Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
S2: Megs Parents I don't really understand the whole arresting Duncan & Veronica, letting them go without saying a word then just sitting in-front of the house.
Also I don't really understand the parents, Meg turned out OK

That song, Run by Air, perfect for the quiet parts.
I know I get the same emotions from the episode if I just listen to the song now.
Also sounds kinda like GLADOS

Great the forums automatically try and change url=video to an imbedded youtube, so enjoy it instead of a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZT9t6oMBhI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

GateheaD posted:

S2: Megs Parents I don't really understand the whole arresting Duncan & Veronica, letting them go without saying a word then just sitting in-front of the house.
Also I don't really understand the parents, Meg turned out OK

That song, Run by Air, perfect for the quiet parts.
I know I get the same emotions from the episode if I just listen to the song now.
Also sounds kinda like GLADOS

Great the forums automatically try and change url=video to an imbedded youtube, so enjoy it instead of a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZT9t6oMBhI

The inference is that Lamb's dad did something of a similar nature in terms of abuse to him, and so I think he sat outside their house to say, "Hey, I'm watching you. Don't ever treat your kids like that again or I'm throwing you in a cell."

Meg turned out OK because she was the golden child, but she was powerless to keep her younger siblings from being abused.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Azure_Horizon posted:

The inference is that Lamb's dad did something of a similar nature in terms of abuse to him, and so I think he sat outside their house to say, "Hey, I'm watching you. Don't ever treat your kids like that again or I'm throwing you in a cell."

Meg turned out OK because she was the golden child, but she was powerless to keep her younger siblings from being abused.

And even then it's pretty much inferred that Meg was abused as well, it's just that since she was smart she learned how to behave in order to avoid the brunt of it, while her siblings were not so lucky. Scenes like this one is also why I can't bring myself to hate Lamb, even though he acts like a dick

Oh and Azure, you didn't take the HE stuff personally right? :ohdear: I really like you as a poster and didn't want to come off as antagonistic.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
It's fine, I don't take SA stuff personally.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Meg was fine because she's Ellen's daughter and a hunter to boot. She's a fighter

No really, I've been doing my own rewatch over the past few weeks and it's really mind-blowing how many people I recognize in prominent roles here.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

No really, I've been doing my own rewatch over the past few weeks and it's really mind-blowing how many people I recognize in prominent roles here.

I picked up that the car rental dude was Joss Whedon on this watch through.
I thought a dead students dad was Jimmy Kimmel so I guess I'm racist too.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Meg was fine because she's Ellen's daughter and a hunter to boot. She's a fighter

Funnily enough, the same thing has been happening to me during a recent rewatch of Angel.

You have no idea how many major TV stars ended doing small bits on that show.

I mean the pilot pretty much opens with Sawyer from Lost getting dusted within two minutes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Twee as gently caress posted:

Funnily enough, the same thing has been happening to me during a recent rewatch of Angel.

You have no idea how many major TV stars ended doing small bits on that show.

I mean the pilot pretty much opens with Sawyer from Lost getting dusted within two minutes.

Then Hawkeye is the guest in a later episode as one of the vampires that Angel sired.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Then Hawkeye is the guest in a later episode as one of the vampires that Angel sired.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Definitely one of the bigger names. Angel was a pretty great show and has really aged well too

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I had this as my Facebook status last month when I realized how many people I saw on this show. I think it sums up my feelings nicely.

There's something off-putting about watching Lily Aldrin be a bitch to Sarah Marshall after seeing her be hit on by Schmidt and dropping of Jo Harvelle at a party while Elliot DiMauro works as a private dick (I may have watched too much TV in my life)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I think you meant Willow Rosenberg being a bitch to Jeannie Van Der Hooven after seeing her be hit on by Schmidt and dropping of Jo Harvelle at a party while Elias works as a private dick :smug:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've never actually watched Buffy.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I've never actually watched Buffy.

You should correct that, because Angel/Buffy were some of the greatest things on television at their best.

Seriously, their episode called 'The Body' was the best examination of grief I've seen on television outside of Six Feet Under and certainly stands up their with their best episode.

Seriously, the body has to be in the top 50 episodes of all times next to the likes of The Wire, Breaking Bad and so on.

The first season of Angel was actually rather bad, it's pretty campy and low-budget, but really Season 2 is just great television from beginning to end.

Anyone who loves Veronica Mars has to watch and love Buffy, there's a reason why Veronica Mars was compared to it so many times when it first came out. The same quick wit and fast-paced dialogues, humor, etc...

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I always meant to get around to it, but all my roommates/friends who were into stuff like that always wanted to watch Charmed instead. And since I just saw that it's on Netflix, I guess I'll start it tomorrow.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I always meant to get around to it, but all my roommates/friends who were into stuff like that always wanted to watch Charmed instead. And since I just saw that it's on Netflix, I guess I'll start it tomorrow.

Buffy at its best was as good or better than Veronica Mars at its best. At first, I found Season 1 a chore to get through, but at least it's short, and Seasons 2 and 3 are mostly incredible. Season 2, episode 3 is when I realized the show was going to reach great heights and I would stick with it, no matter what. The musical episode in Season 6 is probably my favorite single hour of television ever.

And then Angel is even better than Buffy, except for its own weak first season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 8, 2013

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Just don't get discouraged, Season 1 is pretty weak and just serves to establish the characters. It really starts with Season 2.

