Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
I keep seeing this term FAN used, but I still don't understand what it is. What is a FAN discount and how does one get one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

Duckman2008 posted:

They won't unless you get a dick, and yeah it doesn't hurt to bring it in,

why wouldn't he bring in his dick? :confused:

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003

Avalanche posted:

Why can I not catch a break?

I checked the UPS tracking on my HTC One today, and apparently the train derailed. No I am not making this poo poo up.
"Exception: Train Derailment" in Albuquerqe, New Mexico...

I checked the local news for Albuquerqe and:

(no one was hurt/killed though!)

What the gently caress do I do now? :suicide:

Maybe get next day air shipping and hope there's no plane crash?

Or go search among the wreckage for more HTC One's. There's bound to be a few more there!

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003

Beefstorm posted:

:argh: *places a single finger upon my lips* "Honey, if he doesn't shut up, I will literally tear him into two."

Now, I'm not trying to be an internet tough guy, but how do you not respond with violence there? I bartended for a few years and a couple of times people got like that and I reacted by shoving and once grabbed a guy by the throat and physically moved him out the door. I realize it's not the same environment but I feel like at that point, you've been as nice as possible and explained things fully, and he goes out of his way to belittle you and then threatens you AND initiates contact with your face in a threatening manner? At that point, I'm amazed you were even able to think about running it by the manager via email.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
Alternatively you could contact the police and get a restraining order imposed for personal harassment. It would let him know you're serious and he'll either stop or face real criminal action. If you think this is over the top, it is. But if someone isn't respecting your privacy and you've made repeated attempts to stop him and it's affecting your work life, you have the right to cease contact. Worse even is if the content of the messages is offensive, racist, or NSFW - you can say you feel threatened.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
So I can get a new GS4 for free, not the $200 subsidized pricing (assuming you trade in the phone)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
The language seems to insinuate that if I get the phone and then pay off that (32/mo * 12 = $384) before the 12 months is up, I can come in and trade the phone and get a new one with no money down again.

Like I could pay off the GS4 in 2 months, then in the third month come into the store and say, hey, let me get an iPhone 5 and they'll take my GS4 and I'll start off on payments again for that. Is this correct?