Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

aarstar posted:

I've also been burning through (and enjoying) this show thanks to this thread. Just wanted to confirm that season 3 isn't available on the WB or CW websites (unless I'm blind). Found it on iTunes/Amazon for ~$35, so I may hold off for awhile.

I would say burn through the first two seasons. seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does this show / Did this show ever exist in a High Def format?

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Feenix posted:

Does this show / Did this show ever exist in a High Def format?

All 3 seasons are in HD on itunes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kippa posted:

All 3 seasons are in HD on itunes.

Awesome! Thanks!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I remember when it first started airing, people were raving about it, but i thought a high school detective sounded like a terrible show, then Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv, i gave it a shot and loved it.

Am i the only person who prefers season 2? The first season is great, but i must admit that i didn't really care who killed Lilly because she always came off very unlikable, combined with the presence of Duncan, i just think they fixed all those issues in the second season.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Oasx posted:

I remember when it first started airing, people were raving about it, but i thought a high school detective sounded like a terrible show, then Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv, i gave it a shot and loved it.

Am i the only person who prefers season 2? The first season is great, but i must admit that i didn't really care who killed Lilly because she always came off very unlikable, combined with the presence of Duncan, i just think they fixed all those issues in the second season.

Except that Duncan's around a lot more often in Season 2?

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I burnt through the whole thing a week or so ago after hearing about the kickstarter, and really enjoyed it. There were bits I thought were weak but overall it was good, occasionally managing to be pretty funny and really did a good job of switching up characters. Even the ones that are complete dicks are usually likeable, though some are criminally underused.

Third season spoilers - I really wished than Keith Mars/Weevil detective agency had kicked off. It would have been great. Eli was too absent in S3.

I'm looking forward to the movie. I watched the Kickstarter video a little while after finishing the last episode, and it was pretty surreal, I forgot the show ended 5-6 years ago.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Azure_Horizon posted:

Except that Duncan's around a lot more often in Season 2?

If i remember correctly he more or less disappears from the show halfway through the season

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Thievery posted:

Third season spoilers - I really wished than Keith Mars/Weevil detective agency had kicked off. It would have been great. Eli was too absent in S3.

I think he had some medical issues or something. It's why he put on weight as well.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Oasx posted:

If i remember correctly he more or less disappears from the show halfway through the season

(2nd season)More like 2/3rds. He's still around a LOT because he's dating Veronica.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

Oasx posted:

Joss Whedon liked the show so much that he actually has a cameo appearance in the second season. Stephen King also wrote an entire article raving about Veronica Mars.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm 4 episodes in and completely hooked. It's so different than I thought it would be. Other posters were right in describing it as an adult show that happens to be set in high school part of the time. The first episode had everything in it.

I really, really loving hate sheriff Lamb. I can't see any redemption for him after what he did and said when Veronica went to him about being raped. Do they ever find out who did that? Don't tell me who, just yes or no.

bobkatt013 posted:

Duncan and Meg's kid story is done and their is no need for them to appear. It would just be a pain to explain why they are there.

Spoilers? :(

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

KilGrey posted:

I'm 4 episodes in and completely hooked. It's so different than I thought it would be. Other posters were right in describing it as an adult show that happens to be set in high school part of the time. The first episode had everything in it.

I really, really loving hate sheriff Lamb. I can't see any redemption for him after what he did and said when Veronica went to him about being raped. Do they ever find out who did that? Don't tell me who, just yes or no.

Spoilers? :(

Yes, Veronica does find out.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

aarstar posted:

I've also been burning through (and enjoying) this show thanks to this thread. Just wanted to confirm that season 3 isn't available on the WB or CW websites (unless I'm blind). Found it on iTunes/Amazon for ~$35, so I may hold off for awhile.

Just join Netflix for a month and get the discs in the mail.

KilGrey posted:

I really, really loving hate sheriff Lamb. I can't see any redemption for him after what he did and said when Veronica went to him about being raped.

I'd say he does one noble and heroic thing in the entire show, later in Season 2.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 23, 2013

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd say he does one noble and heroic thing in the entire show, later in Season 2.

I really love that part, as much of an rear end in a top hat he is throughout the series, that is a really nice moment.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Unless it has something to do with rectifying the part I spoilered, I can't see me wanting anything other than a slow death for him.

Also, if I ever get another dog I'm sooo going to name it Back-Up. Best.dog.ever!

