Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
This may be a dumb question with a really obvious answer, but if I'm eligible for an early upgrade is there anything keeping me from getting a cheap smart phone and selling my 4S for $$$ or does AT&T not care as long as they keep getting you to sign those sweet contract extensions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

I am on a mobile share 6gb plan with my mom and brother. I'm wanting to upgrade my phone and while I feel like I get the Next program I'm not sure. Neither of the others is planning to upgrade any time soon. Is it worth it to go with, let's say a Next 18 for around $29/mo or should I just stick with the 2 year contract while it exists? I assume this mostly comes down to the plan, but I want to double check. Insurance also seems a little more necessary with the Next plan. I haven't completely decided on a phone yet either. Any help is appreciated, though!

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

Michael Scott posted:

What phone? Don't stick with the contract, there is literally no reason to. Do Next. If it's an iPhone then AppleCare+ will be a more convenient insurance for cheaper than ATT.

I'm looking at the G4. Almost anything is better than the poo poo HTC First I have though. Looks like Next is the way to go. Thanks guys.