: I’m really what?!

: Well, er…um…

: Well, do you have something to say or what? If you want me to make you cry, I’ll happily oblige…

Someone smacks Razma from off-screen.

: Don’t you remember what happens when you give my Phil a hard time? Oh, this won’t do at all. There’s a troublemaker acting up when I’m not around…I suppose I’ll just have to train him all over again.

:…I’m sorry…

: Very good.

: So, what were you all giddy about?

: Oh right! Oh my God! They’ve announced that the customs tax on 129 commodities from Earth will be increased for the next three years!

Music: Tension

: This is not good…The commodities include grain and vegetables, right?

: Yes…

: Twede.

: Eek! Wh-when did you come here? Who are you?

:…

: Hello…?

: I’m sorry. That’s Twede, my secretary. Twede, why is it that I haven’t gotten any information on the tax from you?

: I am terribly sorry. The paperwork in question is right here…

:…Yes.

: Phil, was that announcement made in all counties?

: No, just in this one…ach!

: Hmm…a plan to provoke us and cause a breakdown within the institution…

: Most of this can be remedied with the co-operation of the other counties, but rising prices can’t be ignored. This is a bad situation for a community that relies completely on imported produce. It’s going to be more problematic than we can even imagine.

: Unfortunately, no. I hate to admit it, but it’s a well thought out move on their part.

: No…

: Hey, wait up! This is crazy! Them callin’ us terrorists, I can deal with that. But this is like killin’ peeps ‘cause they don’t got money! There’s kids out there who can’t afford to get anythin’ they need, ‘cause it’s hard enough to eat! No way in hell I’m gonna sit and watch this happen! Time to wreck-

: Hey, Ares!!

: Huh? Oh! Silly me, what were we talking about?

: Yeah, yeah! That’s right! I was talkin’ ‘bout sinkin’ you inna Martian sea, wasn’t I! Don’t move!

: I’m soooo scared!

: *Sigh* You’re real stupid.

: Semyl, calm down.

: Huh? Why you all business all of a sudden?

: I know exactly how you feel. Grownups do whatever they feel like doing, and they get by somehow. But children…for them, that’s not always the case. It’s not exactly the same thing, but we all grew up amidst the whims of grownups too.

: I’m angry too, but now’s the time to think about what we’re going to do about it. You, for one, have people you want to protect. Don’t rush into it. We’ll think about it together.

: Razma…

: Razma, I’m impressed. You’ve matured a lot whilst I was away, haven’t you?

: Heh heh, there are other parts of me that have matured too! Here, I’ll show you…

As usual, Semyl gives Razma a good thump.

: Hmph! I was stupid to give you props, even for a second!

: Semyl, your rebuke needs a little more oomph. Here, use this.

: Huh? What’s up with the hammer?

: That would be the ‘Hundred Ton Hammer’. It’s very useful in polite conversation.

: Ah, Yukito. Off in your own world as usual. Don’t worry about those two, though.

: You know what they say about opposites and attraction and all that.

: Thanks, bro.

: For what?

: Okay, then. We’ll be leaving now – after all, we must get busy trying to find the force behind all these activities of late. Goodbye.

: Goodbye. Have a safe trip back.

:…he’s really some kind of wizard? No, that must be it!

: Okay, time to leave fantasy land…

:…Forgive me for interrupting…

:…According to a reliable source, an alleged BIS-owned LEV is wreaking havoc in Pandora Frettum. Ms. O’Connell requested that I relay the information to you, and she is requesting that you head over there immediately to rectify the problem.

: Pandora Frettum?! He-hey!! Just wait a minute! Tell us the details!

: We don’t have time to talk! Come on!

: Uh? What just happened?

: What?

: The pilot onboard the LEV is calling himself ‘Den’. I will be praying for your safety. Good luck…

: Come on. Let’s go!

: Yes sir!

The graphical mess here should read ‘Scene 05: A Voice From Far, Far Away’.

Player Phase Music: Sortie
Enemy Phase Music: Sudden Assault

: Quit it! Listen, it’s like this. You’ll just grow up to be trash, and there’s already enough trash out there. Didn’t anybody teach you that you have to dispose of your trash responsibly by burning it?

: Hey, hey, you’ve got nice eyes. Heh heh. Now that you can see out of them, I’ll show you some fireworks. Some really good ones!