If it's a drag, you should just watch those:

01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth
02 - The Harvest
05 - Never Kill a Boy on the First Date
07 - Angel
10 - Nightmare
12 - Prophecy Girl

The others are not really that bad, they're just not 'Buffy' as we know it. Season 2 starts awesome from the get-go though

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Last Week, on Veronica Mars
(second time's the charm)

Pilot (S01E01)

Veronica Mars begins her junior year at Neptune High trying to re-adjust her life after her boyfriend, Duncan Kane, left her and after the mysterious unsolved murder of her best friend, Lily Kane, last year. While helping her, Private Investigator Keith Mars of Mars Investigations, on the case of the possibility of Jake Kane, father of Duncan Kane and Lily Kane, is having an affair with another woman, Veronica discovers more clues to the Lily Kane Murder Case and decides to aim herself in finding Lily Kane's killer and the truth of the incident that happened one year ago.

Tonight's episode is called Credit Where Credit's Due (S01E02)

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Spic and span joke was a low blow

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Nelly reference, so 2000. What the gently caress ever happened to Nelly?

The idea of having a flyers for a party is also pretty dated in the age of texts and facebook. (Man, that was almost 10 years ago.)

edit: Sheriff Lamb might be a massive dick, but letting all the kids run away and pick up the kegger is the best thing to do in that situation

edit2: I really love the intro song, and it'll always be linked to Veronica Mars for me, the same way Califooooornia here we COOOOOOOOOOME will be associated with the O.C.

Also where the gently caress is everyone

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nelly reference, so 2000. What the gently caress ever happened to Nelly?

The idea of having a flyers for a party is also pretty dated in the age of texts and facebook. (Man, that was almost 10 years ago.)

edit: Sheriff Lamb might be a massive dick, but letting all the kids run away and pick up the kegger is the best thing to do in that situation

edit2: I really love the intro song, and it'll always be linked to Veronica Mars for me, the same way Califooooornia here we COOOOOOOOOOME will be associated with the O.C.

I am here I just had issues with my dvd, poor grandma

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I realized I don't hate the music of the theme song so much as the lyrics. The melody is good.

Also, does anyone else get the same two commercials back to back on the WB site?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Time to return to Club Scum.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I realized I don't hate the music of the theme song so much as the lyrics. The melody is good.

Also, does anyone else get the same two commercials back to back on the WB site?

DVDs here sorry :shrug:

And personally again the lyrics fit in 'A long time ago we used to be friends but I haven't thought of you lately at all' seem to fit Veronica pretty well

And Weevil with the killer speech to Veronica. I love Weevil. And Cliff.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh I've never disagreed with the lyrics fitting the show. I just think they're cheesy as hell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Keith great dad or greatest?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I love the photo teacher trying to explain the regular cam to Veronica, and she wipes out her own camera.

Clearly that's where Quentin Tarantino got his inspiration for the pipe scene

Also whenever I see that teacher, I can only think of rear end orgy :pervert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I love the photo teacher trying to explain the regular cam to Veronica, and she wipes out her own camera.

Clearly that's where Quentin Tarantino got his inspiration for the pipe scene

Also whenever I see that teacher, I can only think of rear end orgy :pervert:

Speaking of rear end orgy here is Paris Hilton

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Speaking of rear end orgy here is Paris Hilton

She does play spoiled rich cali girl with no worth pretty well

And Logan is a really awesome rear end in a top hat

divx
Aug 21, 2005

WERE GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS RIGHT NOW

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Clue time

Whenever I see Kyle Secor in an interrogation room all I can think of is Homicide and the episode "Three Men and Adena

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 8, 2013

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Watching episode 1 on repeat, analyzing it for a class :cool:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Duncan always seemed like the weakest link in the cast for me. Just can't care.

divx posted:

WERE GOING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS RIGHT NOW

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Duncan always seemed like the weakest link in the cast for me. Just can't care.

He really is a plank of wood.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Why was the Journalism teacher in the main credits and why did her license plate say rear end Orgy?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
^^^^ Are you saying that you wouldn't put Sydney Poitier's daughter in the credit, and include a line about rear end orgy if you could? :monocle:

bobkatt013 posted:

He really is a plank of wood.

I think a lot of it has to do with :qq: rich white boy with problems :qq: with a lack of personality to back it up. Logan could have easily fallen into the same trap, but he's^ way too loving awesome for that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^^^ Are you saying that you wouldn't put Sydney Poitier's daughter in the credit, and include a line about rear end orgy if you could? :monocle:

I think a lot of it has to do with :qq: rich white boy with problems :qq: with a lack of personality to back it up. Logan could have easily fallen into the same trap, but he's^ way too loving awesome for that.

Is its really just a problem with the actor not the character? I mean Logan is as awesome as he is due to the actor being awesome and that made the character so likable.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

This guy really is dumb if he thinks Paris Hilton is hot

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Is its really just a problem with the actor not the character? I mean Logan is as awesome as he is due to the actor being awesome and that made the character so likable.

Oh that's my point, it would have been easy for Logan to be just as dreadful as Duncan/Duncan being awesome if the actor had been cast as Duncan and not Logan after the initial reading.

This guy is just a bad actor and couldn't do anything with the material, when there was a lot he could have done with it, especially in the future.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I mean, there's a reason why he's had a whopping total of four small parts in the last 7 years, while Jason Doehring has had more than a dozen roles, including the lead of a series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DO THE DEW!

Was he ever in any of Rob Thomas other projects?

• Locked thread