Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I refuse to believe that there are people who haven't watched this. It's just too sad a thought. And I say sync that poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've got my roommate starting on the series today and I completely forgot how much I hate the theme song. At least it's short.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Poque posted:

Did you accidentally start on season 3?

Nope, but it might be that version. It's been years since I've watched this, but I do remember they changed the style of "We Used To Be Friends" at some point, but I don't specifically remember which is which. The WB might have stuck that version on all the episodes on their site for all I know.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

The good, perfectly suited version plays for the first and second season on the WB website, and the third season has the altered version.

I didn't say it didn't suit the show, I said I didn't like it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Just got through the season finale of the first season again. Such a perfect season of TV.

My roommate just marathoned the first season in two days. That's how great a season it is.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm pretty sure I broke my roommate. I introduced him to this show a few days ago, and he's already almost done with the second season. I kinda wanna disconnect the router and make him do something tomorrow.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Can we all take a moment and appreciate how awesome Tina Majorino is?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Oasx posted:

I don't think I have ever met anyone who really cares for Duncan

I think he's cuter than Logan, does that count? But neither of them seems to be able to move their faces, so I really wouldn't go for either.

In other news, the IMDb page for the movie has most of the season 3 cast listed for the movie. I'm not sure how definite that makes it, but only Julie Gonzalo is listed as rumored.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Rhyno posted:

No poo poo, dude does puppy-dog eyes like no other.

He's got the puppy eyes down, but he has that, the sarcastic as hell smile, and that's really about it. But with his character it makes sense.

EDIT: All his emotional acting is in his voice, and THAT'S freaking great.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

epenthesis posted:

It's in no way definite; IMDB isn't an authoritative source. They've almost certainly had conversations with the people they most wanted to include (namely, the ones who are in the video or named on the Kickstarter page), but no one has been announced as signed. I wouldn't be surprised if KB was just a handshake deal pending funding.

Julie Gonzalo's character isn't mentioned on KS, so I suspect she's either unavailable or not needed.

I figured as much. I just let myself get my hopes up when I saw (rumored) next to just one name.

Plus I really really want Mac to be in it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

KilGrey posted:

Why was this show canceled anyway?

...was it because of idiots like me not paying attention to it the first time around due to stupid assumptions?

Did I kill Veronica Mars? :ohdear:

Yes, and she'd probably find a way to prove it too, even from beyond the grave.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Gotta love that introduction to Wallace.

I like the Vice Principal intro with the locker search.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

KilGrey posted:

Questions/confusion/comment time!

In the Rapes of Graff episode, I know she clears Troy but did they ever say who actually did it? Do we just assume it's one of the rear end in a top hat frat boys? She thought it was the guy called Ice Man according to their board but the one frat boy made a comment about it actually being a teacher he supposedly slept with that earned him those points. I also think she went way to easy on Troy after what he did to her. It was kind of an odd choice to me that they brought him back. It could have been anyone in his role really.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I'll have more later.

That's the first major arc of season 3. I think

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Meg was fine because she's Ellen's daughter and a hunter to boot. She's a fighter

No really, I've been doing my own rewatch over the past few weeks and it's really mind-blowing how many people I recognize in prominent roles here.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I had this as my Facebook status last month when I realized how many people I saw on this show. I think it sums up my feelings nicely.

There's something off-putting about watching Lily Aldrin be a bitch to Sarah Marshall after seeing her be hit on by Schmidt and dropping of Jo Harvelle at a party while Elliot DiMauro works as a private dick (I may have watched too much TV in my life)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've never actually watched Buffy.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I always meant to get around to it, but all my roommates/friends who were into stuff like that always wanted to watch Charmed instead. And since I just saw that it's on Netflix, I guess I'll start it tomorrow.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I realized I don't hate the music of the theme song so much as the lyrics. The melody is good.

Also, does anyone else get the same two commercials back to back on the WB site?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh I've never disagreed with the lyrics fitting the show. I just think they're cheesy as hell.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Next week is one of my favorite episodes. I'm gonna download the season off iTunes so I don't have to sit through that god-awful Lowes commercial with that annoying lady again.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

legendaryRev posted:

As bad as that one is, I recently started a binge-viewing, and got that awful anti-smoking commercial with the trach tube. Cue me, shutting my browser down so I wouldn't have to watch that poo poo every 7 minutes for an entire night. I gladly accepted that Lowes woman and her sing song voice about perennials. Yes, I do know how many perennials my yard needs.

The Veronica Mars Introduction Thread: You don't know!

I don't know because every time I've tired to plant something in my 25 years it's died within a week. I couldn't even get a bean to sprout in kindergarten :smith:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Macaluso posted:

:siren: Veronica Mars Kickstarter is now over 5 million holy poo poo :siren:

Uh what? A boy and girl can be friends without any romantic feelings between them you know

Not on TV, unless one of them is gay. Seriously, even Friends had that one episode where Phoebe and Ross made out.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Twee as gently caress posted:

Maybe the CW realized that Wallace was a better foil as a friend and didn't try to make them a couple, rather than it being them not wanting an interracial couple on tv.

Oh and Rabbi Raccoon, if you've started that Buffy run, I'd love updates!

We have a thread called Whedonverse but it's bursting with spoilers, so if you want to share your views on the series, I'd suggest you never read any posts except those that are directly quoting you.

