Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pick, I want to thank you for creating one of the best threads I have read in recent memory.

I actually saw this with my daughter because one of her friends wanted to see it (she was/is more of an adorable/creepy Neil Gaiman/Tim Burton fan; at the time, she was 11). Like you, I couldn't understand what this film was. It seemed to be daring me to hate it, but it's too confusing to hate. It's the Trash Humpers of kids' movies.

My daughter's first comment on leaving the theater was "Now I don't feel bad about killing bees."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

I've got no idea how Seinfeld of all people didn't realise how poo poo it was before it got started. I'm sure it must be some kind of satire I don't get or a Kaufman like joke.

The movie was more or less his idea.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think the joke might really be as stupidly simple as the fact that Ray Liotta is one of those actors that's known for being in a lot of B-movies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really don't remember the crazy poo poo in the last two updates. I mean Christ, how in any world is Barry supposed to be anything other than a complete loving rear end in a top hat?!

That face he makes at Patrick at dinner. That speech about being slaves to the white man. Just... criminy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want Louie CK to do an episode of Louie where he takes his daughters to this, and afterwards tracks Seinfeld down to ask him "What the gently caress?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I have seen such horrors on these internets but somehow that is the funniest and most want-to-gouge-my-eyes-out in recent memory. That person needs to bee locked up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ATFH - Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Honey. The bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Honey. Because gently caress you, why not!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't know that I would even qualify "laughing at someone getting mad at a movie" as "taking their opinions seriously", but hey, whatever.

Steve Yun posted:

BTW, it's good to see SMG posting around again, but there should be some vertical limit on avatars.

Man, no kidding. I can't be arsed to mousewheel all day, I have threads to read.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't even want to know how one becomes so bitter as to hate Happy Feet. Movie is awesome.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Doesn't Milne's estate still have the rights to Pooh? Wouldn't they have had to allow it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Voicing Unicron was not nearly the worst or most bizarre thing that Orson Welles did.

That would be the Orson Welles Talk Show pilot where he interviewed Burt motherfucking Reynolds. Sadly it looks like some jackass has taken it off YouTube. :(

• Locked thread