Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

All you did was wish for Ron Pearlman to be the narrator for the upcoming film. But yeah, Fallout is pretty much a love letter to all the post-apocalyptic films, books, ect. put out with some pop culture references thrown in for good measure. The leather armor is pretty much Max's Road Warrior get-up and one of the best handguns is Deckard's gun from Blade Runner. You can play a drinking game of "spot the reference" in those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The anime's pretty underwhelming on all fronts but has a long way to go before it is live action Highlander sequel bad. It's not written particularly well, the lead voice actor is terrible, and the plot is a yawn.\

E: Also it's worth noting that the story is about a 2,000-year-old idiot who never gets it right. I am not being hyperbolic, that's the plot.

This is a pretty accurate description. It's also a movie where the main villain is able to kill the progagonist on several occasions but doesn't do so because he follows the rules of not killing on holy ground. It would have been infinitely better had the protagonist been at least partially likable.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mad Max Fury Road is fantastic. For an R there's very little in ways of gore and there's no sexual violence. It's a movie tailor made to make women feel badass coming out of it. I'm going to go see it again next week, methinks.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If you think about it, Joe is the Mr. Nice Guy stereotype taken to its extreme conclusion.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think of them like the Man With No Name trilogy. Only constant is the one character.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Battle Rockers posted:

The only one I'm aware of is from Best Buy.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Blu-ray/137015/

Apparently Target's exclusive will be a couple of the tie-in comics but shrunk down to Blu-ray case size. Seems pretty :mediocre:

From the whole blu-ray deal it sounds like WB will be milking things. I think I'm going to wait for the Special Edition with the black & white version of the film. I wonder if they'll put commentary on that version too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That may explain why people of color rarely get nominations too.

• Locked thread