Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
How pissed were they when the truck drove over the bike and most likely seriously badly hosed up the suspension, steering, and god knows what else?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It could just be a studio/marketing thing like how Cabin in the Woods was supposed to originally come out in February 2010 and basically sat on a shelf, finished and waiting to be released, for two years.

While that's certainly a possibility, they need a very good reason to delay a release that long. Otherwise they just have a shitload of cash laying on the shelf that no one can use. As pessimistic as I generally am toward sequels to my old favorites, this development makes me even more so. If it turns out not to be completely horrible after all this, that would be a pleasant surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Saw the movie twice in two weeks. While the second viewing was just as enjoyable, I couldn't say I saw something new in it. Maybe wait more or just re-watch on DVD.

As everyone says, the movie itself does own. When the first information started to leak, I was worried it'd turn up as a b-movie piece of poo poo. That' of course not the case at all.

However, I have to say I'd really prefer if if there were more of Max in it. Maybe some low-key stuff at the beginning before getting captured, and at the salts he could've gone his own way as he said and let them ride across the ocean. Furiosa was great and the feminist stuff is fine, but after all the years I hoped to see more Mad Max and not Big Trouble in Little Wasteland. I'm not even (very) mad about the interceptor, just... Max.

Hopefully if they do make more movies, Furiosa can have series and Max can have his. I'll watch both.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Snak posted:

The Gone in Sixty Seconds jump is so bad, because before he even does it it's just completely unrealistic. It's not even "holy poo poo that's ballsy", it's just "well that's literally not possible." and then "Oh look he did it anyway.".

In Fury Road, just the fact that I was watching a movie where the bad guy drives a monster truck again took me way back.

Road House :allears:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

At least they kept the robot mule.

It's a boy and his Big Dog

• Locked thread