Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cyron posted:

I seen the video now and i do 100% agree with the zombie episode. i am not a fan of zombies and have been more overplayed IMO then teenage vampire love stories. so i wasn't on board with that one and yes that episode 2nd part made me a fan.

I wish you luck on your new projects. you will always be the reviewer that got me into Baccano.

Like it did with JO, the Zombie Episode was the first one where I understood the kind of ride I was getting on. Up until then it was good, but that episode was the first amazing one.

And of course the second season was like this game of one-up-manship where they would just try to top the last episode and kept getting better and better until the finale (aside from the penultimate episode, of course. Real misstep there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I really need to finish Space Dandy, I stopped after the zombie episode cause I didn't like it very much, the humour was kinda dead to me, but I've seen gifs of later episodes floating around and some of them are pretty drat funny even stripped of context.

The first season is rocky, but good. Once you hit "I Can't Be the Only One, Baby", the second season opener, it just takes off.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

I still maintain that the court episode was actually kind of good. It needed a little more jazz, but then I had to be the only 10 year old watching the poo poo out of Matlock and Perry Mason reruns in between the A-Team reruns and cartoons.

The episode wasn't bad per se, I don't think any of them were. It was just less good next to all the other episodes. Like, it could have been scripted more tightly, into an episode of about half the length, without going through a bunch of the court procedure and it probably would have been better.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wow, I have seen all these movies before. This is a first.

Well, maybe only parts of Carnosaur. Theodore Rex, that was one I watched as a child and loved because I was a fool. A poor fool!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I've missed this so much.

don't tell your parents

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hbomberguy posted:

Video's finished.

I hope my dumb mockery of a few really silly people brightens someone's day. Please let me know what you think in case I do more stuff in this vein.

He does not move that skull between shots. He has one for every room. He fills them with fun size Marx Bars.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jay O posted:

You know what's also mentioned casually in The Fog? Tons and tons of landmarks and streetnames from my bumfuck nowhere hometown in Kentucky, (Bowling Green,) because that's where John Carpenter lived and went to school! (He's my university film program's star alumnus, basically.) Watching that movie was surreal for me because it's all like "THE FOG IS MOVING IN ON CAMPBELL LANE WITH A FEW OF THE CREATURES MATERIALIZING ON SMALLHOUSE ROAD" and it's like "poo poo-poo poo-poo poo they're here, batten down the loving doors and windows HOW DID THEY GET HERE THIS CITY IS LANDLOCKED AND ALSO HAS A POPULATION OF gently caress-ALL."

That must be amazing. All my town has produced are a Cracked.com writer and a Jersey Shore person.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jay O posted:

I continue to request this Hbomberguy quotables pastebin, and now extend the desire for said pastebin to old-timey embroidered throw pillows with his quotes on them. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

"You're an Internet Witch" would look great cross-stitched onto a pillow.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No longer TOMMROW, but RIGHT NOW

That opening :allears:

Has anyone tried calling that number?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
If that's true, then we'll be here when you get back, Kyle.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MonsieurChoc posted:

I dunno, I think it would work pretty well if they didn't change anything. It's more aimed at an older audience than most americna cartoons, but it would work pretty well at a alter time slot or something.

Then again how american companies deal with cartoons/anime has always been hosed up.

Thing is, the butchered it in strange ways. Like, in the Fox edit, there's none of the school stuff--she's just there.

For years, I half-remembered Fox's confused run of this show. I didn't remember its name, but I did remember it looked cool and that mechs that run on dragon hearts are awesome.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

Really hilarious and definitely worth the watch. This genuinely made me laugh a lot.

I am deeply disappointed that Jon Voight didn't make an appearance.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Forgall posted:

You forgot Polish.

Jesus Christ! A frog-woman!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh hey, Forever Knight! My mom loved that show; we would watch marathons of it together on Scifi when I was home sick from school :3:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Mike and Rich spend an afternoon bothering children :3:

http://redlettermedia.com/101-wacky-kid-jokes-with-kids/

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

Was Lullaby picked up for a commercial at one point? I've heard the hell out of that chorus but have never heard anything else of the song.

