Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beefstorm posted:

On a more awkward note, I was in training on Friday, annnnnnnnd my RAE walked in. :sweatdrop: He did NOT know I went to COR since I outright lied to my dealer about leaving for COR because of that whole non-compete clause. I talked to him afterwards and he said he wouldn't say anything. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Non-compete clauses are made up of two general parts:

1. Protection of trade secrets: you can't go to your new job and tell them everything you know about your old job.
2. Non-compete agreement: the part that says you can't work for a competitor for a certain amount of time.

Part 2 is normally incredibly restrictive and it's not in anyone's best interest for you to be unable to work somewhere. In labor courts #2 gets thrown out a lot.

Or more generally: you work at a cellphone store not a top secret lab you're not going to get sued for switching jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I can confirm tethering works on Mobile Share plans, but that if I was going to use it a lot I'd consider getting the USB dongle thing.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

If it's an iPhone 5 on AT&T it's almost certainly under contract, and they won't unlock it because that would defeat the chance of them charging you a huge amount of money for roaming.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Does that make sense financially? If you're eligible for an upgrade why not just take the One for $199 and sell the iPhone on Craigslist?