Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

aarstar posted:

I've also been burning through (and enjoying) this show thanks to this thread. Just wanted to confirm that season 3 isn't available on the WB or CW websites (unless I'm blind). Found it on iTunes/Amazon for ~$35, so I may hold off for awhile.

Just join Netflix for a month and get the discs in the mail.

KilGrey posted:

I really, really loving hate sheriff Lamb. I can't see any redemption for him after what he did and said when Veronica went to him about being raped.

I'd say he does one noble and heroic thing in the entire show, later in Season 2.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I watched Season 1 on DVD several years ago and really enjoyed it, but never followed up. Last summer, I got my wife to give it a chance, and we marathoned through all three seasons thanks to Netflix, and loved every minute of it, even the weaker Season 3. She's a huge Kristen Bell fangirl now (we even watched Hit and Run and surprisingly liked it a lot), and we're both psyched for the movie.

I just hope Cliff the lawyer and Vinnie Van Lowe are in it -- they were my favorite characters aside from Veronica and Keith.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Decius posted:

Season 3

I always had the impression they only existed to make the show more "CW-y", or at least what CW was back then, to add more relationship drama. Piz of course works as complete anti-thesis to Logan, so he by default had to be the nicest, least threatening, most understanding, most boring character in the history of boring boyfriends.

Riley from Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 still holds the belt for that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I always meant to get around to it, but all my roommates/friends who were into stuff like that always wanted to watch Charmed instead. And since I just saw that it's on Netflix, I guess I'll start it tomorrow.

Buffy at its best was as good or better than Veronica Mars at its best. At first, I found Season 1 a chore to get through, but at least it's short, and Seasons 2 and 3 are mostly incredible. Season 2, episode 3 is when I realized the show was going to reach great heights and I would stick with it, no matter what. The musical episode in Season 6 is probably my favorite single hour of television ever.

And then Angel is even better than Buffy, except for its own weak first season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 8, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

mcbexx posted:

There's another story in that business man buying all that real estate, I'm sure.

The perfect opportunity for Veronica to team up with an old friend of her father's, Hank Dolworth, a P.I. in a neighboring beach town who has experience with this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aardark posted:

Just dropping in to say I checked out Terriers because of this post, and it is a good show that I would recommend.

You just made my day! I didn't discover Terriers until long after it was canceled and added to Netflix, shortly after my wife and I binge-watched our way through Veronica Mars. But it's great -- another Southern California neo-noir series with brilliant dialogue and lots of humor. It makes sense that they might take place in the same universe.

• Locked thread