Right on cue, BIS storm in.

: I thought it’d be you. This is getting pretty old.

:…of all, BIS.

: We’re really sick of seeing your face around, Ned. So what are you trying to do this time?

: You listen to me! I’m…

: Couldn’t you have thought of something better? I mean, it’s just Ned, but backwards.

: I thought Scarface was much better. But then I suppose you don’t really concern yourself with things of the past.

: Nobody cares! You’re scum, always doing people wrong…

: Semyl? Is that you?!

: Semyl!! Help! I’m scared!

: Oh!

: Well, because I’m the worst terrorist ever, I’m going to put these kids on those LEV’s along with some bombs and make a big, big mess…

: Who is? If you want to stick your nose in this, that’s fine. But there’s a very delicate trigger on that thing, so you make the slightest mistake, and BOOM!!

: I’ve checked! He’s telling the truth!

: The terrorists used and harmed innocent children to protest against the tax increase. Can you believe there are people like that? And then I’m forced to die trying to save the hostages. Nobody in the world will support you then, and you’ll all starve to death…

: So that’s your plan? We won’t allow that to happen. And for you to use children…Unforgivable!

: *Sob* Okay!

: I’ll just sit here and enjoy the spectacle. Heh heh.

Ned withdraws for the time being, no doubt to sip a martini made from freshly squeezed orphan’s tears.

: Uh…

: Don’t worry about him. It’s the LEV carrying the children we’re after.

:…They’re on autopilot.

: We’ll come up with a solution on this end. Remember – no matter what, hold your fire!

Mission Map:

The player is given control at this point. The enemy LEV’s start out far to the north and will take some time to reach our position. Attacking them with any of our units will result in the bombs going off and us getting a Game Over. For now the best we can do is to shift our forces out of the city and into a park to the west. This will give us better mobility, at least.

The AI moves the three LEV’s down a bit.

For my part I manage to reach the park in good order. All that’s left is to wait until the third turn.

:…let you know; there’s a huge mound of explosives inside the orphanage, too. They’ll go off if you attack me. So I’d be very careful! Heh heh heh!!

: How could he…!! There’s nothing we can do…we have to think of something!

:siren:Music: Wetworks:siren:

Suddenly a new unit appears to the east!

: The weight of your diseased soul will drag you down to the depths…there will be no redemption…

:kamina:

: Wh-who’s there?!

:…Warren.

: Wha?! You’re…you’re alive?!

: If…if you even try to hurt me…do you even know what that means?! That means you’ll be going against the will of Zephyrs!

: Zephyrs. So you work for him now?

: Huh? Uh…no…ha, ha, ha…

: Bro!

: We’ll talk later. Hey. You.

: Uh…me?

:…as you normally would, and take it out.

: Um…I don’t understand…

:downs:

: I said it once. And Semyl. I will save them. Guaranteed.

: Okay. I believe you.

: That’s all. Ending transmission.

A badass just showed up to save everyone’s bacon, that’s what.

: That Frame…I See. Frame Will Be Attached To LEV Containing Children And Will Stand By While Bomb Is Disabled. This Will Enable Us To Attack And Stop LEV And Rescue The Hostages.

: Ah…I guess there’s no other way…okay! Let’s do as he says!

Okay, so here we are. The enemy LEV’s are breathing down our necks, but they’re crappy Security LEV’s so they aren’t much of a threat. As long as we don’t attack them there’s nothing to worry about.

Warren starts pretty far away so it’ll take a few turns for him to reach us. Before that let’s check out his stats.

Wow. Both Warren and the Durandal II are amazing. It’ll tear anything that gets too close to it to shreds. It has better armour than the Caliburnus and more health than it too. It and the Justeen are going to be our main melee vanguard units.

Oh, and Warren’s arrival means that the superb Wetworks theme now plays on every player phase.

Ned begins to move south towards our units.

I’ve skipped ahead a few turns and now Warren is in position.

Now all we have to do is park Warren next to one of the LEV’s and he’ll disable the bomb. We are now free to destroy it at our leisure.

Deckson – saving Mars by shooting children in the face with armour-piercing tank shells.

