Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sorbus posted:

One of those things is a dragon :confused:

No it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandorv
Nov 22, 2011

This says "I my road go" unless I'm much mistaken. Also, the を is completely wrong and makes the sentence even more incomprehensible in a way I can't communicate well in English. I'm not too versed in Japanese slang, so... so maybe it's just super slangy? Dear God please tell me it's just super slangy.

Edit: Apparently, it's the title of a real Japanese song by real Japanese people, so I can forgive it.

Zandorv has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Mar 18, 2013

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
/edit: ^^^^ really? drat, my money was on "poor literal translation".

I think he went for "I'll walk my [own] path" or something like that, but thought it up in English and then translated it (rather poorly) word-by-word, which would explain the choice of words, grammar and the weird connectors. I don't think the person who wrote that knows a whole lot of Japanese.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: ^^^^ really? drat, my money was on "poor literal translation".

I think he went for "I'll walk my [own] path" or something like that, but thought it up in English and then translated it (rather poorly) word-by-word, which would explain the choice of words, grammar and the weird connectors. I don't think the person who wrote that knows a whole lot of Japanese.

You are right about the meaning but it's grammatically entirely correct. Fairly sure he just copied it from something. It's not slang at all either.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

Zandorv posted:

This says "I my road go" unless I'm much mistaken.

Japanese has reversed syntax. It's more like "I will walk my own road". Say what you will about the rest of it, but there's nothing funny about the writing.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Shampoo posted:

Didn't that guy get a lifetime ban in Soccer for doing that?

He got a lifetime ban from the Greek National Team. His club, AEK Athens hasn't yet said what it's going to do about it.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

I actually like this completely accidentally, like some sort of weird and abstracted fair ride paint

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Zandorv posted:

This says "I my road go" unless I'm much mistaken. Also, the を is completely wrong and makes the sentence even more incomprehensible in a way I can't communicate well in English. I'm not too versed in Japanese slang, so... so maybe it's just super slangy? Dear God please tell me it's just super slangy.

Edit: Apparently, it's the title of a real Japanese song by real Japanese people, so I can forgive it.

That is made by Ben Her aka Horibenny, I am pretty sure he got a grip on what it should say or not.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Yeah totally, look closer. (it's on his hat)

thing on his face is a leaf though, pretty sure of it. Dude is really into horticulture.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I love French Bulldogs, but this is horrible.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

The Monkey Man posted:

I dislike French Bulldogs and I think this is awesome :colbert:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

NewtGoongrich posted:

I dislike French Bulldogs and I think this is awesome :colbert:

I should have specified that the use of Catholic iconography was inappropriate, as the vast majority of French Bulldogs are Huguenots.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Monkey Man posted:

I know these dogs are already goofy as hell but I would have at least made sure the eyes and the jowls were even. Also the paw-pads look like gross rear end cysts.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
This is from the album of gross :nms: poo poo on the last page, so.. :nms: What is happening here? Is that white ink doing.. something?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Fabulist posted:

This is from the album of gross :nms: poo poo on the last page, so.. :nms: What is happening here? Is that white ink doing.. something?

I... what... I don't even know. :barf:

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Posted on an EDC facebook group by the person with the tattoo.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Fabulist posted:

That's a raging infection, duder.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

The Monkey Man posted:

I should have specified that the use of Catholic iconography was inappropriate, as the vast majority of French Bulldogs are Huguenots.

:rolleyes: That's a Boston terrier, and, while originally Methodist, they are now non-sectarian.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Krakkles posted:

I can't read the one down below, but I'll bet it's something stupid too (edit: Appears to be Asian Characters. Yup.). Before anyone gets worried, it's a cropped picture of a guy's arm and very small amounts of his unclothed chest.

Why in the gently caress would you get a Bina-Bina tattoo?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Fabulist posted:

I did not know skin could do that.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Geolicious posted:

That's a raging infection, duder.

Nah, looks more like a lazer removal process. See how only one color of ink is bubbling and not the entire tattoo? Only the centers of the star? Also, no general redness or colored streaks leading towards the heart. It's the removal process and it loving sucks. For something like that, especially since it's green, you're better off doing it the old fashioned way.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Nah, looks more like a lazer removal process. See how only one color of ink is bubbling and not the entire tattoo? Only the centers of the star? Also, no general redness or colored streaks leading towards the heart. It's the removal process and it loving sucks. For something like that, especially since it's green, you're better off doing it the old fashioned way.

It involves chopping off the appendage, right? Because it seems to be a better solution than that... thing.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

So they're just removing the white? Why would it bubble up like that? That looks like giant patches of scar tissue, like maybe the white ink was contaminated, or the needle?
I don't know poo poo about this stuff, I just know I've never seen anything like that in all the gross infected tattoo pictures I've seen.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Jeek posted:

It involves chopping off the appendage, right? Because it seems to be a better solution than that... thing.

Rotary sanders.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Fabulist posted:

So they're just removing the white? Why would it bubble up like that? That looks like giant patches of scar tissue, like maybe the white ink was contaminated, or the needle?
I don't know poo poo about this stuff, I just know I've never seen anything like that in all the gross infected tattoo pictures I've seen.