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
Dammit, I binged through the whole 3 series over Christmas :( if I'd only held off a little I could have shared the joy!

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Gonna throw this in here, I've had the huge version for years and always meant to get it made poster-sized but haven't yet. Maybe I will now!
(It's the poster from Keith/VM's apartment if you haven't seen it)

Click for huge.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Okay, I'm but 7 or 8 episodes in now and I have questions.

So about the whole Troy thing, not sure the episode number but I think it was called 'You think you know someone...':
That made me sad because it was nice to see someone give Veronica a fair shake and not listen to what all his friends were saying about her. Knowing what his history is now though, I wonder if he maybe picked her assuming she could be a bad girl to his bad boy? Did his turn seem sudden to anyone else? He was such a nice, awesome guy then BAM manipulative, drug dealing/stealing, grand theft auto rear end in a top hat. I love that she figured it out last minute and I certainly was shocked, but it just seemed so out of left field. And she might not have even figured it out were it not for the fight she and her dad got into due to his new girlfriend and the background check Veronica just happened to do on her the same episode.

Question about Wanda and the election episode:
So when Veronica found out Wanda and turned in Weevils buddy for all the signs he stole she set Wanda up to think she was going to get them some ecstasy for an after election celebration to see if the cops would come check her locker thus proving Wanda was a narc? Did I get that right? So I guess where I got confused was when this all happened. Did Wanda get into trouble beforehand so the cops gave her the deal of becoming the high school snitch to keep the charges from being on her record? That all happened so fast I wasn't sure I caught it right. I'm also not sure why exactly Veronica would be mad at her for being a snitch because Veronica is a do-gooder who brings down criminal activity as well. Was it just the fact that Wanda could have told her not to buy the hypothetical drugs and instead let her go through with it just to turn her in?

How old is Duncan? He is the same age/year as Veronica or is he a year or two ahead? I'm guessing a year or two ahead. Oh god...they are going to make him her half brother, aren't they? I don't know, that seems weird and way too soap opera but I'm trying to figure out the significance of him lying to her about knowing their parents dated and why he broke up with her so suddenly. I thought he broke up with her after Lily died due to her dads investigation but the episode I just watched made me realize he broke up with her before that. And whatever the reason was it was enough to make Lily back track from her comment that they were soul mates from the day before. Okay, so that wasn't so much of a question as me thinking out loud because I have no one else to talk about the show with. :(

I'm doing my spoilers properly, right? Since you guys haven't started the mass re-watch everything should be spoilered right now, correct? loving CHRIST ASSHOLES START WATCHING AND CATCH UP SO I HAVE PEOPLE TO TALK TOOO!!!!!!

Seriously, if you plan on only doing one episode a week that ain't gonna happen. This poo poo is crack people. You'll watch the first and end up watching the next 4 or 5 right after.

[Person of Interest chat]Also, I still haven't 100% gotten used to Veronica's dad yet because the only place I know him from is Person of Interest and he is not a nice man on that show. :stare:

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 25, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
go and watch some Flashpoint.. he plays a swat commander playing Keith Mars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Heh, now explain Galaxy Quest and Just Shoot Me.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Rhyno posted:

Heh, now explain Galaxy Quest and Just Shoot Me.

Galaxy Quest is Keith Mars going to his home planet to be with his people after Veronica dies, Just Shoot Me is Keith before he met his ex-wife. He met her on a shoot, in fact! (Why not)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

KilGrey posted:

Okay, I'm but 7 or 8 episodes in now and I have questions.

Your third question gets answered in season 1. As for Troy and Wanda, I must admit that I am still a little confused about those two events, and I have seen the show many times.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rocksicles posted:

Sorry to de-rail but is this actually worth checking out?
I absolutely can't stand procedurals and demand some form of serialization with every show I watch, would I like it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a boring Canadian show that's ashamed that it's filmed in Canada.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a boring Canadian show that's ashamed that it's filmed in Canada.

so every Canadian-US project?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

KilGrey posted:

[Person of Interest chat]:Also, I still haven't 100% gotten used to Veronica's dad yet because the only place I know him from is Person of Interest and he is not a nice man on that show. :stare:

I came into it from the opposite direction. Having watched all of Veronica Mars prior to Person of Interest starting, when I saw him on PoI, my first thought was, "No, Keith! Don't go to the dark side!" :negative:

vvv Yeah, I guess it is. Sorry.

...! fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 25, 2013

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
You guys spoiler the PoI chat it's a major spoiler.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Season 1 relationship stuff: After the first half of the season I didn't think they could do anything that would make me like Logan, but now that I'm 4 episodes away from the end of season 1 I'm so Team Logan now. :allears:

Also, the deputy sheriff she's dating whose name I can't remember, he seems odd to be on the police force. Kinda dweeby. The way he presents his personality he seems like he'd be the bumbling sort even though he's not. He also looks stoned as hell all the time.

...! posted:

I came into it from the opposite direction. Having watched all of Veronica Mars prior to Person of Interest starting, when I saw him on PoI, my first thought was, "No, Keith! Don't go to the dark side!" :negative:

I'm used to him now. Keith is one of the best characters on this show and I wish he were my dad.

Twee as gently caress posted:

You guys spoiler the PoI chat it's a major spoiler.

Sorry, I got excited. I was so worried about spoilering the VM stuff properly I didn't even thinking about the PoI stuff. :(

This show has taken up my whole weekend and I don't even care. It was rainy outside anyway.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 25, 2013

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
No problems, it's just that this particular spoiler was the highlight of that episode and the early PoI run as well as setting up the future.

:siren: I think we will set the official rewatch beginning date next sunday @ 8pm :siren:

I really wanted to sync up with the Kristen/Rob rewatch, but they have not said a word about it, not even when I asked them during the Q&A, so we'll just have to start at this point. A week will let me time to finish everything I wanted for the OP/episodes I've been really busy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KilGrey posted:

Also, the deputy sheriff

I love that Max Greenfield has regular stuff now. He was on Happy Endings and was supposed to be a bigger character there, but ended up getting a lead role in New Girl where he's killing it. Makes me happy. Plus I get to feel like a hipster and I say I knew him from his Veronica Mars days.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Twee as gently caress posted:

No problems, it's just that this particular spoiler was the highlight of that episode and the early PoI run as well as setting up the future.

:siren: I think we will set the official rewatch beginning date next sunday @ 8pm :siren:

I really wanted to sync up with the Kristen/Rob rewatch, but they have not said a word about it, not even when I asked them during the Q&A, so we'll just have to start at this point. A week will let me time to finish everything I wanted for the OP/episodes I've been really busy

poo poo I will not be able to make it, but that will not stop me from watching it later that night and giving my thoughts. The only problem will be stopping just at one.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Okay, I have another question.

Season 1 episode 21, A Trip To The Dentist:
There was a lot of flashback going on in this episode so maybe I missed it, but am I to understand Veronica got drugged from SPIT hocked into her drink by a girl who was on GHB and not from someone slipping her actual drugs in her drink? :raise:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dick already put the drugs into the drink trying to sex up Madison. Madison spit into it and gave it to Veronica

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Dick already put the drugs into the drink trying to sex up Madison. Madison spit into it and gave it to Veronica

Okay, that makes far more sense. There was so much going on in the episode it was kind of like a shell game with the drugs. I lost track of them a bit.

Just finished the first season, loved it loved it loved it. Keith Mars is the best dad ever. He straight walked through fire to save his daughter. I never want to see her mother again though. This show is a great example of effective red herrings. A lot of shows will put them in (looking at you The Killing) but they make no sense. The writing on this show was tight and gave opportunity and motive to everyone that Veronica suspected. I hope things work out with Logan. I don't think there is a Hallmark card for "Sorry I accused you of murder and put your dad in jail for killing your girlfriend." I really want to know who was at the door at the end though. Do they ever answer that or are we left to speculate? I want it to be Logan but something tells me he's busy with Weevil. I hope it's not Duncan. That ship seems beyond sailed and well, he's pretty boring compared to Logan.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

They answer it in the first episode of season 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The best thing about the show is how throwaway dialogue in one episode can be very important a season down the line. In season one there is a line that actually is very very important to the season two mystery.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

The best thing about the show is how throwaway dialogue in one episode can be very important a season down the line. In season one there is a line that actually is very very important to the season two mystery.

What was it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

divx posted:

What was it?

It was When Logans mother died and Veronica was interviewing the kids making the war movie and in passing then mention who does the explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Most of the pledge options are now open for a bunch of non-US countries

• Locked thread