Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Agenda: Make super tasty meat and spinach and feta pie!

EXPECTATION

REALITY??

CLOSE AND NUKE IT!!

oh well in the end it turned out alright I just can't photo

pr0n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

TerryLennox posted:

That 's a pretty tasty-looking Spanakopita. I have a similar problem, nothing I cook comes out like in the magazines or the web. Care to share the recipe?
No problem! It'll be translated from a German recipe, so I hope I get the ingredients right and you will have to deal with sensible units. The actual thing in the pictures was upscaled a little, but I'm going to use the original recipe.

You'll need this kind of dough, we got it frozen (450 g package). Let that thaw. Also bought frozen was the spinach - a huge part of why the in-process part looks so gross was that it was frozen in a solid block which would then produce green sludge, it wasn't leaves. Still produced a fine result, so whatever. 300 g of that, one onion and one clove of garlic (both chopped) with a little water are slowly boiled in a pan until the liquid has mostly evaporated. Spice with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove the water from the spinach mixture in a sieve (we actually didn't do that, it was boiled off enough and I don't have a fitting sieve, this soaked the bottom a little but it turned out okay), let the mixture cool.
Mix 300g raw minced beef (mixed beef/pork also works, it's pictured) and one egg (maybe throw away a little of the white), salt, pepper, nutmeg, then knead. Mix that with the spinach.
Cut 200g feta in cubes, work those into the entire thing too.

Roll one half of the dough thinly onto a fitting sheet pan, gluing the pieces together if needed with a little water. Add the filling, spread it evenly except for the edges. Form a lid from the other half of the dough, press the edges together. Stab holes into it with a fork.

Stir one egg yolk with a little milk or cream, coat the pie with it, then sprinkle sesame seeds over it.

Your oven needs to be at 200 °C, bake it on middle height for 35-45 minutes (probably longer). Open the oven 1-2 times, it'll get steamy. Bon appetit!

Don't forget to post progress fotos, maybe yours will have whole spinach leaves (and look...less? disgusting) :D.

EDIT: Wait! Muscat is a grape. You need nutmeg!

• Locked thread