That's how it always looks? Different frequencies are used to break up different colors of ink so it is a process to fully remove. It gets very bubbly and blistery and is really gross looking. Feel free to google if you wish. Scar tissue appears much denser and smoother; it would be really difficult (maybe impossible) to get it to form like that. That person is probably pretty bummed though, as green is a very difficult and painful color to remove.

It's possible to remove/lighten tattoos by going over them with a machine and a hydrogen peroxide solution. You use the needle to pierce the skin and the bubbling that occurs when the solution reacts to blood/plasma can draw out ink. It also loving sucks and feels like burning, but involves less gooey blisters.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Teddy Boy has an interview in the new issue of Rebel Ink. His jackassery continues.

Looks like he added a barber pole and a pair of tits to his face.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

Teddy Boy has an interview in the new issue of Rebel Ink. His jackassery continues.

Looks like he added a barber pole and a pair of tits to his face.

I think he's got way more poo poo than that on his face now. According to the trainwreck that is his fb.

uptown
May 16, 2009

He sounds like a delightful person.

Definitely rude of that girl to have him on her FB and then flip out on one of his pictures, but what the gently caress. "I'm gonna punch her in the head like a guy and try to break her jaw"

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

uptown posted:

He sounds like a delightful person.

Definitely rude of that girl to have him on her FB and then flip out on one of his pictures, but what the gently caress. "I'm gonna punch her in the head like a guy and try to break her jaw"

The head punching threat is awful, but I'm amused by the guy trying to correct her spelling of "disgust".

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

That's how it always looks? Different frequencies are used to break up different colors of ink so it is a process to fully remove. It gets very bubbly and blistery and is really gross looking. Feel free to google if you wish. Scar tissue appears much denser and smoother; it would be really difficult (maybe impossible) to get it to form like that. That person is probably pretty bummed though, as green is a very difficult and painful color to remove.

It's possible to remove/lighten tattoos by going over them with a machine and a hydrogen peroxide solution. You use the needle to pierce the skin and the bubbling that occurs when the solution reacts to blood/plasma can draw out ink. It also loving sucks and feels like burning, but involves less gooey blisters.

That's actually a fungal infection.

And no, getting a hydrogen peroxide tattoo doesn't do that, it scars the poo poo out of you, loving up the tattoo. Where the gently caress do you hear that bullshit?

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

ToastFaceKillah posted:

That's actually a fungal infection.

And no, getting a hydrogen peroxide tattoo doesn't do that, it scars the poo poo out of you, loving up the tattoo. Where the gently caress do you hear that bullshit?

Fungus, ewwwww. What sort of flora is it?

I know a few tattooers who have done it? An old boyfriend used it to lighten up a few spots on his chest so it could be covered without it turning into a big blob because it was already pretty solid black. He didn't end up with any visible scarring, but said it was a very not-fun process. It not as effective as lasers, obviously, but my understanding/experience is that it can work. Of course it was couched in terms of "an old trick sailors used" but what tattoo mythos isn't? Meh. I just keep all my silly drunken 4am party and convention tattoos, eventually there will be enough around them they won't be noticeable and some of the people involved have passed away so its a nice little moment in time.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Fungus, ewwwww. What sort of flora is it?

I know a few tattooers who have done it? An old boyfriend used it to lighten up a few spots on his chest so it could be covered without it turning into a big blob because it was already pretty solid black. He didn't end up with any visible scarring, but said it was a very not-fun process. It not as effective as lasers, obviously, but my understanding/experience is that it can work. Of course it was couched in terms of "an old trick sailors used" but what tattoo mythos isn't? Meh. I just keep all my silly drunken 4am party and convention tattoos, eventually there will be enough around them they won't be noticeable and some of the people involved have passed away so its a nice little moment in time.

I will have to ask my BBP guy what it was again. I collect gross infected tattoos for him :3:

But yeah, hydrogen peroxide will technically work the same way bad road rash will. And also for the same reason you shouldn't use it in wounds. It destroys infection and stuff, yeah, but it's also loving up your healthy tissue. With that nice healthy tissue going to hell, it's taking the pigment out right along with it, in a lovely, spotty way. So yeah, don't try that. There are so many mythical, wonderous easy ways to remove tatyoos or lighten them that don't actually work, but they do make the skin a complete bitch to tattoo over ever again.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Portals posted:

The head punching threat is awful, but I'm amused by the guy trying to correct her spelling of "disgust".

"inside" joke. He posted a picture of himself shaving some dude that said I'M loving DISCUSTED or something like that.

You can find all your TEDDY BOY GREG info here: http://www.theb9.com/thread/877200/american-teddy-boy-depreciation-mystification-thread-posted-on-theB9-board/1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Enjoy!

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Hisssss! Rawwwr! *lunge* *bonks head directly into tree trunk*

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And he has the picture of someone else's tattoo right there on the chair or whatever. He has a direct reference to what is possibly a good tattoo, and how that looks compared to his.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
More big cats.

Even though the joke is about prices, I prefer to think it's more like a game of redneck telephone.

uwaeve has a new favorite as of 18:34 on Mar 21, 2013

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Mufasa had a stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Sorbus posted:

You can save money if you have 1) a mirror 2) a tattoo machine #lifehacks
One of those things is a dragon :confused:
Is that a Mr. Cool Ice tattoo on his neck?

• Locked thread