Other than that, just a quick 'oh hey I love it'! or discussing it in the 'What Series are you Binging On' thread would be nice

Loving it, but I'm a little sick of all the love triangles.

EDIT: And all the 90-ness is really cracking me up. It's crazy how much has changed since then.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Working my way through season 2. I loved the Ted episode.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Also, I just finished S1 on my re-watch (with a roommate who has never seen it before) and the finale is just as good as I remembered :allears:

Seasons 1 and 2 have two of my favorite season finales of all time. And they're both incredibly different. The first leaves you on the edge of your seat, and the second just breaks your heart. A lot of shows mix comedy, drama, and thrills, but this is one of the few that does it well.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

I love this show.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Just finished the series finale. Still one of my favorite series finales of all time. So many callbacks, so much resolution, and that ending!

edit: did not mean to make a double post!

Really? All time favorite? It does it's job as a finale, but I wouldn't say it's that good. It's fairly open ended and leaves itself open to a world of possibilities for the movie though.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

It ends with a cliffhanger, but this was back when shows could get away with that if they had to end. It wraps up a lot of emotional arcs over the course of the series and brings everything completely full circle. It's loving fantastic.

Eh, that full circle always felt shoehorned in to me. It's completely out of left field. And a ton of shows do a lot of callbacks in the season/potential series finales.

But then again, I haven't started season 3 on my rewatch yet, so I might see something leading to it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

It's not out of left field at all. The Kanes created the Tritons; it makes sense they would have a secret society at Hearst. And it brings everything back full circle -- she was already a pariah at Hearst because of the sex tape, her father was just about to be ousted as sheriff again, and the Mars family is once again meddling in Jake Kane's life after destroying his family. The point of the finale was to show the direction the show was probably going to take in Season 4: That Veronica's actions as an adult will all have consequences, compared to her just skating by in previous seasons. It's such a loving brilliant finale.

I don't wanna turn this into a CIA document so I'll just say that I don't like shows that cram what could have easily been a season long story line into two or three episodes. They could have spread that over the entire season and made THAT the focus (which I feel would have made the season a whole lot stronger). And I figured Veronica learned that lesson at the very least during the season 2 finale. And while I get that they wanted to do more than one arc in season 3, I think it was definitely the wrong direction to go in. I called the answer to the second one when it first came up. It works great as a season finale, but I don't like it as a series finale. Open ended is usually a good thing, but in this case there were just too many possibilities for the future of the characters. Literally anything could happen.

If you wanna talk about it more outside of here (it was really hard to type that up without a bunch of spoiler tags), you know how to get a hold of me.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That's the one I've been waiting for!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Veronica and Mac have air band-ed together. That's a bond for life right there.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm watching tonight, I just hate posting from my phone. And my laptop is downstairs which is way too far away for me to get it at the end of a work week.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm hoping Piz framed Logan so Piz can get arrested and we never have to hear about him again.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Clearly I calculated wrong.

I've been watching one episode a day and was planning on watching the movie on the last day, but I'm already on episode 10 of the third season. And I can't believe I don't have the gif of Veronica and Mac airbanding.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You know, everyone says season 1 is better than season 2 and I have no idea why. I mean, both are great, but season 2's arc is far and away superior to Lily's death. Maybe it's just because I never saw Lily as sympathetic. She was a brat. And I feel like everything intertwines much better in season 2, and opposed to season 1, where basically everyone is a red herring. There's only a handful in season 2. Red herrings are best when used sparingly. When you make everyone seem like they did it, it starts getting old. And all the relationships between characters actually develop in season 2. Beyond Veronica and Logan, relationships aren't really developed in the first. They're just kinda there. Even Veronica and Wallace. They're just suddenly best friends. Same with Weevil.

Whereas in season 2, we finally see Wallace call out Veronica on her non-stop favors AND doing something about it, she and Mac actually develop a friendship beyond Mac helping her out with cases. There's much more of an actually friendly relationship there (and oh dear god, that tiny scene between the two in "Not Pictured" always makes me well up). There's a few roadbumps in everyone's personal lives, and it actually shows instead of tells the effects it has on the people around them. Everyone becomes so much more human and real.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Ernie. posted:

Yeah but then the finale of season 2 was all about tying things together about details the viewers may have missed about certain characters. Especially the ultimate rape revelation felt entirely ... forced in/contrived. There's no doubt that season 2 was much more well put together, and the writers did really have a nice narrative/arc for everyone involved, it just tried to end on a bang that glorified everything the show was about, but I think it lost a lot of the charm of the show by not keeping the revelation understated/a reasonable size.

I do agree with the rape conclusion. They could have easily lifted that out.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The season 3 mystery should have been Veronica investigating just how the hell Hearst College stays open.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Buzzfeed just said I'm Dick Casablancas and I'm not sure if I'm offended or not.

Since there's no AMC closer than a few hours from here, I pre-ordered the movie on iTunes. Anyone done that before? Does the download start at midnight?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is the preorder for when the movie is released in theaters or when its released on DVD? If its the case of theaters it will start downloading around 3ish Eastern, if its DVD you got a while. However, if one of your prizes is the digital copy you will get it some point tomorrow.

Holy poo poo I just realized that in less than 24 hours there will be new Veronica Mars.

Thanks but it's irrelevant the internet went out all through town today. Of course it's the day the movie comes out.

This is too much of a coincidence. Any chance the movie came with Veronica's card so she can investigate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh awesome internet is back!

• Locked thread