Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

im pooping! posted:

So what's the point of the little bottles of vodka then?

Easter baskets/Christmas stockings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

bathroomrage posted:

Please stop using Cool Whip and whipped cream interchangeably, you're weirding me out, thread.

Isn't it basically meant to be a cheap nondairy whipped cream substitute

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

rodbeard posted:

yep. it's a bit like cane sugar :: sweet & low. whipped cream in coffee is amazing; cool whip in coffee is sad.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

im pooping! posted:

The old lady squirts them up her bum to help her get ready for the mandingo party later.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

im pooping! posted:

I use them for a lemon vodka cream sauce recipe since i'll never drink enough vodka to justify buying more of it :shobon:

Other liquors however...

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Sex Hobbit posted:

We have those in the states but they're mostly associated with 40-something housewives who need something to keep them from nipping into the mouthwash.

Do we? I only ever see them in the candy aisle at, like, World Market and those places. I know they're all over the place in Canada, though (my boyfriend says getting those as a kid was like getting black licorice).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Pomp posted:

I googled huddle house and got this

I am hungover and this looks wonderful. In a few hours, I'll be able to see it for the horror it really is, but right now...

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They're called Wine Gums, they're really common in the UK.

They're pretty nice.

Wine Gums are tasty, but microwaved Wine Gums, horse meat, and mystery cubes of green goo?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Sex Hobbit posted:

We have those in the states but they're mostly associated with 40-something housewives who need something to keep them from nipping into the mouthwash.

Despite the name they're not alcoholic nor do they taste like the wine that's written on them :ssh:

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

rodbeard posted:

Not quite, it's meant to go on dessert pastries, jello and puddings and the like. Trying to put it in other things you put whipped cream in will leave you disappointed.

im pooping! posted:

Teenagers and broke college students who can't afford the whole handle.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bringmyfishback posted:

I am hungover and this looks wonderful. In a few hours, I'll be able to see it for the horror it really is, but right now...

Does anyone know why your body craves fatty salty abominations when you're hungover? I could google it but I prefer other goons to explain things to me like a child while they stroke my head

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aesop Poprock posted:

Does anyone know why your body craves fatty salty abominations when you're hungover? I could google it but I prefer other goons to explain things to me like a child while they stroke my head

I think the main reason was that fatty and salty foods enhance water and nutrient retention and contain electrolytes, both things your hungover body craves when it's been dried out and mildly poisoned.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

I think the main reason was that fatty and salty foods enhance water and nutrient retention and contain electrolytes, both things your hungover body craves when it's been dried out and mildly poisoned.

Salt when dissolved in water becomes electrolytes, actually. Na and Cl are both important electrolytes and what is salt? NaCl. Dehydration is way more than just water. Aside from that alcohol consumption leads to a reduction in B vitamins (yes, basically all of them) and greasy, fatty meat is a good place to get a lot of those. Alcohol also dehydrates you something fierce and that flushes a lot of water soluble vitamins out along with it. Potatoes also have a gently caress load of good nutrients so deep fried taters are of course another popular one.

It might also be association; bars tend to serve a lot of greasy, fatty things and deep fried everything because the grease coats your stomach and makes you get drunk more slowly. No, really. It doesn't affect your tolerance it just makes the alcohol hit your system more slowly as it gets absorbed out of your stomach at a lower rate. It lets them sell more booze. So of course when you think "booze" you associate it with "deep fried crap and greasy meat." When you think "bleh, I need to eat something I was drinking all night and I don't feel like doing much" one of the first things that creeps into your mind is deep fried easy things.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I thought maybe as well since it's convenient and some people see it as "comfort food", so naturally when they feel a bit poo poo they want it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I get a craving for that kind of food after I recover from a migraine. My guess is that it what your brain wants after taking a beating.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Oh man, same. When I have a migraine the only think remotely palatable to me is plain Lays chips, and a spicy chicken burger meal from Wendy's which I don't ever eat otherwise. The Wendy's, anyways.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Funnel cake bacon cheese burger.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's a pretty good looking sandwich and the photo isn't unflattering, I'm not sure it belongs here...

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
The buns are funnel cakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread is kind of old. Someone make a new one, and I'll link to it here!

NEW THREAD HERE

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread