Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007
Two questions.

1. My company has an ATT discount, but I'm not the primary name on the account (it's a family share plan with my fiance). Will I still be able to get the discount?

2. I know you said activation fees aren't generally waived anymore, but is that for Wireless or for all services? I want to switch to UVerse, but UVerse and Comcast are the same price in my area. If I switch to UVerse, I'll have to pay a 199 activation fee...so why would I switch? Would this be a logical reason for trying to get the fee waived?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Beefstorm posted:

Wireless is strict as gently caress on activation and upgrade fees now. They are much more flexible for wired. But you have to talk to customer service for the best results.

So I just called and they said they could waive the activation fee, but that UVerse is not available in my building.

This doesn't make any sense to me. They installed one of the pole mounted VRad things about 100 feet from my building. It's a three story building and the NID for the building is on the roof. I'm on the top floor. The NID is literally 12 feet directly above my computer. The first and second floors already have UVerse installed and running.

Is this even possible? How is it that they can run Uverse down the wall past my unit into other units, but can't run it into mine? I explained this to the rep I was speaking to and he told me that "it just happens. Sorry."

I've never seen a company make it so difficult for me to give them my :10bux: