Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
edit: Well the situation has been rectified.

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i deleted my OP, i have no idea why the tags were removed.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Rocksicles posted:

I saw your original post with spoiler tags, so the fault is definitely not on you. Before you edited it to remove the quote altogether, it said "Someone" hosed around with the message, so not you, probably a well-meaning Mod.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

No one's blaming you.

For those who were spoiled by that: You don't know what and when this refers to, there are three seasons, so don't worry you'll have forgotten by then.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably better its gone, but i figured goons know not to read spoilers.

i only posted it because it was literally the only smart thing he said in the whole show.

if someone could have the quoted spoiler Redacted, be a good idea.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Sorry, that was my error. I mistook this thread for a rewatch rather than a first-timer's thread.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Aatrek posted:

Sorry, that was my error. I mistook this thread for a rewatch rather than a first-timer's thread.

It's really both, decided to tilt it heavily toward first timers when I was making the op sorry about that :ohdear:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rocksicles posted:

probably better its gone, but i figured goons know not to read spoilers.

i only posted it because it was literally the only smart thing he said in the whole show.

if someone could have the quoted spoiler Redacted, be a good idea.

Removed, we're good now.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm a fan of teen melodrama, yet this show was missed on my radar.

I'm excited to watch for the first time. :3:

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

courtney_beth posted:

I'm a fan of teen melodrama, yet this show was missed on my radar.

I'm excited to watch for the first time. :3:

We constantly tell ourselves its actually hardboiled 40s detective film noir reincarnated

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love describing it as Buffy meets Nancy Drew even though that makes it sound like the worst show ever.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Poque posted:

I love describing it as Buffy meets Nancy Drew even though that makes it sound like the worst show ever.

Yeah only do that to fans of the show, because it's going to turn off people who would enjoy the show, and turn on people who wouldn't

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Azure_Horizon posted:

Season 3 is on the CW's website, when UPN became that channel.

Are you sure about this? I checked and could not find it. Maybe it is hidden or I am dumb.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Skuzal posted:

Are you sure about this? I checked and could not find it. Maybe it is hidden or I am dumb.

I guess they removed it then. That was the last time I saw it available... and that was a long time ago, dunno why they would get rid of it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I am ready to watch/rewatch since I watched bits and pieces of the show while it aired originally but never bothered to stick with the series and I never got to know who killed Lily Kane.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Just got through the season finale of the first season again. Such a perfect season of TV.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Azure_Horizon posted:

Just got through the season finale of the first season again. Such a perfect season of TV.

That's always how I've described it! One of very few "perfect seasons" of television out there. I'd throw in seasons 2 of both Chuck and Parks and Rec as well.

And season 1 of Terriers. :qq:

EDIT: Just rewatched the pilot. I forgot that Logan had an inexplicable accent in that episode :confused:

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 21, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Poque posted:

That's always how I've described it! One of very few "perfect seasons" of television out there. I'd throw in seasons 2 of both Chuck and Parks and Rec as well.

EDIT: Just rewatched the pilot. I forgot that Logan had an inexplicable accent in that episode :confused:

As far as perfect seasons go, it'd be VM Season 1 - Terriers Season 1 - Mad Men Season 5 - Enlightened Seasons 1 and 2 and... not much else. It's hard to nail such a great flow, but these shows have totally done it.

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat

Poque posted:

On that note (not a spoiler), in the last episode of the first season, does Veronica's voice sound higher for the last few scenes? Maybe it was the computer I was watching it on, but it was jarring. Sounded a lot higher than the whole rest of the season.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

legendaryRev posted:

On that note (not a spoiler), in the last episode of the first season, does Veronica's voice sound higher for the last few scenes? Maybe it was the computer I was watching it on, but it was jarring. Sounded a lot higher than the whole rest of the season.

