Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm putting the over/under on screamer BS at 2 for this review, am I wrong?

VodeAndreas posted:

No screamers, just some cheesy gore.

Fantastically cheesy gore, I'm really impressed with how well they do special effects.

Have you seen their Best of the Worst Xtro/They Bite/Killer Eye episode? That is absolutely fantastical and them realizing that one of the movies is actually a masterpiece and one of the best movies they've ever seen was really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

I'm half tempted to believe he was parodying the lovely, stuttery anime keyframes but uhhhh...
And he's finally tied with Barry for animation output for 2013.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If you ask me, this new Egoraptor animation just doesn't have good animation feel :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

I haven't followed Game Grumps for a couple of months now but this is still kinda sad.
And don't they usually film game grumps once a week? How much additional time can one extra evening give him to work on new JonTrons?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven't watched Steam Train at all, but I gotta admit I'm really enjoying the new grumps. While I thought Jon was less horrible than Arin (because Arin is a dumbshit), Danny hasn't seen fit to just randomly break out into annoying song or into completely stupid, sheltered, misogynist, homophobic or racist tirades out of nowhere. Plus he has great chemistry with Arin and is actually good at playing games. Holy poo poo, can you imagine Punch Out as done by Arin and Jon? They wouldn't even have gone past Glass Joe. And SMB2 would've been nothing but "hey Arin look at that guy he's all like <unintelligible squabble>"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

so Egoraptor did a videogame review after eating a full Habanero Pepper

it's a bit of an uncomfortable watch, at first it's funny but somewhere along the line (at around the 2:30 mark) Arin begins to suffer and weep uncontrollably and suddenly the whole thing begins feeling like youre witnessing and actual emotional breakdown.

I know it's meant for comedy, but I think it got a little too 'real' for a second there.

Ohhh boy and if he thinks habaneros hurt going IN. I'm sure he had a very unpleasant morning and his bathroom walls are scratched to all hell.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

miscellaneous14 posted:

I found a short sample that gives a pretty good idea of what it's like.

The first time I saw the movie (on TV) I coulda sworn they were using the workprint. I mean, no way in hell would the effects be that bad, right? I mean, Wolverine's claws look so shittily rotoscoped. loving Roger Rabbit looked better than that more than a decade ago, and they were going for intentionally cartoony!
Nope, it was the full version.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
For as much as I'm enjoying new Game Grumps, I cannot wait for them to play something that is not Super Mario Sunshine or Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy poo poo, it's been almost two months of Game Grumps doing nothing but Mario Sunshine and Kirby. Like yeah, they've had a couple of short series and one-offs, but it's getting ridiculous with how day in day out one episode of SMS, one episode of Kirby, or maybe one one-off.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mutation posted:

I just loving love Rich Evans so much. :allears:

Swear to god, everything having to do with him is just so delightfully, charmingly weird.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I've never watched a single JewWario thing, but from what I've seen on message boards and the internet in general, he seemed like he was an incredibly nice, amicable guy who genuinely enjoyed doing what he did.
Depression is one hell of a thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Jay O posted:

Huh? I thought it was inescapable. I'm not a shipper, at all, but Mikasa is pretty obsessed with Eren. I mean, yes, he's her last living family member, and that's a biggie. But she's also in love with him. There's the revealing "You and I are...we're...we're family!" scene. There's the stalker-y anger she exhibits when she suspects he has feelings for Annie, there's just...boo-koos of evidence that she's not just protective of him because his family rescued her. In the manga, she has a borderline confession scene prompted by their potential imminent death. She doesn't say "I love you," but she does say "Hey, this is why I still have this ratty-rear end scarf" with a very specific look in her eyes.

I could be proven wrong as the story goes on. But it seemed to me that she had a very romantically possessive attachment to Eren.

I'm not an animeologist like many people here and I've only seen the cartoon on Netflix, but Mikasa rubs me the wrong way because she feels way too much like a wish-fulfillment waifu character. I mean, the last remaining Japanese woman who is 100% devoted to the main character and is also a tremendous badass who can kill groups of titans by herself? Come on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How did people who make a living off of the internet survive before Patreon?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Danny isn't bad, but he's not super funny either when he's forced to play games he couldn't care less about. I'd like for him to try something on his own that isnt' his terrible band or GG.

It's never coming out, not unless Grumps goes under. poo poo, the last animated things he did for the past 2 years were what? That garbage Pokemon Awesome sequel that was like 3 minutes long and a couple of music videos for that terrible video game rap album?

His Luigi's Ballad video was outsourced to poo poo; Arin only did keyframes. His other videos were entirely done by other animators.
So yeah Arin is the one guy who did some creative stuff when the internet was new and has been riding its coattails ever since.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mutation posted:

Red Letter Media Update (may have to make a RLM thread if this keeps up): They're doing a Previously Recorded stream tonight, along with recording a Previously Recorded about this year's E3. They've also recorded TWO Best of the Worsts with "some friends/colleagues from out of town."

Oh man I hope they're as sharp as Kavasinski.
I mean seriously that guy could keep up with the RLM crew's weirdness like nobody's business.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like Seanbaby. Where does he even write now?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DStecks posted:

See, my favourite theory is that the Mario characters are a troupe of actors, and absolutely none of the mainline Mario games represent actual things that happened to them;and the Mario Kart/Party/Tenis etc. games are the troupe dicking around on their days off.

This is the official interpretation. At least it is, according to Miyamoto.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
LordKat is the guy who forgot he was streaming and started masturbating live, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DStecks posted:

LordKat was the guy who told Spoony to kill himself with his brother's service pistol while Spoony was having a nervous breakdown.

I don't think these events are mutually exclusive.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

You'd think Justice League would have saved Aquaman's character, seeing how he was pretty :black101: in that.

The episode where he chops off his hand with his belt buckle is pretty hard core but I guess people say that he was kinda tryhard in JLU? At any rate, the Batman Brave and the Bold version seems to be the definite Aquaman

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Want to share who this person is with the rest of the class?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

And as gross as it was the "I can't stop cumming!!!" will never not be funny to me.

The analogy of trying to put together three different jigsaw puzzles in 60 minutes was pretty good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Rich Evans could laugh at my father's funeral and I would start laughing with him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Kidney stones are associated with lack of exercise and hydration and are most common among bed-bound invalids. Yeah.

Isn't it also an old-wives' tale that they tend to happen to bitter, angry individuals too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
RLM using the slidewhistle and that ejaculation noise will never not make me laugh like a retard.

• Locked thread