One down. Also note that although Ned is in front of us we can’t attack him as per his earlier threat. Skipping ahead a bit…

And finally…

: Yeah! We did it! (That guy with the sunglasses is really something else…)

: Noooo!! Not again! They always do this!! That’s it, I’m going to nuke the orphanage!

Music: Offense and Defence

: Wh-when did you get here?!

: Thanks to this Orbital Frame, Vjaya, the bomb has been disabled. Too bad.

Ares!

: Sorry I’m late. It’s not complete yet, so today’s practical use was like the last test.

Ares arrives to save the day, but Ned isn’t finished quite yet…

: You!! Stop this ridiculous act!! Be the true terrorists that you know you are!!

Ned storms over to the park and summons reinforcements. He also gains +10 Spirit. The enemy force is composed of stuff we’ve already seen before – Security LEV’s, Reg. LEV’s and unmanned drones. Ned is also exactly the same as he ever was, so this final part of the mission isn’t too tough.

To start off with Mebius oneshots the nearest drone.

A special scene plays out when the Orcrist first attacks on this stage.

: So that’s an Orbital Frame…it’s movements are so light, and yet its attack potential is infinitely higher than that of an LEV…

: Would You Prefer A Machine Like That?

: Hmm? Uh…no…it’s not for me, I couldn’t maneuver it the right way anyway…and I have no need for anything like that.

: I See…

Cage then targets one of the weak Security LEV’s.

I’ll finish him off next turn.

Our new unit is still hanging around over the orphanage, so let’s take a look at it for a second.

…Wow. Vjaya is pretty amazing, and just look at that 7 movement! No matter where the enemy is, this frame can get to them and eviscerate them with ease. It helps that it has great attacks and a good pilot, too.

In fact, it’s so speedy it can reach the battle area in just two turns. :getin:

For their part the enemy LEV’s try to take us down.

Most seem to like going after Deckson.

One tries his luck against our new toy.

Well, we know who’ll be dying first next turn.

My turn comes around, and now it’s time to get my murder on.

Okay, so maybe I lied a bit and this guy won’t be dying this turn, but he’s sure going to be messed up after this attack.

So that was pretty cool. Now how about Warren?

:stare:

Yeah, OFs tear poo poo apart.

Razma nails a critical on a drone and takes it down in one hit.

Semyl wears down another drone and Phil swoops in to finish it.

Deckson takes out the LEV Warren wounded previously.

I move everyone around a bit. I’d really like to end this mission on the next turn.

The thing to remember about OFs is that, although they’re powerful, they aren’t indestructible. An attack that does 900 damage is nasty no matter what it hits.

The LEV also takes a potshot but misses.

This could be very bad. I’ve had bad luck with Death Rave in previous missions.

My terrible luck continues. Deckson’s in pretty serious trouble now. Luckily the remaining LEV is out of range and whiffs his attack against Yukito.

As things stand I think I can safely end things this turn.

I cherry-tap Ned with Deckson and Phil for some extra experience.

Yukito deals with the missile LEV.

Cage moves up to deal with the final drone.

He gets a lucky critical and kills it.

Ares finishes off the last LEV. Now it’s just Ned.

Semyl puts some missiles in his face…

…and Razma drives in the final nail.

As usual, we get a ton of experience.

: *Phew* It’s over. Thanks for your help, Pharsti.

: ‘Thanks’? Definition Unknown.

: Huh? Definition…? It’s an expression of gratitude…

: I Am Artificial Intelligence With Circuitry Enabling Action. You Are Human. You Owe Me No Gratitude.

: You think so? But we’re a team! We work together!

: Team?

:…machine. So. Forgive me?

:…Yes, Master.

: Good. Thanks.

: Aaaaarrrgghhh!! Don’t ignore me!! Look at THIS!!!

Music: Uncontrollable Fear

: Lie-Lieutenant!!

: Humans? Soldiers? They look like Ned’s guys…

: Scan Complete. Explosives Attached To Larynx Area Of Life-Form…

: A bomb? Is that the throat?

: Don…

: Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

: Wha…

: Detonation Confirmed. Vital Signs Negative…

: See that?! I’ll do the same thing to those you think you’ve already saved!!

: What?! To the children?! Is he telling the truth, Pharsti?!

: Hey, don’t move. You move, and I’ll push the button…

: How could you…!!