It was on those "Greatest Hits" CDs they used to have. Thanks to them, I am vaguely familiar with the choruses of all of Adult Alternative's greatest hits.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OldMemes posted:

I thought the Vox were a mutlicultural mix of the opressed lower classes in Columbia, not just black people? I remember there being quite a few Irish ones. Infinte's attempts to try and tackle racism are pretty ham fisted at best, but gaming is a relatively young story telling medium - I'm sure a better game dealing with racism and predjudice in a more stuble way will come along eventually.

I think a lot of Infinte's problems were down to how they kept changing everything during development. If you look at old videos and trailers, the amount of rewrites and rebulids during production is just silly - there's an ridiculous amount of cut content in the files. The game is stitched together from several different iterations. Coming as someone who actually liked Infinte, if they'd stuck to one vision, and not changed thier mind constantly, it would have been a tighter game.

I know most games get stuff cut and changed during production, but B:I's porduction sounds like a mess, it's lucky the game turned out as decent as it did. Troy Baker and Courtney Draper honestly carry a lot of the story alone - though Jennifer Hale putting on a plummy english accent and deadpanning one liners is pretty funny too.

Yeah; I'm not the only person who remembers to trailer with the horse who gets gets cuts in half by a portal, am I?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Miss Wallace posted:

Eddie gets hit on the head and they have a Gilligan's Island crossover.

So that's why there's an SS. Minnow thing in the opening!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That was amazing, I could listen to Mike's plodding, nonsense, go-nowhere stories about pointless poo poo forever.

But back on topic...

That story was quite possibly the best part of the episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

achillesforever6 posted:

The KLK thread did have a lot of good fan art too and fan music.
https://soundcloud.com/tiistai/dont-lose-your-way
:3:

Also it opened a whole new door for cosplayers to wear those ridiculous outfits (or Nudist Beach outfits)

Shame that "Row Row Fight the Power" doesn't work apparently since I don't see videos like these for it.

Its such a great song though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

I remember seeing a bunch of Nudist Beach guys standing outside of NYCC this past fall. It was freezing. That's dedication.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mokinokaro posted:

It's going to PC. Most of Microsoft's "exclusives" are going to PC.

And I'd argue the Wii U isn't quite worth the money yet unless you REALLY love Mario/Zelda.

Or Super Smash Bros. I just can't play that on a 3DS, it kills my hands.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
God. Now they've got my attention.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was the weirdest movie about a killer samurai gently caress ghost that I have ever seen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rhonne posted:

You should have taken the money and just done the same review again.

With paper puppets cut out from the manga and pasted onto popsicle sticks.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm sure I'll look back 10 years from now and think I was stupid for loving Hellsing Ultimate in 2014... actually no I would probably still love it as I finally watch the last abridged episode that got released in 2024

Ugh you have no idea how bad that show is to me because every time I have to talk to my mom's friends about what I want to do with my life it goes like this.

"Nice to meet you, what is that you want to be now that you are grown up?" :)

"Oh a Paleontologist, I'm already applying to thre.." :shepface:

"Oh you mean like Ross!!!" :downs:

"Yeah" :shepicide:

I don't want to be Ross I want to be Dr. Grant damnit :negative:

Always say no when anyone compares you to Ross. Any comparison to the character should be taken as an insult.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

poparena posted:

So, no more Nostalgia Chick.

EDIT: Apparently her last video as the Chick will be on Animorphs, which I take as a direct challenge.

FAKE EDIT: No I don't.

I'm looking forward to whatever she does next. It also sounds like her career is doing well, so yay!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's kind of funny that shortly after they finally redesign the site, it starts crumbling, with people leaving left and right.

You say something will happen when hell freezes over, but you never expect to actually have to lace up your ice skates, if you know what I mean.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bad Wolf posted:

Aaaand Channelawesome.com is down. Seems like the perfect coda to a day like this.

:commissar: All heretical thought must be purged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

9jack9 posted:

The FCC wouldn't be involved but if the game show had any sort of cash prize it would fall under whatever state gaming regulations exist in Illinois. I don't know what those rules look like but most are VERY strict about rules. As in, so strict that they regularly send SWAT teams to break up small poker games at VFW's. Considering everything else that's come to light I wouldn't be surprised at all if they hadn't even bothered to look into what those rules are.

Yeah, if you cross the gaming commission, you are hosed. We're talking fines and hard time.

• Locked thread