Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Re: charm tables

Was this bullshit ever in Tri? Why would they make completely screwing you out of rust shards a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Arthe Xavier posted:

A newbie question here. Nevermind those Charm Tables, but WiiU version is the one to get, and the 3DS version is more a complementary game for that? Or can the full experience be had on the 3DS as well? I have also never played a Monster Hunter game before, and since my WiiU is gathering dust right now, this might be a good title to get for the system... Right? How newbie-friendly is the game, or am I facing a steep wall of difficulty from the get-go?

Apologies for my lack of tact, but this game really intrigues me. If you would have to compare it to something, what would you compare it to?

Both versions of the game are identical in content. The main difference is that the Wii U version supports online play while the 3DS is only local co-op at the time. Rumors have it that the Wii U will get a tunneling app that will allow the 3DS to go online but what the gently caress is the point if you can play the Wii U version anyway. :capcom:

As far as the difficulty goes, it has a steep learning curve. Best way is to take it slow and learn to recognize patterns and behavior.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Golgozor posted:

You will get a wiiu, you will get this game, you will do it.

Never. :colbert:

(Unless you get me the console)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Lazy Programming posted:

The 3DS version worth bothering with without a WiiU or is the meat in the online play? I don't have any friends with 3DSes.

Co-op is the way to go. Hunting with pals makes even the most frustrating quests fun. Having an online component just makes this more accessible. So not having the ability to go online with the 3DS version makes it entirely singleplayer if you don't have friends with 3DSes.

• Locked thread