: Please Remain Calm. Anger Inhibits Logical Decision-Making.

: May I Make A Suggestion? By Disabling My Limit, We Can Destroy Enemy LEV. Chances Of Success: 99.6482%.

: Really? Are you sure?

: Affirmative. Verbalise Command And It Is Done.

: Okay then, do it!

Music: Danger

:…Anti-Proton Reactor. Outer Defence Mechanism Off.

: What’s this?

It's a Gundam! *Random Leo explodes* Remember what I said about common anime tropes? Of course, it wouldn't be a proper mecha series without at least one upgrade...

: I have confirmed that all mechanisms are ready for the switchover. All systems go.

:…differently…

: This is…the real me…Cage. I am carrying out your command.

: What?! What the hell is going on this time?

: Here we go.

: GO!!

:…The target has been obliterated.

: Wow. Wait, obliterated?

: Completely.

: Even him?

: Why…? WHY?!

: Why?! We had an agreement! Didn’t we?!

: Say something! SAY SOMETHING!!!

Cage continues to shout as the screen fades out.

: I’ll take them home!

: Me too! (I hope Cage is okay…)

: (Cage’s machine is an OF? There must be a story behind this one…)

Yeah, it was pretty clear Cage’s LEV wasn’t normal, considering it upgrades through levelling and doesn’t appear in the Garage.

: I just…I just wanted to stop him. That’s all I was trying to do…

: Stop it, Cage. That’s not your responsibility.

: Everyone, we must retreat! The Security Peacekeeping Force is on its way! Ms. O’Connell will take care of everything else!

: Deckson, I…

: Warren! Will you take his frame? We don’t have much time!

:…Roger. (So that’s the new kid. His handling is good, but…)

:…Cage.

: Cage…I don’t know what to say…

: It’s okay, Myona. Please don’t say anything right now.

And with that, the screen fades out.

Wow. A lot happened in this update. We gained two new Orbital Frames, we finally got rid of Ned and the secret behind Cage’s LEV was revealed. Unfortunately Cage is now depressed as a result of being forced to kill Ned…one wonders how he’ll choose to deal with it.

I’ll be heading to an area with no internet until next Tuesday, so there won’t be any new updates until I get back.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 3, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Feeling bad for killing a serial murderer that just minutes strapped bombs to orphans and then blew up his own guy. Come on, Cage really?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

He's just that good of a good guy.

Also, I'm beginning to sense a theme for the names of all the machines. Durandal, Caliburnus, both are legendary swords... Orcrist is a fantasy legendary sword, and even the tank and APC are called Edge and Blade. I don't recognize any of the other names like Vjaya, but I'm willing to bet that's some sort of sword or something as well.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Tae posted:

Feeling bad for killing a serial murderer that just minutes strapped bombs to orphans and then blew up his own guy. Come on, Cage really?

A lot of people have that kind of reaction to their first time killing someone. Even if it is someone who was just a second ago trying to kill them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I died so many times on this chapter because I didn't get that you had to park Warren next to the kids' LEVs. I am dumb.

Also, gently caress yeah Warren! His Absolute is a badass attack that you have no reason not to use.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tuxedo Ted posted:

He's just that good of a good guy.

Also, I'm beginning to sense a theme for the names of all the machines. Durandal, Caliburnus, both are legendary swords... Orcrist is a fantasy legendary sword, and even the tank and APC are called Edge and Blade. I don't recognize any of the other names like Vjaya, but I'm willing to bet that's some sort of sword or something as well.

Vjaya is indeed a sword from Hindu mythology.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
So it turns out that I do indeed have a (weak) internet connection where I currently am.

Cage not wanting to kill Ned makes more sense when you consider how he's basically just an average joe thrown into combat. He's not a soldier, he's a cleaner who worked on a third rate passenger vessel. It's pretty naive and idealistic to not want to kill anyone, but I can't really fault him for trying to keep his hands clean.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Oh man. I got a copy of this game a few years back when I was like "I must own everything Zone of the Enders related!"

Along with the anime, it does a surprisingly good job of making it known what kind of weird poo poo is going on in spots on Mars. Of course, the best thing about the anime is when an antagonist guy just yells out "JOHN CARTER!" out of nowhere.