I'm not sure where people are hearing these voice changes. The only time I notice them is when the camera is shifted away from them and their voice is captured at a slightly lower pitch.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

My roommate just marathoned the first season in two days. That's how great a season it is.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Azure_Horizon posted:

As far as perfect seasons go, it'd be VM Season 1 - Terriers Season 1 - Mad Men Season 5 - Enlightened Seasons 1 and 2 and... not much else. It's hard to nail such a great flow, but these shows have totally done it.

Damages Season 1. :colbert:

I'm looking forward to the rewatch officially starting. I never got a couple of episodes into it the first time and I've always been meaning to watch it so a structure viewing schedule will be the best thing.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Pinwiz11 posted:

Damages Season 1. :colbert:

I'm looking forward to the rewatch officially starting. I never got a couple of episodes into it the first time and I've always been meaning to watch it so a structure viewing schedule will be the best thing.

yeah I'm working on the Secondary Characters/Second Season/Third Season post and when that's finished (hopefully tomorrow) I'm going to see what we do about the rewatch

Probably going to directly ask Rob Thomas on twitter actually

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I haven't sported this forums avatar since the show was still on the air... Bringing it back for the rewatch. Dragging my SO through it this time, her first time. Sadly, my 5 year old daughter Veronica (named after the Elvis Costello song, and in turn, his Grandmother, I swear!) isn't old enough to take the trip with us... Maybe next time, sweetheart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend and her best friend just recently completed their second rewatch of the series so I caught the highlights when I was around. I think I'll need to jump in and do my own with the advent of the film.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Rob Thomas is live tweeting with Kristen Bell about the movie.

- Apparently it's unknown whether Duncan will come back
- He really wants both Weevil and Wallace in it
- Meg's kid won't be in

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

I have no idea where this came from, but I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEXcbabtP90

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Twee as gently caress posted:

Rob Thomas is live tweeting with Kristen Bell about the movie.

- Apparently it's unknown whether Duncan will come back
- He really wants both Weevil and Wallace in it
- Meg's kid won't be in

gently caress Duncan.
I can't live without Wallace and Weevil.
Also gently caress Meg's kid.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Really doesn't matter if Donut comes back or not.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

gently caress Duncan.

Duncan and Meg's kid story is done and their is no need for them to appear. It would just be a pain to explain why they are there.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress Duncan indeed :hfive:

bobkatt013 posted:

Duncan and Meg's kid story is done and their is no need for them to appear. It would just be a pain to explain why they are there.

Yeah they are I mean people were asking stupid questions like 'Are you going to bring Adam Scott back?!?!'

How could that ever make any sense? :negative:

Also after asking about twice Rob and twice Kristen, they have not given any ETA for the live-tweet rewatch, so personally I move that we set the date for the premiere this Sunday @ 8:00pm

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Rhyno posted:

gently caress Duncan.

It's less "gently caress Duncan" and more "More Logan".

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I liked Duncan perfectly fine... in Season 1. :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaptainHollywood posted:

It's less "gently caress Duncan" and more "More Logan".

That's essentially the same thing.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm pretty sure I broke my roommate. I introduced him to this show a few days ago, and he's already almost done with the second season. I kinda wanna disconnect the router and make him do something tomorrow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
he'll spend all day trying to fix the connection... i would.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I'm pretty sure I broke my roommate. I introduced him to this show a few days ago, and he's already almost done with the second season. I kinda wanna disconnect the router and make him do something tomorrow.

Erase everything using a magnet it is the only way to be sure

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
I've also been burning through (and enjoying) this show thanks to this thread. Just wanted to confirm that season 3 isn't available on the WB or CW websites (unless I'm blind). Found it on iTunes/Amazon for ~$35, so I may hold off for awhile.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
I am really, really jealous of all of you who are watching this show for the first time. It's in my top 5 shows, and the second I heard about the kickstarter I threw as much money as I could spare at it.

God this is a loving good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I actually stumbled upon this show about halfway through season 2 way back when, so I guess I might as well go back and watch from the beginning!

(Don't ask how I figured out what was going on, I don't even really know).

• Locked thread