Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
I know this is not ATT's fault in anyway, but drat I am annoyed right now.

We have a family plan with 9 devices on it, 6 phones and a couple tablets.

Long story short, my daughter tossed my Galaxy S3 into the bathtub the other night, no big deal i bought the insurance on it this time, (after getting burned on my galaxy s2 just making GBS threads the bed on me last go round.) I call Asurion to start the claim, and I know I should have looked before hand, but they want 199 deductible, and they will send me a refurb phone in a few days.

Now 199 for a refurbed galaxy s3 is insane, with the HTC one shipping now the galaxy s4 pre-orders in the next couple weeks. I noticed that even the skyrocket and older Samsungs are still tier 3 as well.

I checked all our lines, we have a couple that are eligible for early upgrade pricing but that isn't much of a discount.

Is it worth heading into a store or calling up CS to see if they can help me out? Or am I SOL and have to pony up 200 bux for a refurbed old phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Sorry wasn't clear was hoping to maybe call AT&T and get an early upgrade or something along those lines. I don't mind shelling out money but just not for an old phone. would rather drop 299 on the note II or what ever the HTC one is selling at right now for 2 year pricing.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Re: train delay. The good news is that isn't the train containing your phone. That is not an express. What you are seeing is a delay because that is blocking the BN line that the mail trains run on. They will reroute your train and it shouldn't be more than a 24 hour delay. The email I got from the BN (I have customer freight stuck behind it as well) is they are reporting an 8-12 hour delay.