I also had no clue about anything branching, despite playing it only a few years ago.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any kind of mythology or legend where the name Bolozof comes from or is it just incredibly stupid?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Unit Art

There seems to be very little in the way of official art for the units and characters of Fist of Mars. If I find any more I'll post them later on, but for now have some unit images and descriptions from the in-game LEV file.

--

Cage's LEV / Testament

Class: LEV
Description: The LEV used by Cage in his escape from the Bonaparte III. Higher-grade than the average LEV, it is equipped with Pharsti, the A.I. who is a source of support to the inexperienced Cage.

Caliburnus

Description: LEV used by BIS. Contains stronger defense structures than the average LEV, but a bit sluggish. Ability to attack and/or serve as a backup support unit. Name means "steel" in Latin. Piloted by Semyl.

Dreizehn

Description: LEV used by BIS. Better at long-range sniper-style shooting than the average LEV. "Dreizehn" is a nickname, meaning "thirteen" in German. Official name: "Torador." Piloted by Razma.

Justeen

Description: LEV used by BIS. Much more agile than the average LEV, and excels in combat involving the "leg" area. "Justeen," along with "Dreizehn," was the nickname given these machines by Yukito; the official name of this LEV is "Francesca." Piloted by Yukito.

Blade

Class: AFV
Description: Tanker used by BIS, designed as a means of transporting human. Since defense mechanisms and other devices are kept to a bare minimum, it is unfit for battle. Replenishment system on board. Piloted by Phil.

Edge

Class: AFV
Description: Tanker used by BIS, designed as a means of transporting various goods. Maintenance resources on board. Moderate defensive capacities, but inadequate for prolonged combat. Piloted by Deckson.

Orcrist

Class: Orbital Frame
Description: First-ever OF used by BIS, designed as mid to long range backup support. Lacking in durability. Piloted by Mebius.

Durandal II

Description: OF used by BIS, designed specifically for close-range combat. Durable, and reserved for the best frame runners in the galaxy. Durandal I (LEV) was destroyed by Warren. Piloted by Warren.

Vjaya

Description: OF used by BIS, whose composition allows for ninja-like agility and speed. Comparatively lower in offensive ability, but can perform two types of burst attacks. Rare model. Piloted by Ares.

Black Frame

Class: Unknown
Description: The mystery machine that destroyed Bonaparte, the spine of which is a bony structure reminiscent of a bird's wing. Completely black, conjures up images of the devil.

--

The designs aren't nearly as beautiful as those found in the Second Runner, but I kind of like the simplicity of them. Most of BIS's Orbital Frames look like heavily modified LEV's, which is probably what they are given that they don't have nearly the budget that BAHRAM does. And I love how Vjaya looks like a murderous purple humpty-dumpty.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2013

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You kind of messed up your [spoiler] tag mate :v:

When is the info about the Durandal I revealed? I don't seem to remember anything about that.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

SSNeoman posted:

You kind of messed up your [spoiler] tag mate :v:

When is the info about the Durandal I revealed? I don't seem to remember anything about that.

As far as I'm aware it's only mentioned in the LEV section of the Options menu.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If there's one thing about the ZotE mech designs, it's the literal cockpits. They get me every time.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Onean posted:

If there's one thing about the ZotE mech designs, it's the literal cockpits. They get me every time.

Best part is them on a 'female' suit like Arjet or Nephtis. It does mess with scale though, because in at least one case I'd guess that Jehuty's cockpit is about 2-3 stories high.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

There are innumerable ways in which I can stop you.
I was just thinking about replaying this game the other day! Great thread so far Scintilla. I got this game for the GBA when it came out since I was really into mecha and anime at the time. I've probably played it through to completion four or five times on long car rides. It's not exceptional in any particular way but it's well put together as an overall package and the story was pretty mind-blowing to me as a kid (and I'm still fond of it today).

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
So it's my birthday today and I just got given the Zone of the Enders HD Collection. It's nice because I never actually managed to get my hands on the Second Runner (It's pretty rare and expensive in Europe), though I have a vague idea of what happens in it from what other people have told me. Between that and my college work if I don't post an update for an extended period of time you'll know why. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Go for it man! You're in for a right treat. I got it for my birthday too and it's an absolute joy! :allears:

Oh, and Happy Birthday :yotj:

• Locked thread